1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

lol how the FBI arrests domestic terrorists

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JosephDredd, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

It's a perfect example of how the authors of this article lack critical reasoning ability as well an adequately sophisticated journalistic apparatus to vet that incompetence.

2. JosephDredd Gold Belt

What critical reasoning are they lacking? You're upset because they're sympathetic to someone who was targeted for pro-ISIS tweets (and only pro-ISIS tweets) in the country with the most liberal free speech laws in the world?

3. Quipling classical conservative

http://defensewiki.ibj.org/index.php/Entrapment

Actually, it is true, although apparently not for a minority of jurisdictions. The story you posted appears to have occurred in one of those, which is probably why the brought charges there.

Ed:
    I'm going to do some additional reading here. For some reason, entrapment doesn't appear to apply in terrorism cases, possibly because of some specialized federal law.

4. 5H3RD0G Silver Belt

How to appear to be a hero and create your own story? Newscasters, actors, security, etc., everybody has some kind of acting career ahead of them. :icon_lol:

5. JosephDredd Gold Belt

I'd be very interested in hearing what you learn.

6. JosephDredd Gold Belt

You just made me realize these are essentially the conspiracy theorists' "crisis actors" scenarios, except the plots have been "foiled". For a brief moment you made me wonder if those "crisis actors" conspiracy theorists are right about some of the other stuff.

Too much internet for me today. Must lie down.