LOL, punch in 1st round did 'not' influence the later rounds.

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
JDS fans trying to justify JDS' getting dominated vs Cain getting flashed, by just saying they were the same thing. This argument holds no water. Getting rocked in the first round will not effect-affect :rolleyes: a fighter's performance 4 rounds later.

You're insulting JDS by imlying he could remain concious but not shake off that punch in a 20 minute radious.

So, Frankie Edgar almost gets his head knocked off by one of the hardest punchers at lightweight, (Maynard) but he still manages to shake it off and recover by the next round, and gets the fight to a draw.

Jake shields and Shogun were both almost knocked out cold by one of the hardest punchers in MMA period(Hendo). They both came back fairly early, with Jake winning and Shogun giving us one of the best fights of his career.

So JDS gets hit by a guy who isn't known for having great hands, yet he can't recover in 20 minutes? I choose not to believe that, but if that were true, it says a lot about his chin when he apparently had a great one.

Cain's pace won the fight without question, but I think the big punch had a cumulative effect that only broke Junior's spirit further.

Cain won because he's the better fighter.

i think i hate this ts and his op.. so many things annoy me "effect-affect" "radious" "Sherdog member since AUG 06" "Hendo fans are old" "James Blunt By Arm Bar _ won this sig off cripple fighter " and the rest of the post. man.. comparing heavyweight power to lightweight power. honestly, not only is this whole post full retard, the ts is a full retard

Yes it will affect later rounds...

JDS gassed bro, nothing more nothing less. The punches hurt him for sure, but his gas tank wasn't where it needed to be for a 5 round championship fight

Jds had an adrenaline dump and vain fans want to glorify the fact their fighter couldn't finish a fighter who couldn't fight back. Lulz

The constant pressure of takedowns and getting hit in the face is what wore JDS down

Yes, it actually will. Thats not taking anything away from Cain at all.

Yes it will affect later rounds...

I don't think it's the primary motivator, but also I don't see how it's a non-factor.

JDS was already getting worked to death, and then he gets dropped, so when he comes back from dream land, he's even more desperately tired, and half his face is numb and his feet are shaking.

It's just part of a complete and multifaceted beatdown.

getting dropped and pounded on doesn't effect your ability to fight?

huh

of course it can. some guys just don't recover that well.

it happens in boxing all the time. JDS looked out on his feet for a few rounds.

If he were concussed, or broke his jaw, yes it would influence it quite a bit.

Also with that nose, breathing becomes more labored.

I love threads like this from people who have never been hit and no medical knowledge.

Tell me about how lung cancer won't effect perfusion next

All ears

I hate to break this to you TS, but when you get hit in the head and suffer brain trauma, weird shit happens. Additionally, different people react different ways to physical stress. Edgar recovering for being rocked in his fights has jack shit to do with Cain hurting Junior.

It's totally possible that Junior never recovered from being rocked in the first. I've gotten hit hard and been out of it for an entire day.

I also don't see how that is any sort of slight to Cain. He's the one who threw the punch with bad intentions and fucked Junior up.

Dude just STFU.

Jones landed a knee on Shogun in the first seconds of their fight that set the course for the rest of the fight.

Nate got poped in the first against Bendo and was seeing double out of one eye for the rest of the night.

Shit happens.

I'm not even saying one punch early last night set the course for the rest of the fight.

But maybe it did.

Last edited:
JDS fans trying to justify JDS' getting dominated vs Cain getting flashed, by just saying they were the same thing. This argument holds no water. Getting rocked in the first round will not effect-affect :rolleyes: a fighter's performance 4 rounds later.

You're insulting JDS by imlying he could remain concious but not shake off that punch in a 20 minute radious.

So, Frankie Edgar almost gets his head knocked off by one of the hardest punchers at lightweight, (Maynard) but he still manages to shake it off and recover by the next round, and gets the fight to a draw.

Jake shields and Shogun were both almost knocked out cold by one of the hardest punchers in MMA period(Hendo). They both came back fairly early, with Jake winning and Shogun giving us one of the best fights of his career.

So JDS gets hit by a guy who isn't known for having great hands, yet he can't recover in 20 minutes? I choose not to believe that, but if that were true, it says a lot about his chin when he apparently had a great one.

You've obviously never been punched really hard in the face. lol. And that comment about Cain not being known for having great hands in bullshit. If you don't recall, much of the lead-up to Cain's fight with Lesnar revolved around the tremendous power in Cain's punches as measured by punching power metrics, apparently higher than anyone ever tested. It was hammered in ppl's heads for a month by UFC.

http://thedragonzone.com/2011/fight-news/cain-velasquez-punching-power-2230-lbs-of-force-video/

A concussion takes days or sometimes weeks to recover from. Nobody is insulting JDS by saying he was hurt by that punch and never recovered.

TS is a professional fighter.. Of sofa cushions

Back