News Lol Aldo vs Cejudo targeted for UFC 250 (Source)

This highlights just how much the UFC loves to take care of Conor. Wouldn't give Aldo a rematch after a 13 second fight against Conor despite ruling the division for like a decade ... but now, title shot after 2 losses, WELL past his prime, at a division he just joined?

This WWE shit is getting old, and I'm a huge Aldo fan too.

He was robbed vs marlon

I’m completely fine with this they couldn’t decide between aljo and Yan so Fuck it let aldo bang and let the contenders fight for the next shot

War aldo

Now?

Frankie Edgar got a title shot in 2013 (ironically, against Aldo) after losing two fights in a row.
At least those were title fights at a higher weight class though, and bullshit decisions that he should have won.

We've been robbed of so many great bantamweight title fights. First Cody wins the belt takes a year off, then Tj wins fights Cody again instead of Moraes. Then Cejudo win beats Moraes and takes another year off and now hes fighting a guy that just lost, when theres 3 guys that have a claim for a title shot. What a shit show.
Watch Dominick Cruz come back and somehow get his shot. 135 pounds is a circus

I don't mind as I feel the other contenders would do well to have another fight and build their brand with a big name win. Yan / Edgar and Sterling / Cruz. If Yan wins he gets the next shot, if not then the winner of Sterling / Cruz.

Have one fight in the division, lose it and get a title shot. And we thought UFC couldn't get more ridiculous

I hope this is just talk for the sake of UFC legitimacy, I'm a Aldo fan and would like to see this fight when he truly deserves it but proper winning contenders should be fighting regardless of their name value. It's doing fights like this that give them that name value. UFC needz to stop pandering to casuals for their dollars real fight fanz watch too you lowdown motherf*kers...

Well this is par the course for the UFC - undeserved title shots.

If anyone has earned it and deserves it it is Aldo for what he has done and how the UFC has done him dirty in the past.

Despite what the judges say Aldo won that fight against Marlon the back peddler.

the reason why aldo got the shot is because everyone including dana and cejudo agreed that he actually beat moraes which i agree with so with that being said aldo is a bigger name than aljamaign, and petr yan and the other guys in that division so from a business(money) standpoint hes who they got next because the fans think he won and everyone is more likely to buy and watch the fight (i know you will be watching) and thats why they are doing it because its good business
Why have rankings

<{cruzshake}>
Tis a shame but it is what it is.

Also in his prime with that TDD and sniper like counters would have KOd triple C at least 8 times out of 10

I actually like it.

Aldo is a legend so I'm ok with him getting a special opportunity.

A lot of folks mad though lol.

Hope Aldo beats his and becomes double champ. Fuck cejudo.

that i dont know bro theyre practically there for show
Don’t get me wrong I’m all for Aldo getting the TS, but legitimately there’s no reason to have rankings if they’re not only going to neglect them, but give fightesr like Aldo and Frankie, continuous TS after losses, or like Yoel who’s even missed weight...
{<jordan}
Cannot wait to hear the red goof justification on this one...LoL
<31>
<36>

Don’t get me wrong I’m all for Aldo getting the TS, but legitimately there’s no reason to have rankings if they’re not only going to neglect them, but give fightesr like Aldo and Frankie, continuous TS after losses, or like Yoel who’s even missed weight...
{<jordan}
Cannot wait to hear the red goof justification on this one...LoL
<31>
<36>
im not disagreeing with you thats why i said the rankingsare just for show, i never even go by rankings tbh i dont think the ranking system has been used legitimately for years

Back