Lol at the idea of Conor coming into the hematch with "more efficient energy" expenditure...

Jkaylor

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
If he tries to pace himself that's practically bending over for Nate. The only reason he did well in the first round of the first fight (besides Nate's 10 day Cabo tequila camp obv) was because he didn't stop throwing bombs and didn't give Nate much chance to breathe or mount his attack.
We've already seen that Nate can take ALL of Conor's best shots and keep going. What do you think is gonna happen if Conor throws less punches? Lol.

Nate bless you all and forgive the Conor fan boys, they know not what they do

I heard that.

You don't get that Diaz gas tank in a few months.

They are among the VERY elite at stamina/gas.

I don't like Conor's antics and the fact that he didn't defend his strap in such a long time.

That said, he is talented and fun to watch. I think he'll be much better off in the hematch because now he knows he can't just KO Nate like some chump. Heck, now he knows he can't even knockdown Nate with two or three punches. So now Conor is going to pick his shots and not burn himself out.

I think it's not impossible for Conor to win a boring, uneventful decision.

Technically speaking, I doubt the fight will go the distance and really don't know who will win. I'm rooting for Nate but truth be told, his style is predictable and I doubt he'll make any big changes for the hematch whereas Conor will in fact take his time.

I hope Nate submits him again after peppering his face with 1-2's.

Gotta use a Bendo approach or RDA approach.

Fuckin miss me Smooth Henderon

Conor's definitely going to pace himself this time around and pick his shots. In the first fight, he was arrogantly and inefficiently swinging away. This time, I believe he becomes more selective, moves in and out, and frustrates Nate until the opening arrives. It'll come sooner our later, because Conor is a sniper when it comes to that vicious overhand left.

Nate by sub R2.

So let me get this right. He throws a little each round instead of alot the first round?

He isn't big enough or wrestling based to wrestlefuck Nate.
He will need to slow Nate with leg kicks and move around to avoid prolonged striking exchanges.
That to me is his only path to victory.
Basically beat Nate the same way Condit beat Nick.

Guys, if Conor plans on slowing down and picking his shots more do you think Nate will oblige him and keep a slower pace?
No. Nate gonna Nate and throw non-stop.

Also, Conor picked his shots extremely well in the first fight. He was landing clean A LOT. He doesn't need to pick his shots better, he needs to be able to keep it up for 5 full rounds and THAT ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:
He'll probably rely on Diaz coming to him this time and pick his shots more carefully only problem is Diaz will pick him apart from the outside so he'll be forced to either move around or throw something anyway. The RDA/Bendo strategy worked great against Diaz but those guys had good wrestling and solid leg kicks and Conor has neither.

why cant he be more efficient? he sprinted full power in the first fight. now, he's gonna cross country speed with Nate and demonstrate the true power of his Celtic Warrior Genetics.

I was saying that right after the fight when Conor started with that efficiency talk. Conor fought the way he needed to in order to have any success or chance for winning. Conor was blowing his shit trying desperately to win every striking exchange in the first. If Conor tries to pace himself Nate starts connecting earlier and finishes him just as fast while taking less damage. Simple fact is Nate can hurt Conor and Conor can't hurt Nate.

I don't like Conor's antics and the fact that he didn't defend his strap in such a long time.

That said, he is talented and fun to watch. I think he'll be much better off in the hematch because now he knows he can't just KO Nate like some chump. Heck, now he knows he can't even knockdown Nate with two or three punches. So now Conor is going to pick his shots and not burn himself out.

I think it's not impossible for Conor to win a boring, uneventful decision.

Technically speaking, I doubt the fight will go the distance and really don't know who will win. I'm rooting for Nate but truth be told, his style is predictable and I doubt he'll make any big changes for the hematch whereas Conor will in fact take his time.

I hope Nate submits him again after peppering his face with 1-2's.

I see no way Conor wins a decision. He's a power puncher. Being more economical will help his cardio, but not much else.

Meanwhile, if Conor is throwing less punches, you better believe that Nate will be throwing more.

nate can be beat standing, just not by conor.
Based on 1 fight? Conor was lighting him up. If that is prolonged nate is done.

Full camp Nate is nothing. That full camp nate got smashed by hendo and RDA. "But he trains with ward" - well if he trains with him you'd think he'd have more than a basic 1-2.

why cant he be more efficient? he sprinted full power in the first fight. now, he's gonna cross country speed with Nate and demonstrate the true power of his Celtic Warrior Genetics.
Did you even read my post at all?

Back