Lol at people overrating Silva for surviving 3 rounds against Adesanya.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Fesaine, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Bjjpitbull8

Bjjpitbull8 Black Belt

[​IMG]
    Oh yea, middleweight is completely stacked at the moment.

TheSpider and 90 50 like this.
  2. VVarhead

VVarhead Bullet Belt

"Adesanya almost rocked Anderson" is one of the most unintentionally funny quotes I've ever heard on here, especially because it came from someone who actually wanted to diminish Silva and hype Adesanya.

Congrats, you're the first guy to ever make it into my signature because you confirmed just how good Anderson is at over 44 years of age.

3. Perrichet

Perrichet Fuck Boris

Too bad prime Anderson already had his chance vs Weidman which he ended up getting destroyed back to back

Parapikoo likes this.
  4. Hirashin

Hirashin World class striking

So casuals think its better to get KOd twice in 2 rounds than to go the distance and win a round.

5. Parapikoo

Parapikoo White Belt

lol anderson wouldnt be able to hold on to the belt for long too if the MW division at that time was as strong as now.

6. Parapikoo

Parapikoo White Belt

Certainly more stacked than the time when the likes of Thales Leites and Patrick Cote can fight for the belt lol

Perrichet likes this.
  7. Bjjpitbull8

Bjjpitbull8 Black Belt

Prime Henderson, prime Vitor, Okami, Franklin, Chanel, Forrest Griffin, Marquardt, and Maia would all be successful in today’s division. Only people who didn’t live in that era don’t think so.

The only thing that matters is, that Silva would run through the division with ease today. The only person Silva in his prime loses to would be Jon Jones.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  8. mmaElite53

mmaElite53 Purple Belt

Uhh prime??

9. GordonMMARamsey

GordonMMARamsey Black Belt

When would you say his "prime" ended? Was it in 2012 when he finished Bonnar in a round? Early in 2012 when he wrecked Sonnen in their rematch? Was he no longer in his prime when he destroyed Okami? At what point did it end because apparently it was over by 2013 when he fought Weidman. obviously he was getting older, and had lost it a bit - but when would you say that "prime" ended?

10. Tyr XIII

Tyr XIII Real Pain To My Sham Friends

Silva is overrated.
    best counter striker ever, but on steroids.

GSP and Fedor GOAT

ThunderStruck likes this.
  11. icffedor

icffedor Blue Belt

Lol it took how long before andy finally lost out if his prime? Anderson had some of the best fights and knockouts during his run, how long did weidmans run last? Silva is GOAT but haters gonna hate

Bjjpitbull8 likes this.
  12. Nobru

Nobru Green Belt

When they fought AS was almost 40. How is that prime for a striker, you tell me.
    Power energy and reflexes fading. Sometimes a wrestler can age better, as he depends less on reflexes and more on durability
    But hey, maybe Im wrong, since your boy weidman is getting lit by everyone, so you should know better. By The way, hes what, 34 now?
    Gtfo

13. orca

orca P4P #1 Machida fan

Lol adesanya didnt even look like a killer against andy

Why use the "survive" word?

14. POWER2

POWER2 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

That's not happening at all. Anderson fans don't need to brag about performance in a fight where he lost. When they can brag about all the fights that he won.

This thread is fake news. Or for retards. Can't tell which.

Bjjpitbull8 likes this.
  15. Perrichet

Perrichet Fuck Boris

How is that for a prime striker while like roided? Who knows.

There was no talk of him being out of his prime prior to the first Chris fight. Chris ruined him in every way.

16. bjpenngoat

bjpenngoat Red Belt

Didn't he lose the second one to a gruesome injury? I wouldn't say Anderson got destroyed in that one. Who knows what would have happened had his leg not snapped but its kind of disingenuous to claim he got schooled in the 2nd fight. Did Anderson get schooled in the cannonier fight then?

17. Nobru

Nobru Green Belt

I dont know, all these elite guys were on roids, so its tough to figure how they would do without them.
    Chris ruined him in every way? Lol wtf you saying

AS lost a lot of rounds even in his best run but always managed to come back and win

He did his normal clowning but his reflexes were not fast as usual. Then he kicked and broke his leg. That aint dominance.

Prime AS would have clowned this bum for as much as he wanted to, but we wont see it of course. We saw a lot of less skilled guys do it though. Lol weidman

18. Fight To Win

Fight To Win Silver Belt

And most likely while roiding.

19. Entram

Entram It's only gay if you make eye contact.

Lol @ people underestimating Silva because they started watching 6 months ago.

20. FutureMMAFighter

FutureMMAFighter FutureUFCfighter

I'd beat Izzy tbh. I'm faster than Rob. I have more pop. More explosive and speed in my hands. Tbh I thought the blitz would work considering Rob and I have the same height and reach. Like when Fedor Ko'd a much taller and longer, Brett Rogers. It was a explosive, unpredictable lung, slight blitz attack right hand. I thought that was the key. To blitz like Rob did, or like he did with Hall in the 1st round with that blitz/superman punch. But for some reason he couldnt? It was to predictable. I think he had to wait for Izzy to initiate, and like Machida does or Fedor did with Rogers.

As soon as you see the slight twitch in his pectorus muscle, you launch your own blitz right hand straight and catch him. I really believe I am much faster in the hand speed than Rob and have more power. Rob has fast feet, hands? Eh