lol borth Boetsch and Palhares broke there feet against Lombard

Ahhhh ok, we'll just listen to your oh-so-great opinion on fights instead of looking at stats.

Stats might not be good all of the time, but in a fight where one or two major things happens all fight, they become quite useful.

Tim outstruck him all night because Lombard just stood there, he had one takedown and a nice body kick but a combined 20 seconds doesn't win you a fight.

fightmetric stats are a joke lol stop using them as an example because you yourself is becoming a joke.

I'm not ignoring the stat. I said it isn't the sole variable. Because it's not. No. It's not. And it's not because this isn't basketball. You don't simply say one guy scored 87 strikes to his opponent's 85 and declare the guy with 87 to be the winner.

Stats are just one variable that is examined. That's all I'm saying.

I totally agree, but in a fight whre there was little action whatsoever the list of variables is considerably shortened. I just don't think that Lombard's 20-30 seconds of a takedown or two and a liver kick were enough to win him the fight.

Last edited:
Ahhhh ok, we'll just listen to your oh-so-great opinion on fights instead of looking at stats.

Stats might not be good all of the time, but in a fight where one or two major things happens all fight, they become quite useful.

Tim outstruck him all night because Lombard just stood there, he had one takedown and a nice body kick but a combined 20 seconds doesn't win you a fight.

cant remember exactly but he had way more than 1 take down think it was 4

fightmetric stats are a joke lol stop using them as an example because you yourself is becoming a joke.

Oh the irony.

I post something meaningful while you call people a joke and that they're blind etc.

I'm not ignoring the stat. I said it isn't the sole variable. Because it's not. No. It's not. And it's not because this isn't basketball. You don't simply say one guy scored 87 strikes to his opponent's 85 and declare the guy with 87 to be the winner.

Stats are just one variable that is examined. That's all I'm saying.

Luckily, you won't ever catch me arguing that 87-85 is a clear win for a guy who landed 87 strikes. But 87-85 is a bit different than 54-26.

cant remember exactly but he had way more than 1 take down think it was 4

No. Lombard had 2 takedowns the entire fight.

Funny how you tell people to watch the fight, and then don't even know what happened. Keep hugging those nuts, buddy.

I totally agree, but in a fight whre there was little action whatsoever the list of variables is considerable shortened. I just don't think that Lombard 20-30 seconds of a takedown or two and a liver kick were enough to win him the fight.

And that's a decent opinion. I was just trying to get Whiskey to make a rational point (debatable point or not), instead of doing what he was doing - not making a good point.

No. Lombard had 2 takedowns the entire fight.

Funny how you tell people to watch the fight, and then don't even know what happened. Keep hugging those nuts, buddy.

well if im wrong my bad just read somewhere earlier that tim had 7 td attempts and got them all stuffed and lombard had 4 and got all of them. ill watch the fight again.

Cant wait to see hector back in action.
First fight was just terrible, I know he can do great things in middleweight he has a shot at anyone not named Anderson Silva IMO.

And that's a decent opinion. I was just trying to get Whiskey to make a rational point (debatable point or not), instead of doing what he was doing - not making a good point.

Funny how I made the exact same point as he did. :/

Luckily, you won't ever catch me arguing that 87-85 is a clear win for a guy who landed 87 strikes. But 87-85 is a bit different than 54-26.

You're still not getting it.

Not all strikes are equal, that's why if you want to look at the fight you should examine all aspects and try to be able to argue not just quantitatively with numbers, but also qualitatively with arguments based upon what actually took place.

Pretending that all strikes are created equal, is something that judges don't do. I could punch someone like Hunt or Fedor a thousand times and not do the damage they could inflict on me on just one good punch or kick. Because not all stats are equal... Falling on stats to argue shows you're not able to argue any other criteria.

Funny how I made the exact same point as he did. :/

Addressed to me?

When?

I chimed in right about the time you brought up stats, and had someone say all the leg kicks weren't doing all that much, and you just walked away from it, and we've been here since.

Not all strikes are equal, that's why if you want to look at the fight you should examine all aspects and try to be able to argue not just quantitatively with numbers, but also qualitatively with arguments based upon what actually took place.

Pretending that all strikes are created equal, is something that judges don't do. I could punch someone like Hunt or Fedor a thousand times and not do the damage they could inflict on me on just one good punch or kick. Because not all stats are equal... Falling on stats to argue shows you're not able to argue any other criteria.

Addressed to me?

This..

dunno what the hell fightmetric were thinking when they scored this fight, they had it:

Boetsch: Total Strikes - 57 (54 significant)
Lombard: Total Strikes - 47 (26 Significant)

I just watched the fight again & counted every strike that landed (even if it were low impact) & was probably overly generous to both fighters, but this is how I saw it.

Boetsch: Total strikes

Total: 54

Lombard: Total Strikes

20 + 1 TD
11 + 1 TD

Total: 60 (2 TD's)

It would be interesting to see how everyone else scored it, but I thought it was unfair that most laid the blame solely on Lombard for it being a non-eventful fight, when it was Boetsch who wouldn't fight, every time they would exchange Boetsch ended up backing out & running away, kind of like Guida Maynard Only Lombard didn't go running after him, & I'm surprised Rogan & White both thought Boetsch won, when clearly Lombard landed more significant strikes, did more damage, & got more take-downs.

just read someone elses thread pretty much sums it up

Addressed to me?

When?

I chimed in right about the time you brought up stats, and had someone say all the leg kicks weren't doing all that much, and you just walked away from it, and we've been here since.

I never said all strikes were created equal. Not once. Do me a favor and find where I said that. But if a guy lands twice as many significant strikes in a fight where little else happens, I will score the fight for him. So will the judges. So will most rational people. Lombard shows control for under two total minutes of the fight. Otherwise, the fight was standing, and Boetsch landed twice as many significant strikes. Winning all but two minutes in a fight that goes to a decision? Yeah, I'll score it for that guy.

I never said all strikes were created equal. Not once. Do me a favor and find where I said that. But if a guy lands twice as many significant strikes in a fight where little else happens, I will score the fight for him. So will the judges. So will most rational people. Lombard shows control for under two total minutes of the fight. Otherwise, the fight was standing, and Boetsch landed twice as many significant strikes. Winning all but two minutes in a fight that goes to a decision? Yeah, I'll score it for that guy.

0 significant for tim

dunno what the hell fightmetric were thinking when they scored this fight, they had it:

Boetsch: Total Strikes - 57 (54 significant)
Lombard: Total Strikes - 47 (26 Significant)

I just watched the fight again & counted every strike that landed (even if it were low impact) & was probably overly generous to both fighters, but this is how I saw it.

Boetsch: Total strikes

Total: 54

Lombard: Total Strikes

20 + 1 TD
11 + 1 TD

Total: 60 (2 TD's)

It would be interesting to see how everyone else scored it, but I thought it was unfair that most laid the blame solely on Lombard for it being a non-eventful fight, when it was Boetsch who wouldn't fight, every time they would exchange Boetsch ended up backing out & running away, kind of like Guida Maynard Only Lombard didn't go running after him, & I'm surprised Rogan & White both thought Boetsch won, when clearly Lombard landed more significant strikes, did more damage, & got more take-downs.

just read someone elses thread pretty much sums it up

I love how you used a post with numbers that clearly shows the significant strike deficiency.

BBMN is trying to say all strikes aren't created equal. Absolutely, and that shows. 57-47 was the total strike count, in Boetsch's favor. Except, of Boetsch's 57 strikes, Fight Metric judged 54 of them significant, while Lombard only landed 26 significant strikes, out of 47 total.

All strikes are not created equal. That shows in the stats. That is why they show total strikes versus significant strikes.

I love how you used a post with numbers that clearly shows the significant strike deficiency.

BBMN is trying to say all strikes aren't created equal. Absolutely, and that shows. 57-47 was the total strike count, in Boetsch's favor. Except, of Boetsch's 57 strikes, Fight Metric judged 54 of them significant, while Lombard only landed 26 significant strikes, out of 47 total.

All strikes are not created equal. That shows in the stats. That is why they show total strikes versus significant strikes.

lombards strikes were significant tims weren't simple

Back