LOL, Dana is not crazy about serious PED testing

georgwilhelm**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/google-hangout-with-dana-white-090913

from 22:00 on

"NSAC is enough, I don't like it when guys do this, both loom stupid, they're gonna be tested anyway..."

Dana is really against voluntary further testing! Obviously, he prefers it if people are tested only at a minimum and can roid up during their camps. I think his knee jerk comment and that he doesn't take a stronger stance in support of GSP looks really bad on the UFC.

I agree with Dana, unofficial 3rd party testing muddies the water. Either make it official or don't, but either way, it's not his responsibility.

I like to rip on Dana as much as the next guy, but I'll defend Dana here. He's against ridiculous unofficial 3rd-party testing. It's not like he's against the style of testing that is stronger/more intensive.

That makes sense. If someone fails one of these 3rd party tests but passes the official test that makes the whole system look bad.

So Olympic style testing is "unofficial" and especially "RIDICULOUS"???

People do realize that these tests cost money, and that it results in lower pay for fighters, right?

images

The Just Bleed Gods will be pleased. Now all we need is to get rid of what testing is done, and finally true sacrifices can be made...

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/google-hangout-with-dana-white-090913

from 22:00 on

"NSAC is enough, I don't like it when guys do this, both loom stupid, they're gonna be tested anyway..."

Dana is really against voluntary further testing! Obviously, he prefers it if people are tested only at a minimum and can roid up during their camps. I think his knee jerk comment and that he doesn't take a stronger stance in support of GSP looks really bad on the UFC.

Cue the "Dana White is hiding something" crowd even though there are few if any sports organizations that are actively pursuing more stringent testing.

You think Roger Goddell or David Stern are pressuring for more stringent drug testing? PPfftt..

If I were a fighter, I would do the bare minimum amount of testing to reduce the risk of something going wrong.

"Do you really think the NFL would bust of their big stars for roids? Come on" - Dana White

That makes sense. If someone fails one of these 3rd party tests but passes the official test that makes the whole system look bad.

Exactly. It starts getting a little contentious when third party "unsanctioned" bodies can potentially sway reality and opinion.

because dana knows one thing that is very obvious to many non biased people.

Do people honestly believe DAna and Ferritas thought Overeem was clean guy and he was telling them that he is 100 % drug free? Do you think Dana is idiot? haha Nah he knows his own sport and i'm NOT HIS FAN ,i hated him on many things but he is 100 % right.

If Usain Bolt comes out and say that he can do Vada or Wada people ridicoule him.

How the fuck he is running faster if he is clean than guys that clearly roided(got caught ) like Powell...or Ben johnson from past?

think about it, passing drug test isn't anything special these days esp if you have MONEY,sponsors, and best doctors...and if you are biggest draw can't hurt you...

Extra testing is pointless cause if you have the money for tests, you probably have the money to pass them.

because dana knows one thing that is very obvious to many non biased people.

Do people honestly believe DAna and Ferritas thought Overeem was clean guy and he was telling them that he is 100 % drug free? Do you think Dana is idiot? haha Nah he knows his own sport and i'm NOT HIS FAN ,i hated him on many things but he is 100 % right.

If Usain Bolt comes out and say that he can do Vada or Wada people ridicoule him.

How the fuck he is running faster if he is clean than guys that clearly roided(got caught ) like Powell...or Ben johnson from past?

think about it, passing drug test isn't anything special these days esp if you have MONEY,sponsors, and best doctors...and if you are biggest draw can't hurt you...

Bolt is barely tested, he wasn't tested for five months before London 2012. The Jamaican anti-doping agency are the most corrupt national anti- doping agency out there.

The tests work but more for minimising use rather than ruling it out.

Dana's attitude to PED's was obvious when he signed Barnett.

Better testing would result in more guys being caught and suspended, which would be bad for business. It's a no brainier as to why Dana isn't a fan of VADA. Conflict of interest.

Bolt is barely tested, he wasn't tested for five months before London 2012. The Jamaican anti-doping agency are the most corrupt national anti- doping agency out there.

The tests work but more for minimising use rather than ruling it out.

Dana's attitude to PED's was obvious when he signed Barnett.

he still passed Olympics drug tests, also prof of Jamaican Anti doping agency being shady?

Few jamaican sprinters got DQ before Moscow...

I bet USADA is corrupt too ,not even talking about China Antidpoing agency...

WADA is probably lightyears ahead of NSAC commission level testing

So Olympic style testing is "unofficial" and especially "RIDICULOUS"???

It is unofficial because they have no actual sway over who gets to fight and who doesn't. They are not a sanctioning body. So failing one of their tests would look bad for the fighter, but wouldn't prohibit them from fighting. That would make the UFC and whatever state athletic commission look stupid, especially if the fighter went on to pass the official tests. That is what makes the whole thing ridiculous.

Back