185x3
225x3
245x3
255x3
275x3 @ 8
245x3
245x3
245x3

Done. Someone was in the room with the bench so did some assisted pullups first. Bench feeling great and I'm itching to do some heavy singles.

Tuesday - 5/10/22 - home gym - 9:30pm

Tried to squat again, but felt slight pain again, so didn't want to risk it. Seems like it feels better each day so I'm going to have to wait and see. So tried sumo deadlifts again.

Sumo Deadlift - controlled eccentrics
135x5
135x5
225x2
275x2
315x2
335x2
275x5

Done. I don't know if it was mental, but even though there was no pain it felt like my back could just give out so I didn't want to push it. If I didn't have to control my eccentrics I probably would be ok with going a little heavier and finishing up my back off sets, but this is better then nothing. Going to try and bench and get some accessory in at work and then reattempt squat again at home.

W3D2 - Wednesday - 5/11/22 - work gym - 3:30pm

Hammer Pullups
Assisted x 8
Assisted x 6
BWx3
BW+30x3
BW+50x3
BW+50x3
BWx6 (pause at top)
BWx6 (pause at top)

Again 2 people hoarding the room with the bench. Seems like they workout routinely near the same time as us so may need to adjust our time.

Comp Bench
135x5
225x3
255x3
275x3 @ 7
225x5
225x5
225x5
225x5

Done. No time for triceps or curls. Maybe tonight if I can't squat. Bench feeling spicy, but this program has no heavy single until Week 9, which is a single @ 8. Need to just trust the process. Also 225 back off sets were minimum rest period of 30-45 sec.

9:45pm - home gym

5-0-3 Tempo Squat
95x5
135x5
155x5
155x5
175x5

That's it. Some discomfort, but no pain. Feeling better each time I get under the bar so lets keep this going. Also took the kids to the park and hit my weekday 8k step goal. If not I would have been way under lol.

Last edited:
Thursday - 5/12/22 - home gym - 9:30pm

High Bar Squat - belt
135x5
135x5
185x1
225x1
275x1
225x5
225x5
225x5

Done. Feeling much more confident today. Was almost going to take a heavier single, but I decided not to push it. Hopefully I can fully get back on program starting Monday Week 4. Will be very busy at work, but I'm going to try to bench and superset arms at work tomorrow and then deadlift and squat at home.

W3D3 - Friday - 5/13/22 - home gym - 10:45am

Bench Press with Pussy Pad - ring finger on rings - TNG
135x6
135x6
185x6
225x6
245x6
260x6 @ 6.5?
250x3
250x3 pauses
250x3 pauses

Rope Pushdowns
3 sets

DB Curls
3 sets

Done. Was suppose to be a top set @ 8, but I sandbagged. On a good note I'm feeling really good on bench. Hopefully more to come tonight.

Sunday - 5/15/2022 - home gym - 6pm

Sumo Deadlift
135x5
135x2
225x3
275x3
315x3
335x3
285x4
285x4
285x4
285x4

Hammer Pullups - climbing dome
BWx8
BWx10
BWx11

2 hours later....

SSB Squat w/ Double Looped Mini's
BARx8
150x8
170x8
150x8
150x8

Done. Good workout.

So you got the big one adults can play on and not the flimsy 3/8" plastic pipes.

So you got the big one adults can play on and not the flimsy 3/8" plastic pipes.
Yeah it's pretty big. 11' diameter, 66" at the the top and can support 600 lbs. It will put a big ring on my grass, but the kids love it. Got it used in great condition for $80 and the seller broke it down and wrapped them in bundles ahead of time. It took a while putting it together solo though. I also put a disc rope swing in the middle.

https://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Geo...limbing+dome&qid=1652709854&sr=8-5&th=1&psc=1

I got into a car accident pretty much an hour after I made the above post. Some lady turned into her driveway right in front of me giving me almost no time to react. Apparently the car behind her was driving fast and tailing her so she didn't even look for oncoming traffic. WTF! Airbag deployed and car is probably totaled. At least no one got majorly injured and no kids in the car thank god. She admitted it was her fault and had witnesses walking by said they saw everything and can be my witness so at least hopefully my insurance doesn't need to get involved. Had a shitty headache yesterday and got crappy sleep last night so taking the day off today from work. If I feel ok I may train in a couple of days.

I got into a car accident pretty much an hour after I made the above post. Some lady turned into her driveway right in front of me giving me almost no time to react. Apparently the car behind her was driving fast and tailing her so she didn't even look for oncoming traffic. WTF! Airbag deployed and car is probably totaled. At least no one got majorly injured and no kids in the car thank god. She admitted it was her fault and had witnesses walking by said they saw everything and can be my witness so at least hopefully my insurance doesn't need to get involved. Had a shitty headache yesterday and got crappy sleep last night so taking the day off today from work. If I feel ok I may train in a couple of days.

Fuck dude, can you catch a break?

Make sure that 2nd day whiplash doesn't set in. Proceed to punch her in the squirt box.

Fuck dude, can you catch a break?
I know right? Besides getting rear ended once about 10 years ago, I haven't had any other car accidents in 25 years. I think the most annoying part is dealing with their insurance, need to still get a rental car, new car seats and then buying another car which sucks because we just got a new SUV last year.

Make sure that 2nd day whiplash doesn't set in. Proceed to punch her in the squirt box.
Neck is slightly stiff, but could be because I had shitty sleep last night. Makes me wonder just being stronger then the average person is an advantage in a situation like this. I'm just glad my wife and kids were not in the car.

Wednesday - 6/1/2022 - work gym - 3pm

Paused Bench Press - middle on rings
135x5
155x5
185x3
225x3
245x3
225x3

Assisted Hammer Pullups
1 set

Side DB Lateral Raises
1 set

Done. First day back working out since the car accident. Weights felt pretty easy, but didn't want to push it. My head still feels off and my head symptoms pretty much waxes and wanes. Doesn't help that my sleep has been shit. If I had to guess I probably got a concussion from the car accident. I definitely feel better then a week ago overall. This past weekend, especially Sunday I felt 90% the entire day, but decompensated on Monday probably because I had bad sleep and a busy day prior. Ideally good daily sleep, low intensity cardio with some easy weight training, keep my nutrition on point and hopefully I'm back to normal in a couple of weeks.

200.gif

Wed - 6/22/22 - work gym - 3:45pm

Bench Press - comp grip - feet up - pause
135x5
135x5
185x5
205x5
225x1
185x5

light tricep pushdowns

light lat pulldowns

Done. So head symptoms kept lingering for a month post accident. I could feel pretty good on some days and them bam felt horrible at night or the next day. Not gonna lie I felt like shit and was scared it would last a long time. I'm not 100% yet, but this past week I've consistently felt pretty good. I would say I'm 85-90%, but could partially be the shitty sleep and the quality of my nutrition have been lower then usual. Some symptoms included intermittent nausea, sensitive to sound, general malaise, brain fog, more irritable. Also I had some days where I would feel exhausted out of no where. Almost everyday at work I was going to my car to just close my eyes or take a quick power nap. I wonder if having a major concussion when I was a kid played a role.

If I feel at baseline tonight and tomorrow then the goal in the next couple of weeks is just to put in some type of work and ease my way back into training. Bench felt meh, but to be expected since it's been a while, but at least the weight felt pretty light and moved easy. I feel like if I can start training 100% again my bench will pick back up real quick, but my squat/deadlift probably took another step back, but I'm use to it, lol...

So symptoms back day after training. My head probably doesn't like the pressure. Mostly foggy brain or tension headaches (both different then normal headaches) and my head not likely any fast movements. I've had worse days, but probably no heavy weight training indefinitely until I'm recovered. When I do come back to some weight bearing exercise I will likely start with bodyweight exercises and slowly progress.

What's the most frustrating is that it wasnt even a major accident and I walked away unscathed and zero physical pain/injuries. My coworkers neice just broke 2 legs and her arm in a major car accident and still in the hospital and Im over here feeling like crap in my head 6 weeks after my accident. If I contunue to feel like shit for the next week I'll contact my doc.

Last edited:
Back