Lol at guys like Ngannou in private jets with half million $ wacthes complaining about fighter pay

he could have wisely invested his money but blew it on watches and cars. poor francis
I don't know for sure, but certain watches and cars don't depreciate in value much, if at all. Some actually appreciate. And we don't know what investments he made. Or how much he's made. It's hard to say for sure.

MMA will never be boxing.

If youre not special, youre not getting rich.

Francis is not special.

Work construction or drive a truck if you don't like fighter pay...plenty of overtime available there.
He's not special? He's a relatively young heavyweight with crazy KO power, an ideal physique and look and very marketable. You're fucking crazy. They wouldn't have pushed him so hard if they didn't think he was special. There's literally no other fighter in the UFC like him. Black Beast has the power and is a fan favorite but is too flawed and inconsistent.

Didn't he end up taking home like $1.2m total for the Stipe fight after PPV sales?
How much do these guys think they're worth. You chose to be a fist fighter in a niche sport.

He's 35... And his life wasn't exactly easy growing up. He aint that young.
Relatively young heavyweight. 45 year old fat Fedor just brutally kayoed the #1 ranked heavyweight in Bellator. He's a young 35 in an old division. He's in fucking great shape. And he relies on power and strength rather than speed and explosiveness, which is the first to go, while the former is the last to go. It's like Tom Brady vs Lamar Jackson. Brady can play until 50 if Gisele lets him because the qualities he has ages well. Due to his style, Lamar might be done, figuratively if not literally, before Brady retires. He's potentially one big hit away from disaster while scrambling. It effectively ended Bo Jackson's career.

Shitttt if I was rich I'd still want to drive a jalopy...

its not about what he makes, its about his potential earnings. If you had the option of fighting twice a year for 400k or could be lucrative and fights once a year for 1Mil+

This sport is brutal and hard on your body. The Dana's of the world will continue to make money after the fighters are done. Get while you can with no apologies.

they are running every day actually, a lot of them go by that motto.

Yeh, and a lot don't do that sort of training regime either.

Johnny Hendricks and Hendo were both champion level fighters who somehow got fat as shit in between fight camps. Those guys and plenty like them weren't running 10 kms every day outside of camp. Lots of them probably weren't even doing it during camp.

An emphasis on running is going to occur the lower the divisions, where you need very good cardio just to compete at any decent level.

This is the type of post that doesn't follow any logic. The issue is how much he's
worth as a fighter, not what he chooses to spend his money on. How do you know
that the stuff you mentioned wasn't comped? I'm sure most of it was.

Agree with OP. These fighters are complaining but they make millions whilst 99.9% of people are slaving away all year in jobs they pretty much hate.
I guess when people (rightfully) criticise fighter pay, is for fighters (lots of females) with legit low pay, like getting paid a couple grands per fight.
That's legit terrible. But fighters like Ngannou being literally shipped from Africa and paid millions don't have the right to say shit.

This is why you gotta buy a reasonable car. Like Brunson

Clint Eastwood drives an old Ford pickup, and is worth 200 times what Ngannou is worth.

It's the difference between being insecure, and really not that much, and being completely confident, knowing you have all that money.

I remember an article in GQ, talking about all these "young Hollywood actors/actresses" demanding to be helicoptered-in to certain movie sites ... to make themselves "feel important"… while good old Clint just showed up in his old pickup, and drove himself, with zero pretentiousness.

Clint Eastwood drives an old Ford pickup, and is worth 200 times what Ngannou is worth.

It's the difference between being insecure, and really not that much, and being completely confident, knowing you have all that money.

I remember an article in GQ, talking about all these "young Hollywood actors/actresses" demanding to be helicoptered-in to certain movie sites ... to make themselves "feel important"… while good old Clint just showed up in his old pickup, and drove himself, with zero pretentiousness.

Only truly rich men can afford to dress like bums. ;)

I don't really get these fighters, they should be so thankful to make millions while punching someone for 5 minutes as a job lol. So what if some top boxer makes more? Nobody is forcing you to do mma, go and box then.

It's like me complaining to my boss that Jeff Bezos makes more and that's why i need a salary increase lol. Most UFC fighters make more in one 15min fight than many people their whole life and they still complain after signing a contract.It's unbelievable...
They are forced to do mma. its part of the contract.

bezos likely owns shares he probably doesnt have a high salary.

its called entertainment. they are literally getting punched in the face for it. lets say there as an album company that was ripping off thier artists would you be mad?

I don't really get these fighters, they should be so thankful to make millions while punching someone for 5 minutes as a job lol. So what if some top boxer makes more? Nobody is forcing you to do mma, go and box then.

It's like me complaining to my boss that Jeff Bezos makes more and that's why i need a salary increase lol. Most UFC fighters make more in one 15min fight than many people their whole life and they still complain after signing a contract.It's unbelievable...

and the lazy bastards only work like 2 hours a year if that.

Stop pocket watching other men.

<1>

lets get back to bulge watching ffs like real men!

Back