Television LOKI TV Series (Season 2 Finale)

If you have seen the entire first season of LOKI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I want 50 1-hr episodes of a Jar-Jar Binks action-adventure series from Disney's new streaming service.

giphy.gif
Rose Tico and Jar Jar team up would be nice.

{<doc}

This is going to cheapen the brand.

Yep everyone is cheering this on but this is my main concern. Disney has already destroyed Star Wars. Now they'll take Marvel down just to try and prop up their streaming service. I mean if it turns out to be good quality shows ok that's great but I just have a feeling that's not what's going to happen here.

Yep everyone is cheering this on but this is my main concern. Disney has already destroyed Star Wars. Now they'll take Marvel down just to try and prop up their streaming service. I mean if it turns out to be good quality shows ok that's great but I just have a feeling that's not what's going to happen here.
If it's just side characters, then I don't see what the issue is.
An Avengers movie will never focus on Loki, Hawkeye, or War Machine as the main characters, so why not do separate smaller stories about them? I think it would only "cheapen the brand" if they had the bigger characters in them.
But if they're just doing prequel kind of stuff, or side adventures that solo characters took outside of the Avengers, I don't see the negative in that.

If they're keeping the movie actors, using this to help launch their own streaming program, and Feige is apart of this, doesn't sound like theyre going to half-ass this

An Avengers movie will never focus on Loki, Hawkeye, or War Machine as the main characters, so why not do separate smaller stories about them? I think it would only "cheapen the brand" if they had the bigger characters in them.
But if they're just doing prequel kind of stuff, or side adventures that solo characters took outside of the Avengers, I don't see the negative in that.

If they're keeping the movie actors, using this to help launch their own streaming program, and Feige is apart of this, doesn't sound like theyre going to half-ass this
When you put it like that doesn't sound so bad. Will see how it turns out.

I don't know how I feel about this honestly

if they do it right I think it can really work. And by do it right I mean really integrate the MCU and TVU together with the type of long Universe vision they applied to the MCU.

That might be a huge endeavor but I think Disney/Marvel is up to it.

The TVU would be basically be used to move minor story lines along, introduce characters that cannot carry their own origin movie and to tell the side stories or provide the back drop for characters who otherwise might not get the time.

Imagine a TVU show that goes into the background of someone like Hawkeye more and gives us the Budapest storyline between him and Black Widow that has been teased out in the movies. i'd watch that and would bet @Anung Un Rama would pay to see it.

but the TVU needs to use the same actors (unless they are portraying younger or older time lines) and with big name actors showing much more willingness to do TV now, I think it could work.

Yup. I think the key with bigger name, but not main focus characters is to present them in a series of short stories. Do not give them a series with no end. Instead present them as contained stories across a handful of episodes. Give us the Scarlett Witch/QuickSilver backdrop prior to us being introduced to them in the Avengers Ultron movie. Give us Budapest. Give us a Black Widow origin. Heck lets get the Ulysses Klaue back story of him finding Wakanda and sneaking in and stealing tech from them. I would watch that. I think a series of those mini-series could really add fuel for the bigger movies by building that back story and audience.

With how hyped up most of the Marvel actors are with their roles it looks hopeful that they’ll buy into these short series. Which again i think is an amazing idea.

Look at what True Detective did for Matthew Mcconaughey.

if they do it right I think it can really work. And by do it right I mean really integrate the MCU and TVU together with the type of long Universe vision they applied to the MCU.

That might be a huge endeavor but I think Disney/Marvel is up to it.

The TVU would be basically be used to move minor story lines along, introduce characters that cannot carry their own origin movie and to tell the side stories or provide the back drop for characters who otherwise might not get the time.

Imagine a TVU show that goes into the background of someone like Hawkeye more and gives us the Budapest storyline between him and Black Widow that has been teased out in the movies. i'd watch that and would bet @Anung Un Rama would pay to see it.

but the TVU needs to use the same actors (unless they are portraying younger or older time lines) and with big name actors showing much more willingness to do TV now, I think it could work.

Fuck no

I like that the TV verse is mostly inconsequential to the movie verse.

I just have time to watch movies not 4000 episodes of shit

If something happens in a movie that requires knowledge of some random episode from that pile of shows to understand or appreciate that's when I get off the treadmill

Fuck no

I like that the TV verse is mostly inconsequential to the movie verse.

I just have time to watch movies not 4000 episodes of shit

If something happens in a movie that requires knowledge of some random episode from that pile of shows to understand or appreciate that's when I get off the treadmill

You are not "required" to know backstories. You don't have to know about Budapest. You don't know that story now but you still enjoyed the Avengers movie. But if you want to know there is a short for that. If you want to know how Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver came to be with Hydra then there is a short for that. But if you do not, no worries, as you do not know now and you still enjoy the Movie they were introduced in.

I felt similarly about the Walking Dead when it first came out. I thought they should have made a series of webisodes showing you some back story to some of the characters or even Zombies we saw in the show but never got any story for. Show how a group of Soldier zombies ended up getting caught, etc.

I don't know how people have time to watch all these shows

Cut 10% of the time you spend on Sherdog, you'll have time to watch all the shows.

Twice.

If Loki gets a show, it better be a prequel. I love the guy, but he needs to stay dead after Infinity War.

Rip DC's streaming service

I'm gonna need a Howard the duck series

Wakanda Foreveer the TV show incoming. Will watch. Things like that are what is going to attract real viewership and subscribers. That or spiderman live action show. They can use Scarlet spider so as not to call on Tom Holland.

Back