LOL Jones Literally Had To Chase Reyes The Entire Fight!

He ran like a b*tch every time Reyes punched him hard in the face. He does that all the time

Effective striking trumps octagon control

It was a factor. I think reyes out pointed jones, but jones didn't look destroyed.

Jones was the one who Turned his back and Ran after getting tagged. Gtfo

Obvious trolling. Can someone just ban this dude already?

At NO point was Reyes in control of that fight. Aside from a great 1st round, literally spent the rest of the fight on his bicycle, running laps from Jones.

This is what the fight boils down to..... 10 more significant strikes from Reyes, vs FULL OCTAGON CONTROL for 4.5 rounds from Jones.

View attachment 724941

Haters literally have no shame in their desperation, but as much as it doesn't fit their narrative, octagon control IS a major judging criteria, of which Reyes showed none of, and Jones showed ALL of. Also, don't think that we haven't noticed that most of you saying it was a robbery, were also saying that GSP beat Hendricks lol....your hypocrisy isn't lost on us.

That said, Reyes is legit as f*ck, and won't lose to anyone else at LHW. He is the future of the division.
Octagon control is only a factor if all else is equal. You're a clown and don't know what you're talking about.

Reyes gas tank was always the biggest question mark. He gassed at the end of the OSP and Volkan fights, he had never been in a 5 rounder before and he keeps a super high pace. He took the foot of the pedal mid round 3, was obviously tired but kept moving and fighting Jones off. What did you want him to do? He was still landing and defending take downs in the championship rounds.

Last edited:
At NO point was Reyes in control of that fight. Aside from a great 1st round, literally spent the rest of the fight on his bicycle, running laps from Jones.

This is what the fight boils down to..... 10 more significant strikes from Reyes, vs FULL OCTAGON CONTROL for 4.5 rounds from Jones.

View attachment 724941

Haters literally have no shame in their desperation, but as much as it doesn't fit their narrative, octagon control IS a major judging criteria, of which Reyes showed none of, and Jones showed ALL of. Also, don't think that we haven't noticed that most of you saying it was a robbery, were also saying that GSP beat Hendricks lol....your hypocrisy isn't lost on us.

That said, Reyes is legit as f*ck, and won't lose to anyone else at LHW. He is the future of the division.
It's been the same way for Jones his entire career. If he doesn't dominate every aspect for every second then he lost. In this case I thought it was extremely close. I wouldn't have complained if he lost. I thought Reyes won 1. 2 and 3 were really close and Jones won 4 and 5. With Jones wining every aspect except the striking stats in the first 3. I think like with Gus if they fight again Jones does what Jones does. My only complaint is that I'd like to see Jones really go after ppl with those thudding kicks in those rounds once he has them tired. He could spam those and just overwhelm ppl but for some reason he picks and chooses. I can understand ppl thinking Reyes won but I can't understand the robbery stuff. 4-1 was insane though.

View attachment 724941

so you believe the striking exchanges in all 5 rounds were EVEN?because thats the only way OCTAGON CONTROL comes into play

Last edited:
Fighting Area Control

“Fighting area control is assessed by determining who is dictating the pace, place and position of the match.”

Fighting Area Control” shall only to be assessed if Effective Striking/Grappling and Effective Aggressiveness is 100% equal for both competitors. This will be assessed very rarely.

http://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/juding_criteriascoring_rev0816.pdf

Octagon control pretty much useless in most circumstances according to official criteria.

Octagon control only matters if the striking is even. Reyes landed more strikes in the first three rounds. It was a very clear 48-47 for Reyes for anyone that doesn't suck at judging fights.

Obvious trolling. Can someone just ban this dude already?

How is that trolling? Reyes was LITERALLY jogging away from Jones in the last two rounds, but it didn't matter because he was still getting the shit kicked out of him AND taken down by a tired Jones.

How is that trolling? Reyes was LITERALLY jogging away from Jones in the last two rounds, but it didn't matter because he was still getting the shit kicked out of him AND taken down by a tired Jones.
No he wasn’t. You don’t understand fighting. Jon had the better cardio in round 4 and arguably lost the last round. Reyes won the first 3 rounds. Maybe try to wipe your boyfriends cum out of your eyes the next time you watch a fight

The only time Reyes established octagon control is when he was wildly missing punches.

The only time Reyes established octagon control is when he was wildly missing punches.
Why the fuck should octagon control matter when you are being outstruck the whole time? As if walking forward matters more than actually landing strikes

Why the fuck should octagon control matter when you are being outstruck the whole time? As if walking forward matters more than actually landing strikes
Hitting a man in the arms is not striking.

Walking forward and getting out struck and countered isn’t winning

Back