lol at Vince McMahon wrestling during the 90s and early 2000s in his own org

Thats nothing bro. Vince Russo literally put the WCW on his shoulders and tried to carry that dying company. Vince Mcmahon wishes he had half the cojones as Russo bro.
maxresdefault.jpg

@Bang Bang @John Mabrey @flashNsmash @Javelina

AGREED

jopZeVK.gif

You're forgetting Mysterio who sold a ton of merch. Bret actually wasn't too profitable, though easily one of the best workers of his era.

Vince 100% has a bias towards big jacked dudes, he would never have trusted Mick to carry the company. With multiple gimmicks though, he could have sold his fair share of merch and had people interested in watching.

Vince goes with what he thinks will sell, even if that doesn't match up with what is selling at the moment. Which is how you get shit like him desperately shoving Roman Reigns down everyone's throat and turning people away, or the cartoony gimmicks of the early 90's. He struck gold in the Attitude Era but I think in the long run he's shown to not be so great at making profitable stars himself. An aggressive businessman who has had a lot of luck along the way.
Well, we can’t say as much for other promoters such as Heyman, Dixie Carter, even Bischoff. Only Vince has created movie stars, football leagues, and continuously packs in 70K+ seat stadiums for his WrestleMania events! I think that type of success takes a tad bit more than just luck.

Well, we can’t say as much for other promoters such as Heyman, Dixie Carter, even Bischoff. Only Vince has created movie stars, football leagues, and continuously packs in 70K+ seat stadiums for his WrestleMania events! I think that type of success takes a tad bit more than just luck.
Well neither football league made it out of the first season, the guys who were successful in Hollywood were only successful after leaving the company, and I guess you got me on the WrestleManias selling out.

He went national and made an aggressive move to monopolize the industry when the different territories agreed to work together. Between that and inheriting one of the most profitable territories in the country, he had a pretty big leg up on the competition.

It depends on what metrics you measure success by, as a businessman he's done amazing, as a wrestling promoter he's kind of terrible. Wrestling is odd in that your success is dependent on your opponent working with you, but there's this extremely competitive atmosphere to get ahead. Vince lost the first part of that and made up for it with the latter half, signing top talent just to put them on the shelves out of reach of competition.

That video of him blowing out his quads gets me every single time.

You know the funniest thing about that? My take on it is that they tried to copy what happened during Pride Final Conflict 2004 when Fedor and Big Nog clashed heads and the refs/officials were puzzled on how to go about things.

...as a businessman he's done amazing, as a wrestling promoter he's kind of terrible.
Well, I don't know what other wrestling promoter has lasted THIS long. And, although, he's generating silly-ass Diva shows now, wrestling is still his bread and butter.

It depends on what metrics you measure success by, as a businessman he's done amazing, as a wrestling promoter he's kind of terrible.

{<huh}

His business is wrestling promotion. If anything, it's the opposite, as he's had some terrible business endeavors, like the WBF, and XFL.

eo5-AY.gif

tenor.gif

Bork getting cucked by Vinny, not even Dana can get away with that.

rY8WZd.gif

Pretty sure Brock snagged Sable from Vince and Mero, either way Vince now coughs up cash for Brock to work a light schedule when ratings suck, so Brock has played both Vince and Dana in the end and has my respect.

Shane was definitely the craziest, but man, that bump Vince took on the announce table at "Valentines Day Massacre" PPV still makes me wince. That had to have felt like landing squarely on the top of a guard rail. Man, that was an ugly bump.
I was at a Vengeance PPV and saw Vince wrestle Zach Gowen, and Vince delivered one of the nastiest blade jobs I’ve seen. Fucker bled everywhere. He’ll never be confused with Shawn Michaels in the ring, but Vince wasn’t afraid to bump or blade.

I was at a Vengeance PPV and saw Vince wrestle Zach Gowen, and Vince delivered one of the nastiest blade jobs I’ve seen. Fucker bled everywhere. He’ll never be confused with Shawn Michaels in the ring, but Vince wasn’t afraid to bump or blade.

Yeah, they were all pretty fearless. Even Steph would do what she could to make the match entertaining. You certainly can't accuse the McMahon's of being a bunch of suits who never got their hands dirty, that's for sure.

Yeah, they were all pretty fearless. Even Steph would do what she could to make the match entertaining. You certainly can't accuse the McMahon's of being a bunch of suits who never got their hands dirty, that's for sure.
She took a spear from a 260 lb man as a 40 year old mother of 3

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6a473649434757564a31707057513d3d2d3235383437313635322e313435303135656634623935613463622e676966

He protected her very well but it’s still a damn spear

Yeah Shane got some balls taking some of his bumps that's for sure

9da2da59abeb367df0363bc858accdf737bc1402-hq.gif
Shane asking Kurt to do it a few more times after the glass didn't break was really nuts. Kurt was like "Ummm, I don't want to be the one to kill the boss's son." but he ended up respecting the hell out of Shane after that match.

That video of him blowing out his quads gets me every single time.
JR's commentary of it was hilarious too sounding generally surprised. . "AND.....AND....THE CHAIRMAN IS SITTING IN THE RING!?!"

A combination of agony and embarrassment, crazy Cena didn't get in big trouble because of it.
Who was actually supposed to win and where they both supposed to go over the top rope but with one clearly landing first or something?

Well neither football league made it out of the first season, the guys who were successful in Hollywood were only successful after leaving the company, and I guess you got me on the WrestleManias selling out.

He went national and made an aggressive move to monopolize the industry when the different territories agreed to work together. Between that and inheriting one of the most profitable territories in the country, he had a pretty big leg up on the competition.

It depends on what metrics you measure success by, as a businessman he's done amazing, as a wrestling promoter he's kind of terrible. Wrestling is odd in that your success is dependent on your opponent working with you, but there's this extremely competitive atmosphere to get ahead. Vince lost the first part of that and made up for it with the latter half, signing top talent just to put them on the shelves out of reach of competition.
Lol one of the dumbest things I’ve seen here

Lol one of the dumbest things I’ve seen here
Well feel free to provide a counter argument. I think the dumbest thing I've seen here was a grown man posting about how excited he was to watch Girl Meets World.

I saw Vince catch his neck on the ropes once bad when China threw him out of the ring

Back