lol at bj vs ryan hall

havnt seen anything like that n ufc in awhile if u went back to 2010 n said that bj penn is gonna get subbed within 2 seconds of hitting the ground people would laugh in your face

sadly everyone will say bjs just old now..

Yet you wait 8 years to go hard on BJ... So clever.

Sadly you seem to think that BJ is still in his prime.

lol my rank would say otherwise

also i stopped watching reily back n 2009 he had good stuff for that era buuuut games much evolved now much more past him given eddie basically heel hooked him within seconds of him having his legs reily ran from him as much as he could till eddie got his legs

reily couldnt even win adcc trials to compete in adcc back in 2009 when he was at his best back when browns were getting through the gate

Unfortunately, sherdog ranks dont mean shit. I have been a member here over 3 years but never posted. Reilly was always a Sambo guy, so it makes sense for him not to be doing that well in bjj tournaments. Let's see how eddie would have performed against Reilly in a Sambo match, under Sambo rules, in Sambo kurtkas. The reason why Reilly today had to get a black belt and has to mix bjj with sambo in his RDojo academy is because he is a professional and he knows that he would not be able to make a living by teaching Sambo in the US, where not even some of the martial artists know what it is.

Unfortunately, sherdog ranks dont mean shit. I have been a member here over 3 years but never posted. Reilly was always a Sambo guy, so it makes sense for him not to be doing that well in bjj tournaments. Let's see how eddie would have performed against Reilly in a Sambo match, under Sambo rules, in Sambo kurtkas. The reason why Reilly today had to get a black belt and has to mix bjj with sambo in his RDojo academy is because he is a professional and he knows that he would not be able to make a living by teaching Sambo in the US, where not even some of the martial artists know what it is.

Jesus body is cool as fuck and good, but he’s far far behind the top leg lock guys... hell arguably the best leg lockers come from bjj now, and is not due to the leglocks it self but the entries, bjj putting a shit ton on emphasis on guard make these leg lock monsters who get entries from everywhere...

Eddie Cummins vs Reilly, that’s about it.

Jesus body is cool as fuck and good, but he’s far far behind the top leg lock guys... hell arguably the best leg lockers come from bjj now, and is not due to the leglocks it self but the entries, bjj putting a shit ton on emphasis on guard make these leg lock monsters who get entries from everywhere...

Eddie Cummins vs Reilly, that’s about it.
Did you even read what I wrote? You are saying Eddie Cummins vs Reilly, but as I wrote, that was a BJJ match. Reilly is a trained sambist, he started doing bjj much later. Lets have Eddie Cummins vs Reilly in an official sambo match and lets see what happens.

You are saying the best leg lockers are coming from BJJ, do you watch Sambo enough to make such a comment? Unless you watch sambo regularly, and I guess you dont, how are you so sure?

lolz i meant bjj rank you are such a grappling bum can tell by things you say

r u trying to say that rank in jiu jitsu doesnt mean anything a blue belt talking to a black belt about technique if so then you are an idiot

lolz i meant bjj rank you are such a grappling bum can tell by things you say

things you say[/QUOEnl

Lol I can see that you are the grappling bum. Who the heck says bjj rank. I believe you meant belt. Luckily, in Sambo we do not have such belt-system so we do not have people like you who care much about a piece of cloth. For us, its all about whats inside you, not what color cloth you wear on your waist. If you wanna see how I grapple, I would be more than happy to do a Sambo, Freestyle wrestling or MMA match with you. Then, we will see who is a bum, my friend.

r u trying to say that rank in jiu jitsu doesnt mean anything a blue belt talking to a black belt about technique if so then you are an idiot
Let's see if you can call me idiot in front of my face. If you are in the US, I am open to MMA, Sambo, Combat Sambo, or Freestyle wrestling match anytime with you.

I know plenty of black belts that suck and all their opinions about technique are garbage. Sure a huge majority of blue belts are beginners but a black belt doesn't mean you aren't garbage. I have personally witnessed Roberto Attalas (old black belt pothead who had a beef with Machado) seminar literally make a white belt worse. The white belt used his retarded move in competition and it cost him the match. Had to stop other white belts from drilling that shit. So he has a negative value as instructor. On the other hand one of the best purple belts Tainan Dalrpa is teaching classes to black belts and aoj when the Mendes bros are on tour.

Yet you wait 8 years to go hard on BJ... So clever.

Sadly you seem to think that BJ is still in his prime.
to act like
I know plenty of black belts that suck and all their opinions about technique are garbage. Sure a huge majority of blue belts are beginners but a black belt doesn't mean you aren't garbage. I have personally witnessed Roberto Attalas (old black belt pothead who had a beef with Machado) seminar literally make a white belt worse. The white belt used his retarded move in competition and it cost him the match. Had to stop other white belts from drilling that shit. So he has a negative value as instructor. On the other hand one of the best purple belts Tainan Dalrpa is teaching classes to black belts and aoj when the Mendes bros are on tour.

but your using a few old school guys that doesnt completely say that rank doesnt matter theres purple belts on this site who actually had the nerve to say that robert drysdale was showing garbage technique on a half guard sweep lol.

this generation of bjj guys are super delusional but thats what happens when schools arnt strict coaches r so laid back that when a blue belt buys a Keenans worm guard dvd he somehow thinks he knows better than his black belt coach whos life has been devoted to this art lol

Let's see if you can call me idiot in front of my face. If you are in the US, I am open to MMA, Sambo, Combat Sambo, or Freestyle wrestling match anytime with you.

lol fight me professionally then so i can actually get paid

I'm not a purple belt anymore if you're referring to me Drysdale had a lot of good moves on his video but when he was showing how the underhook was not working for him he was using a garbage underhook.

Did you even read what I wrote? You are saying Eddie Cummins vs Reilly, but as I wrote, that was a BJJ match. Reilly is a trained sambist, he started doing bjj much later. Lets have Eddie Cummins vs Reilly in an official sambo match and lets see what happens.

You are saying the best leg lockers are coming from BJJ, do you watch Sambo enough to make such a comment? Unless you watch sambo regularly, and I guess you dont, how are you so sure?

It’s quite simple, the guard and entires off your back... also bjj bieng much mor about subs than throws and wrestling, which sambo is.

It’s quite simple, the guard, and bjj bieng much mor about subs than throws and wrestling, which sambo is.

However, a lot of sambo matches also end in submission as a submission is a total victory. For example, I can send you my team's highlights in the US Arnold Sambo Classic and you will see that most of our wins came from leg locks (not points). Also, leg locks are taught much earlier to sambo practitioners than BJJ guys.

Here is a quick quote from Stephen Koepfer (aka sambosteve on sherdog) , Master of Sport in Combat Sambo and an official sambo instructor in Russian Military academies:
In terms of what BJJ can learn from us, obviously it's the leg locks, aside from the throws and transitions I mentioned earlier. It's pretty cool to see all the inverted stuff and the rolling leg attacks in no-gi grappling nowadays. Sambo has been doing that for decades. People were telling us those were bullshit and would never work, now it's super popular.

Pardon my ignorance, but what would change? I don't know the rule set of sambo but from what I see, the big different is the grips. You'd think that if a guy has been training in a sport a long longer, they would have a advantage because his opponent would have to adapt.

Reilly knew what he signed up for as did Eddie and Reilly lost in that match up.

I liken it to the people saying "Ahh yes, Gordon Ryan is a beast but let's put him in a gi and let's see what happens"

However, a lot of sambo matches also end in submission as a submission is a total victory. For example, I can send you my team's highlights in the US Arnold Sambo Classic and you will see that most of our wins came from leg locks (not points). Also, leg locks are taught much earlier to sambo practitioners than BJJ guys.

Here is a quick quote from Stephen Koepfer (aka sambosteve on sherdog) , Master of Sport in Combat Sambo and an official sambo instructor in Russian Military academies:
In terms of what BJJ can learn from us, obviously it's the leg locks, aside from the throws and transitions I mentioned earlier. It's pretty cool to see all the inverted stuff and the rolling leg attacks in no-gi grappling nowadays. Sambo has been doing that for decades. People were telling us those were bullshit and would never work, now it's super popular.

Never seen any inverted guard stuff from
Sambo, the thing is, what makes the difference is since bjj guys don’t shy away from
Guard, they are much better at finding ways to attack while defending a guard pass or whatever the rule set is ( as long as guard is allow) Sambo is way more explosive and due to the rules? You guys don’t have enough time to work on those entries, it’s obvious that Sambo has great leg locks, sure bjj guys have borrow a lot of them, but the combination of sick guard and leg locks is what sets bjj apart.

Back