LOL Jones Literally Had To Chase Reyes The Entire Fight!

jones literally turned his back and ran. full sprint. what a bad thread

It’s even more interesting to me that you think a guy who landed LESS clean and ineffective strikes won because he was walking his opponent down

Yes, it's called momentum. Dominic Reyes was inefficient, wasted his energy, backpedaled the entire time. He was fading and fading fast.

Ray Charles could see, that Jon Jones was fresher, stronger, and gaining momentum.

Jones looked bad early, especially when he ran from the power, but at the end of the fight it was Reyes who was running, tired, and he looked almost desperate. Jon looked like the hunter, Reyes was the hunted.

The champion should always be the hunter, never the prey. I wanted Dominic Reyes to win, and he had his moments in the first two rounds, but it was Jones who carried himself like the champion in there, from rounds 3 to 5.

Their opinion matters because it determines the actual outcome of the fight. Maybe I’m just not giving Reyes enough credit, but I didn’t see it (him winning)

So basically you agree with every decision the judges make hence in your eyes there has never been a robbery ever.

Lol at people saying move forward and do nothing and still win. Jones moved forward and did something.

Some of you guys all act like Jones was a mindless slugger missing all the time while Reyes was pulling a Mayweather on him. FFS
Jones lost 3 rounds to 2...nobody has to “act” like anything, only score a fairly clear cut decision obviously

Yes, it's called momentum. Dominic Reyes was inefficient, wasted his energy, backpedaled the entire time. He was fading and fading fast.

Ray Charles could see, that Jon Jones was fresher, stronger, and gaining momentum.

Jones looked bad early, especially when he ran from the power, but at the end of the fight it was Reyes who was running, tired, and he looked almost desperate. Jon looked like the hunter, Reyes was the hunted.

The champion should always be the hunter, never the prey. I wanted Dominic Reyes to win, and he had his moments in the first two rounds, but it was Jones who carried himself like the champion in there, from rounds 3 to 5.

Jones got outstruck, outworked for the first 3 rounds clearly. This is a fact.

Jones won the last 2 hence why he should have lost the fight. It’s very simple

Weren't you one of the ones who thought GSP beat Hendricks?
I believe I did give GSP that fight. I think GSP had more success besides some ground and pound Hendricks got in when GSP slipped. That was a pretty good fight.

Jones got outstruck, outworked for the first 3 rounds clearly. This is a fact.

For the first 2 rounds. Reyes was fading badly by Round 3.

Jones was far more efficient, was constantly going after Reyes, who was constantly giving ground.

Jones won the last 2 hence why he should have lost the fight. It’s very simple

Sorry, it's not that simple. How can you call a man who is fading, getting tired, running, and avoiding the forward-coming foe "a champion?"

The champion is the man who fought professionally, who did NOT get tired, and who was hunting down the tired other man in the cage.. Reyes was running from the danger zone for the last 3 rounds of the fight.

Jon Jones was the man who fought like he wanted the belt, while Reyes was avoiding the fight.

Sorry pal, that is not the stuff of which Champions are made.

Jones fought like he wanted the belt, which is why he still has it.

For the first 2 rounds. Reyes was fading badly by Round 3.

No, for the first 3 rounds. The fact Reyes was fading didn’t change the fact he still outlanded and outworked Jones in that round.

Jones was far more efficient, was constantly going after Reyes, who was constantly giving ground.

More efficient in what way? Get hit more and throw less strikes? Makes no sense.

Sorry, it's not that simple. How can you call a man who is fading, getting tired, running, and avoiding the forward-coming foe "a champion?"

The champion is the man who fought professionally, who did NOT get tired, and who was hunting down the tired other man in the cage.. Reyes was running from the danger zone for the last 3 rounds of the fight.

Jon Jones was the man who fought like he wanted the belt, while Reyes was avoiding the fight.

Sorry pal, that is not the stuff of which Champions are made.

Jones fought like he wanted the belt, which is why he still has it.

Once you rewatch the fight and see Reyes clearly wins the first 3 rounds then you’ll understand that the fight should have been fairly simple to score. All this other stuff you are saying is irrelevant. Champion or no champion

No, for the first 3 rounds. The fact Reyes was fading didn’t change the fact he still outlanded and outworked Jones in that round.

Actually, that Reyes touched Jones more than Jones touched him doesn't change the fact Reyes was fading, running, and looking desperate.

More efficient in what way? Get hit more and throw less strikes? Makes no sense.

More efficient, meaning the tortoise and the hare.

Reyes started off faster, but blew his wad and faded out.

Jones started slower, but was stronger and was after Reyes' fading ass for most of the fight.

Makes perfect sense to those who have the sense to see this and comprehend momentum.

Once you rewatch the fight and see Reyes clearly wins the first 3 rounds then you’ll understand that the fight should have been fairly simple to score.

Once you rewatch the fight, you will see what I am talking about.

All this other stuff you are saying is irrelevant. Champion or no champion

Actually, everything I am saying is absolutely relevant.

Once you realize that history will forever support my position, and once you comprehend Jones is still champion, you will come out of the fog of your belief system, and realize your opinion is what is irrelevant.

My opinion is Jon Jones fought like the champion, and Jon Jones = the Champion.

Please come to terms with this.

Actually, that Reyes touched Jones more than Jones touched him doesn't change the fact Reyes was fading, running, and looking desperate.

No but Reyes “fading, running and looking desperate” doesn’t change the fact it’s irrelevant because he outlanders Jones and had more input.

Are judges now scoring based on a fighter looking faded rather than actually landing strikes?

More efficient, meaning the tortoise and the hare.

Reyes started off faster, but blew his wad and faded out.

Jones started slower, but was stronger and was after Reyes' fading ass for most of the fight.

Makes perfect sense to those who have the sense to see this and comprehend momentum.

Once you rewatch the fight, you will see what I am talking about.

Actually, everything I am saying is absolutely relevant.

Once you realize that history will forever support my position, and once you comprehend Jones is still champion, you will come out of the fog of your belief system, and realize your opinion is what is irrelevant.

My opinion is Jon Jones fought like the champion, and Jon Jones = the Champion.

Please come to terms with this.

You have actually not put forward why or how Jones won the fight. You just keep talking about what Reyes did which is telling

No but Reyes “fading, running and looking desperate” doesn’t change the fact it’s irrelevant because he outlanders Jones and had more input.

Again, your beliefs are irrelevant, because Jones won.

Momentum matters, not just who touches the other the most.

Are judges now scoring based on a fighter looking faded rather than actually landing strikes?

Yes, please come to terms with this. Ring generalship, control, aggression are all factors.

Strikes are only part of the equation. Just because you believe strikes are the most important part of the fight doesn't mean other people are this blind and dense.

People who actually understand the fight game, realize that momentum, cage control, effective aggression, all count also.

You have actually not put forward why or how Jones won the fight. You just keep talking about what Reyes did which is telling

WTF? You cannot comprehend basic English I reckon.

Jones won because he controlled the fight, backed Reyes up, had Reyes absolutely gassed out, backpedaling, which = mental and physical weakness compared to Jones.

The champion should be mentally and physically stronger, the champion should be the one looking for the fight, not avoiding it. Reyes could only sustain himself or two rounds, after which he was essentially a beaten man trying to avoid his beating.

Meanwhile, Jones, while giving up the first two rounds, eventually became the stronger man, forcing the fight, all of which are part of the fight.

You keep talking about what you "think" is true, and cannot seem to comprehend that Jon Jones retained his championship, despite what you "think."

If you cannot comprehend what I am saying, and if you cannot face the reality that these other factors count also, then you can remain baffled as to why Jones won ... and you can continue to live in a fantasy world where Reyes (the fading, tired, backpedaling man) is "really" the champion.

Jones are acting like they know he’s a lucky boy.

Except when he was running with his back to him haha, he literally got chased by Reyes, who also walked Jones into quite a bit of shots

I mean other than when Jones turned his back to Reyes & was sprinting away from him to try & get out of the fire. Which happened several timez... but I see what the thread is saying.

2017 roolz for judging say Octagon control is only a judging criteria that's to be used to decide a round that is otherwise too close to call. Only then is it supposed to sway a round. However the old rools that Texas are still under make no distinction & so "Fighting area control" & "aggressiveness" is just as legit a factor in Texas scoring, as effective striking & grappling. So Octogon control clearly does make a difference in Texas.

We need a dedicated world wide judging organization specifically focused on MMA. (no boxing crossovers) & get everyone on board. Easier said than done, I know since each state & country are separate entities atm. The UFC needs to just rock up & tell people we won't bring our show to your state if you don't comply with the unified roolz.

Last edited:
Back