LOL Jones Literally Had To Chase Reyes The Entire Fight!

Hitting a man in the arms is not striking.
Don’t be a retard just because you’re a Jon nuthugger. Reyes landed the better strikes all night even if a few of them were glancing blows

Walking forward and getting out struck and countered isn’t winning

That’s not what Bruce Buffer said though. He said it is winning. Shouldn’t you be arguing with him?

Don’t be a retard just because you’re a Jon nuthugger. Reyes landed the better strikes all night even if a few of them were glancing blows
Better strikes in one or two rounds of a five round fight. He also gassed, got taken down, was repeatedly head kicked, leg kicked, and even got hit with spinning shit. Jon isn’t even known for boxing and held his own in that arena.

It was a great fight. Masterclass by Jon.

How many times did jones actually run away? I dont remember reyes running at all he was using footwork to keep away from the long fingers

Better strikes in one or two rounds of a five round fight. He also gassed, got taken down, was repeatedly head kicked, leg kicked, and even got hit with spinning shit. Jon isn’t even known for boxing and held his own in that arena.

It was a great fight. Masterclass by Jon.
One or two rounds? Clearly theres no point in debating with you anymore because you are incapable of looking at the fight objectively. Reyes got taken down twice and Jon did literally nothing with it. Jon didn’t land anything significant besides maybe one head kick. Amazing how you sell Reyes so short when he absolutely landed the better strikes and praise Jon for doing nothing

Jones was running from Reyes into most of the 4th round LOL. TS is retarded

One or two rounds? Clearly theres no point in debating with you anymore because you are incapable of looking at the fight objectively. Reyes got taken down twice and Jon did literally nothing with it. Jon didn’t land anything significant besides maybe one head kick. Amazing how you sell Reyes so short when he absolutely landed the better strikes and praise Jon for doing nothing
I can say that Reyes punched Jon and did nothing with it but that doesn’t change what happened or how fights are scored. Your logic is flawed. Three professional MMA judges agree with my score of the fight. No one that matters agrees with you.

Tonight was about Jon Jones, UFC gold, and God himself.

At NO point was Reyes in control of that fight. Aside from a great 1st round, literally spent the rest of the fight on his bicycle, running laps from Jones.
so prime Ali never won a fight?

Reyes was good but he gas out and Jones won 3:2

Jones got outstruck by a significant margin in the first three and his takedowns were ineffective.

Octagon control only matters if it's a tie between striking and ground. It was not.

This. Octagon control is intended as a tiebreaker if two dudes are evenly-matched (or roughly so) in other criteria. They weren't in the first few rounds, not by a long shot.

Did Jones spend the majority of the fight having to chase Reyes down, or not?

Did you perhaps miss the parts where Jon ate punches and had to turn his back and jump on his bike to flee Dom, especially in the earlier rounds?

And to curb your nonsense:
  • Hendricks beat GSP.
  • I was rooting for Bones.
Dom beat him. It was -- at best -- a draw. There was no world in which Jon getting a UD is not a robbery, especially with a laughably disgusting 49-46 on one card. But I'm not really expecting much, considering your entire posting history on Sherdog is you motorboating JBJ via text.

Octagon control is supposed to be the last criteria taken into account, only meant to be a real factor when everything else is more or less equal. Walking a guy down while getting hit repeatedly should never be a valid strategy.
Source?

At NO point was Reyes in control of that fight. Aside from a great 1st round, literally spent the rest of the fight on his bicycle, running laps from Jones.

This is what the fight boils down to..... 10 more significant strikes from Reyes, vs FULL OCTAGON CONTROL for 4.5 rounds from Jones.

View attachment 724941

Haters literally have no shame in their desperation, but as much as it doesn't fit their narrative, octagon control IS a major judging criteria, of which Reyes showed none of, and Jones showed ALL of. Also, don't think that we haven't noticed that most of you saying it was a robbery, were also saying that GSP beat Hendricks lol....your hypocrisy isn't lost on us.

That said, Reyes is legit as f*ck, and won't lose to anyone else at LHW. He is the future of the division.
View media item 32719fuck your casual ass website with its pseudo stats

Moving forward means more than landing strikes to you?

You're seriously as dumb as the judges.

The MMA judging criteria. How have you watched MMA for at least 11 years and not know the judging criteria?
I meant it facetiously because your post is nonsense.

Octagon control is not the last ranked criterion. You made that up.

1 and 3 Reyes
4 and 5 Jones

2 was a toss up for me. Would be kinda meh for Jones to lose it that way but it's ultimately his fault for being a shadow of his former self, he fought really bad in his last three.

Judge who had it 4-1 Jones is a moron

The first three rounds were obviously close.

But I feel despite the numbers, Reyes looked better early in rounds. Then faded and Jones took over the second half of rounds.

I can understand how that would weigh on judges minds. Recency bias is real.

Last edited:
I meant it facetiously because your post is nonsense.

Octagon control is not the last ranked criterion. You made that up.

No, I didn't make up the scoring criteria, BJM made it up.

Here's the scoring criteria. Octagon control is literally the least important thing.

Effective Striking/Grappling shall be considered the first priority of round assessments. Effective Aggressiveness is a ‘Plan B’ and should not be considered unless the judge does not see ANY advantage in the Effective Striking/Grappling realm. Cage/Ring Control (‘Plan C’) should only be needed when ALL other criteria are 100% even for both competitors. This will be an extremely rare occurrence.

http://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/juding_criteriascoring_rev0816.pdf

Seriously, how the hell did you not know what the judging criteria is when you've watched for at least 11 years?

They even announce the scoring criteria at every event.

Stupid 10 point system and scoring criteria aside. If fans could score based on their criteria, some like me would down grade evasiveness which is done in wrestling and judo. I thought both fighters ran away a fair amount first couple of rounds. Jones was clearly the aggressor 4 and 5th and arguably 3rd. I felt the fight was a draw. An extra 3 minute round would be welcome as tie breaker. Guess Judgez wanted challenger to beat the Champ and win the belt not eek out a point decision. A rematch will be interesting. Wonder how soon.
P.s. I do not care for the unified rules 10 point scoring system. Pride and Rizen scoring fight as a whole weighing threat to finish better. Not interested in debating UFC scoring system I despise.

No, I didn't make up the scoring criteria, BJM made it up.

Here's the scoring criteria. Octagon control is literally the least important thing.

Effective Striking/Grappling shall be considered the first priority of round assessments. Effective Aggressiveness is a ‘Plan B’ and should not be considered unless the judge does not see ANY advantage in the Effective Striking/Grappling realm. Cage/Ring Control (‘Plan C’) should only be needed when ALL other criteria are 100% even for both competitors. This will be an extremely rare occurrence.

http://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/juding_criteriascoring_rev0816.pdf

Seriously, how the hell did you not know what the judging criteria is when you've watched for at least 11 years?
Effective Aggressiveness is a ‘Plan B’ and should not be considered unless the judge does not see ANY advantage in the Effective Striking/Grappling realm. Cage/Ring Control (‘Plan C’) should only be needed when ALL other criteria are 100% even for both competitors. This will be an extremely rare occurrence.

Seriously, are your able to read? You keep making up bullshit to try to fit your narrative.

Jones won and you are an idiot.

Back