Television LOKI TV Series (Season 2 Finale)

If you have seen the entire first season of LOKI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I'm by no means hating on this, but am I the only one that sees these streaming services becoming cable 2.0. "Loyal customers, if you buy the Disney, Hulu, Netflix, Espn, HBO, etc, etc, app bundle, you'll get a 20% discount." I feel like it's becoming exactly what we've always wanted for the most part: a la carte cable.

Ugh I have a bad feeling about this. Let's hope it's not like Arrow.

They should spin off Scarlet Witch into a late night adults only TV show.

This is eventually going to backfire. The appeal of Netflix/Hulu is that we don't have to overpay to watch television. Signing up for all these streaming services defeats the purpose of leaving cable.

This is eventually going to backfire. The appeal of Netflix/Hulu is that we don't have to overpay to watch television. Signing up for all these streaming services defeats the purpose of leaving cable.
That’s my thought exactly.

If it's just side characters, then I don't see what the issue is.
An Avengers movie will never focus on Loki, Hawkeye, or War Machine as the main characters, so why not do separate smaller stories about them? I think it would only "cheapen the brand" if they had the bigger characters in them.
But if they're just doing prequel kind of stuff, or side adventures that solo characters took outside of the Avengers, I don't see the negative in that.

If they're keeping the movie actors, using this to help launch their own streaming program, and Feige is apart of this, doesn't sound like theyre going to half-ass this

I feel you. I never quite got into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I felt that if Hawkeye and Black Widow were played by "high-level" TV stars (Matthew Fox was my Hawkeye pick) that have been in movies and could seamlessly go back and forth between the two, that would have been perfect IMO.

I feel you. I never quite got into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I felt that if Hawkeye and Black Widow were played by "high-level" TV stars (Matthew Fox was my Hawkeye pick) that have been in movies and could seamlessly go back and forth between the two, that would have been perfect IMO.
Yeah, A.O.S. is ok, but looks and feels completely mediocre considering where it's based from.
I think the problem with using other actors is that there is going to always be a comparison. What happens when the audience starts to like the TV version better than the movie version? And then you get the casusals and old people that get confused by who is the "real" Hawkeye.

Yeah, A.O.S. is ok, but looks and feels completely mediocre considering where it's based from.
I think the problem with using other actors is that there is going to always be a comparison. What happens when the audience starts to like the TV version better than the movie version? And then you get the casusals and old people that get confused by who is the "real" Hawkeye.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I'm not saying have two different Hawkeyes. I'm saying let a guy like Matthew Fox that's been in big TV series and movies do both in "small" roles. Keep him at the same level as he is in the Avengers and sprinkle him into A.O.S. as a special guest for 20% of the episodes just to form a comfortable, fun tie-in (not that it's really needed at this point).

The ship has sailed now, but I remember thinking this during the first season of AoS and how actors like Jeremy Renner and Scarlet Johanson are overkill considering what their characters actually do in the Avengers movies. I haven't seen Ant-man, but using Evangeline Lily as an example of how she can be on the big screen then return to the small screen where she got stardom for a few episodes would have been cool (even if unnecessary, considering).

giphy.webp

This is big.They're going to go all out on this to get people interested in their new network. Now characters that would have never gotten a solo movie will have the opportunity to have their own shows. It's also a testing ground to see if there's enough interest for a solo movie or a new Avengers/G.O.T.G member.

I always wanted a Loki movie and this is the next best thing. If his show is successful, maybe he'll come back. Or it means he already might be coming back...

<{jackyeah}>

Last edited:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I'm not saying have two different Hawkeyes. I'm saying let a guy like Matthew Fox that's been in big TV series and movies do both in "small" roles. Keep him at the same level as he is in the Avengers and sprinkle him into A.O.S. as a special guest for 20% of the episodes just to form a comfortable, fun tie-in (not that it's really needed at this point).

The ship has sailed now, but I remember thinking this during the first season of AoS and how actors like Jeremy Renner and Scarlet Johanson are overkill considering what their characters actually do in the Avengers movies. I haven't seen Ant-man, but using Evangeline Lily as an example of how she can be on the big screen then return to the small screen where she got stardom for a few episodes would have been cool (even if unnecessary, considering).

They did have Lady Sif for one fun episode. That's all I can think of, though.

Update: February 15, 2019

LOKI TV Series Gets Rick and Morty Writer Michael Waldron as Showrunner

MMkaDNv.jpg

Marvel’s god of mischief has a showrunner. Loki, one of the first series that Marvel Studios will be making for Disney’s streaming service, Disney+, has landed Michael Waldron as its point person. Waldron will write the pilot, act as show creator and exec produce the series.

Tom Hiddleston is expected to star in the series, reprising the fan-favorite character he first played in 2011’s Thor.

The character apparently met his demise in last year’s Avengers: Infinity War, even before the census-altering dematerialization of half the universe, but Marvel may have found a run around that little impediment.

Sources say the show will follow Loki as the trickster and shape-shifter pops up throughout human history as an unlikely influencer on historical events.

Marvel had no comment.

Marvel is working on several series that will debut on Disney+. Other known series are The Vision and Scarlet Witch, being run by Captain Marvel writer Jac Schaeffer, while another will focus on a team-up of Falcon and Winter Soldier, the heroes played by Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, respectively. Malcolm Spellman (Empire) has been hired to write the latter effort.

Waldron hails from Atlanta and began his screenwriting career under Dan Harmon and Dino Stamatopoulos at Starburns Industries. In 2017, he served as creator and showrunner for the writers' room on Heels, Starz’s pilot that centered on two rival brothers. Currently, he is developing Florida Man with Steven Soderbergh for Paramount Network and is writing and producing on the upcoming season of Cartoon Network’s acclaimed Rick and Morty.

Waldron also wrote The Worst Guy of All Time (and the Girl Who Came to Kill Him), a sci-fi rom-com feature spec script that landed him high atop the 2018 Black List. The project now has Greg Silverman producing for Quibi.

Marvel's 'Loki' Series Lands 'Rick and Morty' Writer Michael Waldron as Showrunner (Exclusive)

Got to say this MCU streaming shows so far aren't that intriguing to me.

Maybe that Scarlet Witch one but even there conservative.

I'll I want is for a proper Heroes For Hire.

It's a fucking joke that Luke Cage didn't even appear in Iron Fist season 2.

Everything they were both in was disappointing.

It should have been an incredibly easy slam dunk, and they found a way to butcher it.

I'm curious as to what kind of plot-line is going to have Loki as the main protagonist.

Just how much AOS did you watch?

I gave up season one but Dragonlord coaxed me back, and man, this show is good. Seriously. A couple of seasons were brilliant.

Loki having his own show may end up being the deciding factor in me getting this service. But then again Netflix and Prime already seem to have enough programming to keep me infinitely entertained.

Back