Lol at guys like Ngannou in private jets with half million $ wacthes complaining about fighter pay

TS comes off as someone who is afraid to speak up

You can't compare whatever you do to what MMa fighters do. It isn't the same.

I am curious to know how poor the world is when the majority of ufc fighters don't even make 100k in one fight..... something you allege most humans don't make in a lifetime..... lol

Why should the majority of fighters make $100 K?

Just because somebody "wants to be a fighter" doesn't mean they're worth anything. Just because they make sacrifices, doesn't mean they're any good.

The subject of this thread title is Francis Ngannou. If this dude had the money to spend tens of thousands of dollars on "bling" ... to the extent he ran out of money for his training camp ... then he is simply a fiscal dumbass.

The problem isn't Ngannou's "pay" ... the problem is Ngannou's money management.

History is filled with uneducated, dumbass boxers ... who made, literally, millions of dollars .... but who squandered their money, and squandered their money, and squandered their money ,,, until they had not a GD thing left.

Francis Ngannou has nobody to blame but himself, for spending tens of thousands of dollars on trying to "be Mr. Bigshot" ... when he really isn't there yet. He needs to shut up, keep fighting, and keep working.

Fighting once a year, while he spends money every day of every year, is the recipe for financial disaster.

Last edited:
Like this is the only industry where it happens?

Doctors/lawyers go to school for a decade or so.
Event/Wedding/etc... Planners only "work" for a couple of hours on events.
Apprenticeships are typically not paid super high.

How is this "they only work for 5 minutes" possibly an argument?

Its just rationalizations from people who are unhappy with there own situations complaining or just dumb people who really dont understand what there watching and what it takes to be a champion at that level

well, with respect, I'm not pushing any lie. I am really talking in general terms about his FUTURE fighting with UFC (or other org).

[ * see asterisk below] Going back on the specifics, as per Francis's recent interview i think with Helwani, YES, he did apparently have a visa issue in that (by my memory) he said it was due to expire on around May 12th 2021. And he said that the UFC's job is to renew that for him (they have a team of people working on that stuff). Now, we have to assume that UFC team would put it as a priority to renew the working visa for their HW Champion so he can fight in the USA, right? UFC *knows* he has to have that visa renewed. I totally agree with Francis that the early June fight (UFC offered apparently) was stupidly early. That's 2 months more or less. no need for that.
The issue with the visa is that you can't apply in the US, you have to leave the country to renew it. Keep also in mind that the COVID situation is affecting travel and all processes everywhere.

But he has NOT come up with any excuse for him/his management turning down the August 7th fight date vs Lewis in Houston. He skirted round that in the Helwani interview. and they WILL HAVE HAD HIS VISA RENEWED BY THEN!!!! He just didn't wanna fight in august. He was UNINJURED, he had already had MONTHS for celebrating and travelling to Africa. MONTHS to do that!!!

Magically September was ok, but August wasn't? Fact is he should have said "YES, done, signed" for the August 7th fight vs Lewis. He KNOWS that Houston was important to the UFC but he did not accept that fight, and that was a mistake. .
He did explain. The UFC offered June and told him July/August were not possible, so he planed his trip with in mind a fight in September at the earliest.
Now the fact is that he came back in the US in early July, for whatever reasons. 7th August was too short for a full training camp.
According to him (and his coach and manager), the UFC offered him 25th September but booked the August fight anyway without warning him before.

Last edited:
Yea it is pretty ridiculous. Francis is paid plenty and so are all of the top guys

I don't really get these fighters, they should be so thankful to make millions while punching someone for 5 minutes as a job lol. So what if some top boxer makes more? Nobody is forcing you to do mma, go and box then.

It's like me complaining to my boss that Jeff Bezos makes more and that's why i need a salary increase lol. Most UFC fighters make more in one 15min fight than many people their whole life and they still complain after signing a contract.It's unbelievable...
This is what I was saying in the last thread which people don’t want to take into consideration. He made $730,000 last fight. This doesn’t include his $150,000 win bonus. This is what some guys make in their CAREER! The dude is just an idiot who obviously doesn’t manage his money well. We’ve seen this with how many athletes over the years.

They don’t get paid to fight for 15 minutes they get paid to train themselves into the ground all year round and make sacrifices.

not really. they get paid to show up and make weight and get extra if they win and have potn. ufc is not telling them what to so to get ready, its up to them

The thing with money is you always want more. Even mayweather wants more per fight.. could you imagine most of these mma guys making big money. You'd never see them fight. They barely fight now and complain the don't make enough

This is what I was saying in the last thread which people don’t want to take into consideration. He made $730,000 last fight. This doesn’t include his $150,000 win bonus. This is what some guys make in their CAREER! The dude is just an idiot who obviously doesn’t manage his money well. We’ve seen this with how many athletes over the years.

also the guy started his career making 10/10 and just before his title fight he was at 130/130...

how many times did he renegotiate his deal?

I don't really get these fighters, they should be so thankful to make millions while punching someone for 5 minutes as a job lol. So what if some top boxer makes more? Nobody is forcing you to do mma, go and box then.

It's like me complaining to my boss that Jeff Bezos makes more and that's why i need a salary increase lol. Most UFC fighters make more in one 15min fight than many people their whole life and they still complain after signing a contract.It's unbelievable...
To be fair, there is a lot more training, dieting, weight cutting, and permanent damage than just “punching people for 5 minutes in a cage.” The effects of training and competing can hinder the rest of your life. For every fighter that makes it, there are 10,000 that won’t but will still suffer the consequences.

The issue with the visa is that you can't apply in the US, you have to leave the country to renew it. Keep also in mind that the COVID situation is affecting travel and all processes everywhere.
Yes, true.
I've actually just tracked his movement via his Instagram :
April 28th to June 5th he spent 5.5weeks in Cameroon. That's a LONG time. almost 6 weeks.
Then the whole of the rest of June he spent travelling & hanging out in Middle East (especially Dubai) until back on June 28th at Xtreme Couture, Vegas. (photo with Brandon Moreno).
So he basically had to leave USA, ok, went traveling for TWO MONTHS (almost exactly). All of May, and all of June. Now I'm sure that's nice, and fun, but his visa WILL have been fixed for him to return to USA as he stated his visa needed to be renewed by May 20th (I checked), and that would have given him way more than 8weeks til the August 7th fight. He COULD have been back in USA anytime after May 20th and the UFC will have got that done for him, which would him given him 11weeks to train. That's over-the-top training camp time. So bottom line is went traveling round the world for 2months in May and June.

He did explain. The UFC offered June and told him July/August were not possible, so he planed his trip with in mind a fight in September at the earliest.
Now the fact is that he came back in the US in early July, for whatever reasons. 7th August was too short for a full training camp.
According to him (and his coach and manager), the UFC offered him 25th September but booked the August fight anyway without warning him before.
He was actually back in Las Vegas on June 28th. At XC in Vegas. Yes, I remember him saying in that interview that UFC said July and August were not available. HMM!!! Obviously with a HW title fight that would need to be Main Event on a PPV. So i simply DO NOT BELIEVE him that UFC claimed that August 7th PPV in Houston was "booked". That Main Event slot (vs Lewis) WAS available, I'm 100% sure of it. I just think he did not want to fight in June (fair enough) or July or August. My belief is UFC got frustrated with him declining fight dates OR with his money demands (rightly or wrongly).

I just relistened to his Helwani interview and it is hard to tell exactly what he says due to his strong accent. He talked about "July and August is booked" but it's really hard to hear is he is talking about "THEM" or "I". anyway,....here's the clip (Timestamped) in case anyone is interested :

Preparation isn't every day and it isn't all year round like people always like to make believe. Fighters aren't getting up every day and running 10 km ever day of the year lol. Or lifting weights, or training skills. And eating healthy isn't some hardship either.

Plenty of fighters do keep sharpening skills and staying in shape, but again, that isn't some incredible hardship. Normal people who aren't fighters do that same stuff all the time.

But heaps of fighters get sloppy and have fun outside of fight camps for months on end. The whole process of being a pro fighter isn't a year-round commitment for a lot of these guys.

The media obligations are only leading up to fight week, and mid-level and above fighters have managers to handle their sponsorships. They ain't out there making deals with big companies on their own.

This guy gets it.

Fighters regularly take time off, sometimes for months lol. Its only some psychos dudes that are training constantly like Cain Velasquez, Usman, Dillasnake, Dominick Cruz. Those same guys usually become champions because of the amount of sheer dedication and talent.

They get injured a bunch too though….
——

Fighters make good money, UFC has a strong middle class and top guys make millions. Dudes at bottom, barely starting are ones really struggling

You're an idiot. How are you going to compare your low wage amazon job to how much money Ngannou generating for the Ufc. There are million dudes out there that can easily replace you, you think theres millions of ufc fighters on Ngannou level?

Why should the majority of fighters make $100 K?

Just because somebody "wants to be a fighter" doesn't mean they're worth anything. Just because they make sacrifices, doesn't mean they're any good.

The subject of this thread title is Francis Ngannou. If this dude had the money to spend tens of thousands of dollars on "bling" ... to the extent he ran out of money for his training camp ... then he is simply a fiscal dumbass.

The problem isn't Ngannou's "pay" ... the problem is Ngannou's money management.

History is filled with uneducated, dumbass boxers ... who made, literally, millions of dollars .... but who squandered their money, and squandered their money, and squandered their money ,,, until they had not a GD thing left.

Francis Ngannou has nobody to blame but himself, for spending tens of thousands of dollars on trying to "be Mr. Bigshot" ... when he really isn't there yet. He needs to shut up, keep fighting, and keep working.

Fighting once a year, while he spends money every day of every year, is the recipe for financial disaster.
???? I am not sure what you're arguing here when all I did was lol @ some ridiculous invalid claim that the majority of UFC fighters make more in one fight than the majority of humans make in a lifetime....

The days of seeing guys like Ngannou and Usman fight for chump change are over.

Will be interesting to see Dana throw them under the bus next year, trash their image, then build up some bums from pretender series to take their place.

You beat him and I’ll trust you

Uh, how do you think those athletes in boxing, basketball, football, baseball, etc. got more money and a larger percentage of the profits (around 80% in boxing and 50% in ball sports)? Hint: It wasn't by shutting the hell up about it and taking whatever their bosses offered. They opened their mouths, stuck up for themselves, formed unions, did what they had to do to make things more equitable.

These bootlicker threads are fucking annoying. I want to see ts take one shot without saying a word or shitting his diapers.

Back