lol if Jones sit out, there might be more talent outside of the UFC than within the

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the stable of the organization

seriously think about Jones, GSP, Nick Diaz, Melendez, Okami,

I see at least 4 champs right there if they fought in the UFC.

Okami wouldn't be champ

Gsp is taking a break
Diaz would not be champ I guarantee that
Melendez wouldn't beat pettis

Melendez is still with the UFC and Hendricks is a good match-up against Nick. Okami's good but Weidman has the skill set to beat him.

No way Diaz or Okami would be champ in their respective divisions at the moment. Nick would get tooled by the wrestling power punchers at WW, and Jacare proved Okami isn't on par with the MW top 5.

diaz has already beat the most recent title challenger in the WW division

when he was a mere teenager

gtfo with your trifling bs

It would be career suicide for Jones to leave the UFC.

No one, not even casual fans would take the level of his competition seriously.

Not to mention we would all finally admit he did it to duck Gus/DC.

Wouldn't be a good move.

It would be career suicide for Jones to leave the UFC.

No one, not even casual fans would take the level of his competition seriously.

Not to mention we would all finally admit he did it to duck Gus/DC.

Wouldn't be a good move.

I think it would be good for mma as a sport. Jones Is a big name and people would watch him wherever he fought.

Lawler is clearly not the same fighter as back then. If fighters / the sport stayed constant, then Phil Baroni would still be relevant taking names and banging housewives (the latter is still probably true).

Did you forget that Robbie was also a kid back then, and was doing very well in the fight until he got caught? Regardless, Diaz doesn't make it past Georges, Rory, Hendrix, or Condit "on his bike." Diaz will never be champion.

Jones won't sit out, though. It's mind games in order to get a better contract.

Lawler is clearly not the same fighter back then. If fighters / the sport stayed constant, then Phil Baroni would still be relevant taking names and banging housewives (the latter is still probably true).

Did you forget that Robbie was also a kid back then, and was doing very well in the fight until he got caught? Regardless, Diaz doesn't make it past Georges, Rory, Hendrix, or Condit "on his bike." Diaz will never be champion.

LOL at definitively losing the 1st round then getting knocked out in the 2nd as doing "very well"

diaz haters are sickening

Nick just doesn't win when he fights top WWs. Its pretty sad that you have to go back 10 years when talking about hisbest win. What WWs has Nick beat that makes anyone think he could be champ? Daley and Old Penn? LOL

I think it would be good for mma as a sport. Jones Is a big name and people would watch him wherever he fought.

Maybe for the first fight.

By the second everyone would realize he didn't have any competition.

Why is it good for the sport to have the champion not fight the best contenders? Is it good for basketball if Lebron decided to leave the nba and play in Europe instead? Is it good for football to have the the number draft pick play in arena football instead?

What's best for the sport is the best to fight the best. The only way that happens is to have them in one org.

LOL at definitively losing the 1st round then getting knocked out in the 2nd as doing "very well"

diaz haters are sickening

I'm not a Diaz hater, but its pretty sure you're a hugger, and that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. The facts still stand that 1) Nick is "retired," 2) lost his last 2 fights for the interim belt and unified belt respectively, and is in no position to strike out for another title shot.

Nick just doesn't win when he fights top WWs. Its pretty sad that you have to go back 10 years when talking about hisbest win. What WWs has Nick beat that makes anyone think he could be champ? Daley and Old Penn? LOL

This.

Also, here's to hoping Nick and Robbie rematch. For the "haters." LOL.

Are you seriously putting Nick Diaz on the same level as GSP, Jones, and Gilbert Melendez?

The guy stepped up to the big leagues, beat a fat BJ Penn, then got beat by Carlos Condit and mauled by GSP. On top of that, every wrestler in the top 10 would straight push his shit in, and Nick Diaz knows it!

No
Literally zero top 10 HW talent
Only one top 10 LHW(Jones, in this scenario)
No top 10 MW talent
Maybe a couple top 15 WWs(Shields & Toquinho)
Few top 10 LWs
Maybe 1 top 10 FW
A couple top 10 BWs
No top 10 FLWs

Numbers simply don't add up.

Back