lol at bj vs ryan hall

lol my rank would say otherwise

also i stopped watching reily back n 2009 he had good stuff for that era buuuut games much evolved now much more past him given eddie basically heel hooked him within seconds of him having his legs reily ran from him as much as he could till eddie got his legs

reily couldnt even win adcc trials to compete in adcc back in 2009 when he was at his best back when browns were getting through the gate

This is the difference between Danaher's guys and others. Even Cummings, who was definitely a "leg lock guy" had rock solid fundamentals that kept him in attacking positions. We will rarely see any of them get their guard passed unless they are way outgunned, which has only really happened early in their career's.

And when they lock heel hooks you don't have an option to tap any more.

Craig Jones talks alot on his set about guys toughing it out of outside heel hooks, says inside is too devastating. These guys use mostly saddle and their mechanics are as close to perfect as we've seen. No one is fighting thru once locked. They won't have a leg to stand on!

Never seen any inverted guard stuff from
Sambo, the thing is, what makes the difference is since bjj guys don’t shy away from
Guard, they are much better at finding ways to attack while defending a guard pass or whatever the rule set is ( as long as guard is allow) Sambo is way more explosive and due to the rules? You guys don’t have enough time to work on those entries, it’s obvious that Sambo has great leg locks, sure bjj guys have borrow a lot of them, but the combination of sick guard and leg locks is what sets bjj apart.

You are right about not seeing the inverted roleta guard in Sambo. In fact, I dont think it has ever been done in any official FIAS (our governing body) sanctioned tournament. I think we are both using our foundation-related bias regarding leglocks. I do some nogi (we call it no-kurtka here lol) as well and I also like seeing good combinations of guard passing and leg locks. However, in Sambo, a lot of times dont come from guard. Instead, they tend to be done in quick transitions that goes THROW OR TAKEDOWN >>>>leglock. So, the guard element is usually missing. So, I like seeing a leg lock right from a throw or takedown, while you prefer some rolling and guard passing beforehands. I respect that.

You are right about not seeing the inverted roleta guard in Sambo. In fact, I dont think it has ever been done in any official FIAS (our governing body) sanctioned tournament. I think we are both using our foundation-related bias regarding leglocks. I do some nogi (we call it no-kurtka here lol) as well and I also like seeing good combinations of guard passing and leg locks. However, in Sambo, a lot of times dont come from guard. Instead, they tend to be done in quick transitions that goes THROW OR TAKEDOWN >>>>leglock. So, the guard element is usually missing. So, I like seeing a leg lock right from a throw or takedown, while you prefer some rolling and guard passing beforehands. I respect that.

Well I’m strictly talking about sub grappling, I think sambo also has a lot of entries but are from top or standing up as you said. The reason why bjjers have become so good at leglocks is due to the footsies game, since you can sit on your ass and play footsies for as long as you can, that will make you pretty good at defending and attacking the legs, it’s jaut the nature of the beast...

Well I’m strictly talking about sub grappling, I think sambo also has a lot of entries but are from top or standing up as you said. The reason why bjjers have become so good at leglocks is due to the footsies game, since you can sit on your ass and play footsies for as long as you can, that will make you pretty good at defending and attacking the legs, it’s jaut the nature of the beast...
Funny story, so the guys in my sambo gym also participate in no-gi bjj tournaments as sambo tournaments only occur 1-2 in the US. Some of our opponents know that we are a sambo gym not a bjj one so they just instantly go the ground. They know that they are probably going to get thrown, takendown, or tripped eventually, so they just go straight to the ground on their own and play with us :)

Funny story, so the guys in my sambo gym also participate in no-gi bjj tournaments as sambo tournaments only occur 1-2 in the US. Some of our opponents know that we are a sambo gym not a bjj one so they just instantly go the ground. They know that they are probably going to get thrown, takendown, or tripped eventually, so they just go straight to the ground on their own and play with us :)

It’s normal man, it pulling used isn’t penalized, why would a bjj player stand up with a sambo dude, the result will be obvious

Hate to burst your bubble, but it ain't only against samboists (is that the right word?) that it happens to.

If the opponent is a better wrestler, judoka heck whatever.. they just better on the feet the bjj'er will pull guard. I ain't getting dumped on my head (and going behind 2 points) as some show of manhood. I just want to try to increase my win rate and if it's not going to happen standing, I'm pulling guard

Dont know if this has been said, but ryan hall was one of the first phenoms in jiu jitsu ro hunt heel hooks systematically against high lvl black belts.

Hate to burst your bubble, but it ain't only against samboists (is that the right word?) that it happens to.

If the opponent is a better wrestler, judoka heck whatever.. they just better on the feet the bjj'er will pull guard. I ain't getting dumped on my head (and going behind 2 points) as some show of manhood. I just want to try to increase my win rate and if it's not going to happen standing, I'm pulling guard
The correct term in english is sambist (without the o). You are not bursting my bubble dude. The example I gave is specific to my experiences as a sambist competing against bjj guys. I am well aware that people with Judo and wrestling experiences will face similar situations. In fact, sambo is a sport that was derived as a combination of Judo, Jui Jitsu, Freestyle wrestling, and turkic guresh.

Sure, any time any where. Just keep in mind your pay will be small as a loss wont pay much.

lolz you arnt even old enough to fight pro your a 17 yearold virgin kid lol at your profile saying "some dutch kickboxing experience... "

exactly. the modern leglock game has shown to be so successful recently because it is something of a jiu-jitsu hack, bypassing the standard guard passer vs guard player engagement.

lolz you arnt even old enough to fight pro your a 17 yearold virgin kid lol at your profile saying "some dutch kickboxing experience... "
Some dutch kickboxing experience means 2 years and a few amateur matches. I know do only sambo/combat sambo. Virgin? No. 17 year old? yes, I will turn 18 this year. Where I am from, there is no age limit to fight pro. It will be sad for you to lose to a minor. You make fun of me and you probably have zero striking experience. I do not care what weight class you are. I am always ready for a bout with you pussyweight.

Some dutch kickboxing experience means 2 years and a few amateur matches. I know do only sambo/combat sambo. Virgin? No. 17 year old? yes, I will turn 18 this year. Where I am from, there is no age limit to fight pro. It will be sad for you to lose to a minor. You make fun of me and you probably have zero striking experience. I do not care what weight class you are. I am always ready for a bout with you pussyweight.

lol im 27 i turned pro at 20 6-1 with all wins in the first round you were 3 years old when i started training lol iv been training a kid whos 19 for last 7 years who would murder you even and is the best purple belt in my state

lol im 27 i turned pro at 20 6-1 with all wins in the first round you were 3 years old when i started training lol iv been training a kid whos 19 for last 7 years who would murder you even and is the best purple belt in my state

Do you have footage of your fights? I'd be interested in seeing them

I am also interested in your record. Some footage will help. And also, if you have fought pro, please give a link to your tapology or sherdog page, so we can see how good you are. Damn, you must be good 6 straight wins all in 1st round. Either UFC is missing on you, or you fought all those fights on Rough'N'Rowdy.

The correct term in english is sambist (without the o). You are not bursting my bubble dude. The example I gave is specific to my experiences as a sambist competing against bjj guys. I am well aware that people with Judo and wrestling experiences will face similar situations. In fact, sambo is a sport that was derived as a combination of Judo, Jui Jitsu, Freestyle wrestling, and turkic guresh.

My bad.

I'm going to take the counter argument and say that they're pretty much all the same and come under the umbrella of grappling. Each just has a different emphasis/points of difference (which the scoring and rules are set to emphasise).

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest on which is better because realistically, I don't know because I haven't tried them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back