lol at Vince McMahon wrestling during the 90s and early 2000s in his own org

Well feel free to provide a counter argument. I think the dumbest thing I've seen here was a grown man posting about how excited he was to watch Girl Meets World.
giphy.gif

girl meets world is an excellent show of the highest quality. I will take that denigration as a personal attack on me and my character.

having to explain why vince is a great promoter in a wrestling forum would be like explaining why Phil jackson is a great coach in a basketball forum. And sure vince has had some big misses, but overall his skills as a promoter has made him so successful - the most successful - in this biZ. I’ll just say watch wrestlemania 1.

I could make counterpoints to all the other shit but I don’t want a big back and forth. This is a dave meltzer like smear of Vince. You say he signs big talent away to keep them away from other orgs but 1) there is always big talent not signed with wwe 2) other orgs can make their own talent. Look at what happened in 97 - vince got a taste of his own medicine as many of his biggest names went to wcw. Then he went on to have one of the most successful runs the wwe has had. The man is coming up on four decades of success in the business. And he has gone up against wrestling businesses that have had bigger wallets - turner, panda energy, now that weird dude that has a mortal Kombat last name that owns aew

but I get it you’re not gonna give vince credit because for whatever reason you are a hater.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

girl meets world is an excellent show of the highest quality. I will take that denigration as a personal attack on me and my character.

having to explain why vince is a great promoter in a wrestling forum would be like explaining why Phil jackson is a great coach in a basketball forum. And sure vince has had some big misses, but overall his skills as a promoter has made him so successful - the most successful - in this biZ. I’ll just say watch wrestlemania 1.

I could make counterpoints to all the other shit but I don’t want a big back and forth. This is a dave meltzer like smear of Vince. You say he signs big talent away to keep them away from other orgs but 1) there is always big talent not signed with wwe 2) other orgs can make their own talent. Look at what happened in 97 - vince got a taste of his own medicine as many of his biggest names went to wcw. Then he went on to have one of the most successful runs the wwe has had. The man is coming up on four decades of success in the business. And he has gone up against wrestling businesses that have had bigger wallets - turner, panda energy, now that weird dude that has a mortal Kombat last name that owns aew

but I get it you’re not gonna give vince credit because for whatever reason you are a hater.
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist! I've honestly given Vince a lot of credit in this thread. He's a hell of a performer and has made more money than anyone else in the history of the business, at the end of the day that's what it's about and he's undoubtedly the greatest of all time there.

It's not so much a Meltzer smear as a it is a Jim Cornette rant. The guy isn't in the wrestling business, he sells "sports entertainment" to corporate shareholders. You're not even allowed to say wrestling or call yourself a wrestler in that company.

I won't go back and forth with you either. We'll have to agree to disagree on a lot of this, and that's fine. I really don't feel strongly enough to hold anger over semantics lol. I'm sorry for ribbing you about Girl Meets World, I respect your lack of fucks given. I've been geeking out over Johnny Tsunami and Brink lately on Disney+ so I have no right to judge.

Late 90s early 00s wrestling was the best wrestling there ever is, was and will be, miss me with that 80s shit lmao.
Wrestling nowadays is unbearably bad, WWE is a slave to their sponsors.

Late 90s early 00s wrestling was the best wrestling there ever is, was and will be, miss me with that 80s shit lmao.
Wrestling nowadays is unbearably bad, WWE is a slave to their sponsors.
Yes and no. WWE is hot garbage right now but New Japan currently has some of the best wrestling ever. I'd say it's like a more Western take of 90's All Japan. WWE's developmental brand NXT and NXT UK are both pretty good too, though NXT was better a couple years ago, it's still got some solid stuff and has storytelling that moves forward and actually matters.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist! I've honestly given Vince a lot of credit in this thread. He's a hell of a performer and has made more money than anyone else in the history of the business, at the end of the day that's what it's about and he's undoubtedly the greatest of all time there.

It's not so much a Meltzer smear as a it is a Jim Cornette rant. The guy isn't in the wrestling business, he sells "sports entertainment" to corporate shareholders. You're not even allowed to say wrestling or call yourself a wrestler in that company.

I won't go back and forth with you either. We'll have to agree to disagree on a lot of this, and that's fine. I really don't feel strongly enough to hold anger over semantics lol. I'm sorry for ribbing you about Girl Meets World, I respect your lack of fucks given. I've been geeking out over Johnny Tsunami and Brink lately on Disney+ so I have no right to judge.
giphy.gif

I see what you are saying now. Yes he definitely puts wwe public (or at least shareholder/ corporate) image at a higher priority than the quality of product. And the older he gets the more out of touch he gets.

Vince McMahon gets alot of shit for the bad mistakes he's made in the nearly 40 years he's ran WWE, and most of it is justified.

But most execs of multi-million to billion dollar companies have a laundry list of bad moral choices, but Vince's are spread over a four decade stretch.

One of the reasons I give him a break on some of it is because he had the balls to go out there and perform with his employees in front of the crowd. Most entertainment execs would shutter at the thought.

Vince McMahon once called Frank Shamrock a midget to his face and said he'd "take him".

Vince McMahon gets alot of shit for the bad mistakes he's made in the nearly 40 years he's ran WWE, and most of it is justified.

But most execs of multi-million to billion dollar companies have a laundry list of bad moral choices, but Vince's are spread over a four decade stretch.

One of the reasons I give him a break on some of it is because he had the balls to go out there and perform with his employees in front of the crowd. Most entertainment execs would shutter at the thought.

Vince made self offerings to JUST BLEED God for our entertainment.

He was most devout until he banned Blood on his shows, now he's a godless heathen.

I remember when Beyond the Mat came out and the narrator said that the WWE was worth more than the Yankees, Mets and I believe the Rangers combined. Not sure what those franchises were worth back then but would be interesting if that were truth.

It was actually the Mets, Rangers and Knicks. No Yankees. Still impressive nonetheless.

Back