LOL, punch in 1st round did 'not' influence the later rounds.

nope, show some respect for the current champion, He is and always was the better fighter, he got caught and got flash ko'd which can happen to anyone, it was a shame that JDS was ever thought to be the best, at least now he is exposed.

To be honest im not that impressed with Cain, i was more dissapointed with JDS because Cain got all sloopy on many takedowns and JDS couldnt capitalize.

Maybe because i watched the fight with 7 friends (casuals) and they were bashing Cain for been slow, sloopy and not able to finish a guy who was already done from the first minutes of the first round when he was still fresh not to mention he wasnt even able to keep him down ever.

EDIT: We are Mexicans btw.

Lol @ comparing LW & HW. Its a whole different sport. Training wise, gameplan wise, physically and mentally. If Frankie is so good he'd pack on the weight and fight @ HW. No, forget packing on weight, he'd just fight @ HW. Lets see what his infinite cardio will do for him @ HW. Its not easy having infinite cardio OR taking a hit @ HW as it is @ LW.

And I was cheering for Cain but if you don't see how that first knockdown affected the rest of the first 3 and possibly 4 rounds then you don't know what you're watching and should stop trying to act like you can analyze MMA. Just STFU and watch and enjoy the shows / fights.

The reason JDS wasn't able to recover wasn't b/c of his chin / recovery. It was b/c of the pressure that Cain put on him. I guarantee you Shields doesn't recover if Henderson had kept the pressure on for 3 or 4 rounds.

It wasn't just that one hit, that one knockdown.

JDS fans trying to justify JDS' getting dominated vs Cain getting flashed, by just saying they were the same thing. This argument holds no water. Getting rocked in the first round will not effect-affect :rolleyes: a fighter's performance 4 rounds later.

You're insulting JDS by imlying he could remain concious but not shake off that punch in a 20 minute radious.

So, Frankie Edgar almost gets his head knocked off by one of the hardest punchers at lightweight, (Maynard) but he still manages to shake it off and recover by the next round, and gets the fight to a draw.

Jake shields and Shogun were both almost knocked out cold by one of the hardest punchers in MMA period(Hendo). They both came back fairly early, with Jake winning and Shogun giving us one of the best fights of his career.

So JDS gets hit by a guy who isn't known for having great hands, yet he can't recover in 20 minutes? I choose not to believe that, but if that were true, it says a lot about his chin when he apparently had a great one.

Yes it is possible. Obviously you've never been in any type of ring.

It's not only that not everyone can recover damage wise like edgar TS it's that they are heavyweight and the acid lactic quickly kick in, it was very obvious santos was going to lose after the storm he received in the first. It was just champion pride, all he had left was his tremendous guts ( credits where it's due ) and knockout punch/combination.

lol at this, JDS made Cain look like an amateur in the first minutes of the fight just stuffing takedown after takedown.

People are overlooking the fact that if JDS became the agressor after stuffing all of those takedowns instead of gassing Cain wouldve got KTFO again.

No, watch the fight again. JDS was getting tagged, and even after the big punch JDS still defended many takedowns. The problem wasn't a punch, the problem was that Cain is a better fighter.

To be honest im not that impressed with Cain, i was more dissapointed with JDS because Cain got all sloopy on many takedowns and JDS couldnt capitalize.

Maybe because i watched the fight with 7 friends (casuals) and they were bashing Cain for been slow, sloopy and not able to finish a guy who was already done from the first minutes of the first round when he was still fresh not to mention he wasnt even able to keep him down ever.

EDIT: We are Mexicans btw.

Maybe you should take one wrestling class, throw up midway through, and then get back to me.

Maybe you should take one wrestling class, throw up midway through, and then get back to me.

I train Jiujitsu and thats probably the closest to wrestling in terms of physical contact and yes it is exhausting but Cain is the cardio machine right?, plus ive been grappling for over an hour straight so i think Cain shouldve been able to at least keep JDS down and hold a dominant position.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go out on and guess TS has never been punched in the face in his life.

A: Cain was clearly winning and Junior was clearly gassing before that big punch

B: Edgar/Maynard 2 and 3 prove that a great fighter can come back from a terrible punch. That's called recovery, and it's just as important as chin and heart. If you don't have it, sucks to be you

I hope the ts gets but really hard in the head sometime soon and has important shit to do.

JDS fans trying to justify JDS' getting dominated vs Cain getting flashed, by just saying they were the same thing. This argument holds no water. Getting rocked in the first round will not effect-affect :rolleyes: a fighter's performance 4 rounds later.

You're insulting JDS by imlying he could remain concious but not shake off that punch in a 20 minute radious.

So, Frankie Edgar almost gets his head knocked off by one of the hardest punchers at lightweight, (Maynard) but he still manages to shake it off and recover by the next round, and gets the fight to a draw.

Jake shields and Shogun were both almost knocked out cold by one of the hardest punchers in MMA period(Hendo). They both came back fairly early, with Jake winning and Shogun giving us one of the best fights of his career.

So JDS gets hit by a guy who isn't known for having great hands, yet he can't recover in 20 minutes? I choose not to believe that, but if that were true, it says a lot about his chin when he apparently had a great one.

1. Why are you comparing fighter's who are known for having a good chin in lower divisions. Power does not scale linearly.

2. Yes, it did influence later rounds. Was it the most dominant effect? Nope, it wasn't. It was JDS gassing even before the punch and Cain's relentless pace in rounds 1, 2 and maybe 3 and 4.

Either way, JDS lost fair and square. But the punch was a part of it, just like all of Cain's good attributes, cardio, wrestling and integrated striking.

One punch can change the whole fight it doesnt matter what round.

I thought for sure this was a trollbelt thread.

Holy shit how can one punch NOT be capable of setting the tone for the rest of the fight when that's exactly what happened in first match?

Punch had no effect. He was eating punches through out round 2-5. It was the fact that he had no energy left but did just enough to keep the fight going when it should have been stopped.

I guess you've never been concussed before in your life? I hate Sherdog sometimes.

TS is a rubbish troll post which I only read about a sentence of.

If you think a punch won't effect you when it was thrown by a guy like CV, than you're a retard. Your analogies are totally retarded, and your whole "I choose to believe" shows you have no idea what honesty and integrity mean. Your thread is bad, your opinions are stupid, and you should feel full of guilt right now.

JDS gassed bro, nothing more nothing less. The punches hurt him for sure, but his gas tank wasn't where it needed to be for a 5 round championship fight

Did u fucking watching the fight?
Did u see the pace of round one? Any HW would gas from that
Even Cain himself was tired

Back