LOL Woman wants divorce after wedding

elwani

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IMO it was worth it

I got married just before Christmas and am hoping to be divorced or annulled by the end of January. Obviously, that wasn’t the plan originally, but …

I never cared about getting married, but I wasn’t opposed to it. So when my boyfriend proposed in 2020, we decided to go for it. We each took on about half the responsibility for organizing the wedding, but I think I was pretty reasonable about compromise when he really wanted something. My only hard-and-fast rule was that he would not rub cake in my face at the reception.

Being a reasonable man who knows me well, he didn’t. Instead, he grabbed me by the back of the head and shoved my head down into it. It was planned since the cake was DESTROYED, and he had a bunch of cupcakes as backup.

I left. Next day I told him we were done. I am standing by that. The thing is that over the holidays EVERYONE has gotten together to tell me I should give him a second chance. That I am overreacting because of my issues (I am VERY claustrophobic after a car accident years ago, and I absolutely panicked at being shoved into a cake and held there). That I love him (even though right now I don’t feel that at all), he loves me, and that means not giving up at the first hurdle. I don’t want to, but everyone is so united and confident in their assurance I am making a terrible mistake that I wonder if they are right.​

https://slate.com/human-interest/2022/01/dear-prudence-wedding-stunt-goodbye.html

Last edited:
Bitch sounds toxic AF saved the guy some future drama.

Sounds like the guy dodged a bullet there. If she's that fragile and willing to give up on a relationship, it's better to find out now.

Annulment for the win.
l@nd0

IMO it was worth it

I got married just before Christmas and am hoping to be divorced or annulled by the end of January. Obviously, that wasn’t the plan originally, but …

I never cared about getting married, but I wasn’t opposed to it. So when my boyfriend proposed in 2020, we decided to go for it. We each took on about half the responsibility for organizing the wedding, but I think I was pretty reasonable about compromise when he really wanted something. My only hard-and-fast rule was that he would not rub cake in my face at the reception.

Being a reasonable man who knows me well, he didn’t. Instead, he grabbed me by the back of the head and shoved my head down into it. It was planned since the cake was DESTROYED, and he had a bunch of cupcakes as backup.

I left. Next day I told him we were done. I am standing by that. The thing is that over the holidays EVERYONE has gotten together to tell me I should give him a second chance. That I am overreacting because of my issues (I am VERY claustrophobic after a car accident years ago, and I absolutely panicked at being shoved into a cake and held there). That I love him (even though right now I don’t feel that at all), he loves me, and that means not giving up at the first hurdle. I don’t want to, but everyone is so united and confident in their assurance I am making a terrible mistake that I wonder if they are right.​

https://slate.com/human-interest/2022/01/dear-prudence-wedding-stunt-goodbye.html
are you a woman?

Honestly that guys sounds like an asshole.

People treat marriage like dating. A divorce should be a reluctant, last option, not done frivolously like changing your Facebook status.

What's wrong with some people?
These kinds of values are becoming a thing of the past

People treat marriage like dating. A divorce should be a reluctant, last option, not done frivolously like changing your Facebook status.

What's wrong with some people?

Dating... only with a massive incentive of cash and prizes if the woman decides to leave.

Back