LOL, Dana is not crazy about serious PED testing

Anyone who thinks Dana wants the NSAC to do stricter testing is a complete idiot. Dana doesn't want the roiders to be caught, he damn well knows that NSAC testing is a joke and he never expresses any need for better testing when asked about it. In fact, he always talks about how great their testing is because it's done by the government.

The fact is that bigger, more ripped, stronger, more explosive fighters who can recover from injuries quicker means more money for the UFC.

I guarantee once ESPN and I dare say...Fox Sports starts asking why the UFC isn't serious about cleaning its sport up, Dana will flip a switch and become an advocate for PED testing.

Anyone who thinks Dana wants the NSAC to do stricter testing is a complete idiot. Dana doesn't want the roiders to be caught, he damn well knows that NSAC testing is a joke and he never expresses any need for better testing when asked about it. In fact, he always talks about how great their testing is because it's done by the government.

The fact is that bigger, more ripped, stronger, more explosive fighters who can recover from injuries quicker means more money for the UFC.

Yeah...I don't blame him, but at some point in the future it will become an issue and someone in the media will get a hard-on about it. Dana will have to change his tune.

But he won't want to.

because dana knows one thing that is very obvious to many non biased people.

Do people honestly believe DAna and Ferritas thought Overeem was clean guy and he was telling them that he is 100 % drug free? Do you think Dana is idiot? haha Nah he knows his own sport and i'm NOT HIS FAN ,i hated him on many things but he is 100 % right.

If Usain Bolt comes out and say that he can do Vada or Wada people ridicoule him.

How the fuck he is running faster if he is clean than guys that clearly roided(got caught ) like Powell...or Ben johnson from past?

think about it, passing drug test isn't anything special these days esp if you have MONEY,sponsors, and best doctors...and if you are biggest draw can't hurt you...

Well bolt is a different body type and can reach faster speeds than they can.

I still wish they had a special Olympics where EVERYONE was on roids :|

He's right in this case. Its turned into a side show between Hendricks and GSP. Let the NSAC handle their business, and if someone fails, then address it.

No need for a pissing contest over 3rd party testing.

I agree with dana. It infers that the testing already done isn't enough amd easily beat

His comment was an opinion on a 3rd party test, not peds

Strict testing = more fighters getting caught = bad for business.

At this point I hope they make it legal to take illegal substances just so we can be spared the incessant whining of those on Sherdog that have all this time to complain about nothing.

People do realize that these tests cost money, and that it results in lower pay for fighters, right?

Or someone gets popped and the fight is cancelled or the fighter is suspended. UFC has enough problems with fighters getting injured during training camp, it would be even more of a head ache dealing with steroids in MMA.

Dana likes peds especially since it leads to more money

But if you get caught he will throw you under the bus

Strict testing = more fighters getting caught = bad for business.

that what's the Olympics, Pro Cycling and Baseball thought.

then they found out that obvious cheating and athletes getting busted by police & related agencies was even worse for business

pro cycling faced a similar situation in the early 2000's with a large number of athletes doping and a governing body that was opposed to any real anti-PED program

interestingly enough, it was individual teams which took the lead in anti-doping measures. for example, CSC instituted their own independent testing program (the team paid for the program but it was run by outside experts who reported positives directly to the governing body and the public, not team management). with the help of Garmin-Sharp and other like minded teams, that set the basic structure for the current Blood Passport system which, while not perfect, is likely the gold standard in sports today

So voluntary programs can be the catalyst for improvements in anti-PED programs.

Finally, smart guys like GSP have figured out that he is going to increase his marketability and therefore his earning potential by cementing his reputation as a clean athlete. Since the UFC and the Commissions aren't all that interested, he has made a smart investment in his own brand by adopting an independent, voluntary testing program (that is not to say that this is the only reason why GSP is doing it nor am I making any judgment to whether he is clean or not)

Back