LOL, punch in 1st round did 'not' influence the later rounds.

TS - what a load of garbage you are writing.

Quite often fighters don't recover fully from big punches.

Fitch swears he was rocked for most of the GSP fight because of the big punch he ate. Remember Sylvia v Randy? Tim didn't even know what round it was in or around round 4, all because of that punch early on.

Particularly at HW, a big punch can put a guy on queer street for a whole fight. Not to mention, the punishment taken after that when you are in survival mode.

JDS was staggering at the round end, a few minutes after the punch. He was hardly staggering because of a bit of blocked gnp.

TS failed to mention Couture vs Timmy. How did that fight go?

whatever bro. but you believe cain doesnt have strong hands?

he his a heavy weight thats never knocked anyone out strong hands ? fuck yes. ko power ? NAH plus sports science said gsp kicks harder than shogun and all other non sense

This is a terrible post TS. One punch can change everything, that has been proven time and time again in MMA. It's not discrediting Cain in the least bit because he's the first fucking fighter to drop JDS. Also, people saying Cain doesn't have good hands are morons. The combo he KO'd Big Nog with was awesome.

Who got smashed in their first fight?

cain, and then jds got smashed but the dude that won last night not by a single punch but proving to be better in every fucking aspect for 25 mins is most likely the better fighter so who gives a crap about the first fight now

How dumb would you have to be to think it'd not effect you?

That's a self troll for the ages.

whatever bro. but you believe cain doesnt have strong hands?

sportscience is 100% bullshit but he is retarded for saying cain has pillow hands or whatever

i hate it that whenever fights like this happen people downplay shit, instead of saying "man jds has a fucking granite chin and heart of a champion" they go "cain has pillow hands and couldnt finish jds lol"

every hw has fucking heavy hands and its the same dude that koed minotauro

Not everyone can recover like alvarez or edgar.

And it's much worse at HW, where so many fights end to strikes.

Also, it wasn't just one punch. Cain followed up with some bombs when JDS was on all 4's.

It's a problem for every standup fighter. They expect the TD shot, but then the opponent comes over the top instead.
Randleman did it to Cro Cop, Mir did it to Kongo, Chael did it to Anderson, and Cain did it to JDS.
Cain is by far the best kickboxer of these grapplers who threw a punch instead of changing levels, and hits the hardest by far.
There is no solution to it other than split second alertness. That's how fast it happens at the highest levels.

Go rewatch the fight, Cain was already dominating JDS before the big punch. Also JDS recovered from it, but Cain kept smashing his face.

Cain won because he's a far better and superior fighter.

Have you ever had a serious concussion? Did you recover instantly?

You don't think Cain constantly pushing the pace and following up with more punches had an effect on his recovery either?

Go rewatch the fight, Cain was already dominating JDS before the big punch. Also JDS recovered from it, but Cain kept smashing his face.

Dude, how can you be so ignorant (for the lack of a much much better word)

lol at this, JDS made Cain look like an amateur in the first minutes of the fight just stuffing takedown after takedown.

People are overlooking the fact that if JDS became the agressor after stuffing all of those takedowns instead of gassing Cain wouldve got KTFO again.

I was very surprised at Junior's lack of recovery more than anything, not necessarily from the punch either, just in general. I know we haven't really seen Junior's endurance tested like Cain tested it for the first half of the first round, but it still surprises me how much he slowed down. I don't recall whether the punch landed during the first half of the round where Junior was evading takedowns, or during the second part where Junior had slowed down considerably.

So i guess Matt serra is better than GSP?

Are you comparing Mat Serra to a guy who was considered to be one of the best HW of all time?

JDS has KO pretty much all of his opponents except 2, he either stopped or got right back up of all Cain

I see no harm or disrespect to any of the two fighters in assuming the first punch changed the whole fight.
I actually think it did. And isn't that why they punch each other hard in the face?
JDS needed at least 2 rounds to recover. In the 4th round he just wasn't himself anymore because of the constant domination, and perhaps he just then realized how bad it was.
Perhaps he wasn't even supposed to get up after that first punch, but somehow his body was able to get through it, and Cain wasn't able to finish it.
What a strange way of thinking.

Are you comparing Mat Serra to a guy who was considered to be one of the best HW of all time?

JDS has KO pretty much all of his opponents except 2, he either stopped or got right back up of all Cain

Back