Media Logan Paul: “I love Conor McGregor. First Floyd Mayweather, then McGregor. One legend at a time.”

In an mma match. You do understand that the boxing style and ruleset of traditional boxing is NOTHING like mma which is why mma fighters don’t typically fare well in boxing matches unless classically trained in boxing as boxers? Conor has solid mma boxing but it absolutely doesn’t translate to a good BOXER. Not whatsoever
Lobov beat Malignaggi, bareknuckle but still. Conor started out with boxing, he's trained with many boxers and spent months preparing only boxing for Mayweather. Having a boxing match with a fellow youtuber does not make you a boxer.

I mean the argument would I guess be drawing a crowd with a big name and the rub of that cancelling off long term harm. It's very possible. We both know japanese match making and MMA is built off a legacy of pro wrestling.

Problem is, I watch works. The most successful works in pro wrestling are the ones that have a long term benefit. In 1998 when Vince McMahon paid Mike Tyson millions for Wrestlemania...it was for a match where Stone Cold won his first wwf title in the main event. Show ended with them posing together.

I think what seems off is just how stupid they were to pay Floyd money that he didn't approach them for to fight a guy who wasn't good enough to win. PRIDE kept trying to get guys to lose to Takada no matter what but the money difference is huge. I guess a huge event intended to be a semi revival of UWFI being a company is such a weird idea that anything is possible. Still. It's Floyd Mayweather. They obviously didn't make back the money. It's such a weird decision.

You might just be right though. It's crazy enough to be japanese MMA.

Yeah which ever way I spin it, it does not make sense. But I cannot unsee what I saw in that "fight".
Maybe - just maybe - Tenshin knew he had no way of winning, nor was he supposed to, so he just took a way out early in the fight, got his paycheck and went home.

It's not like he went in there thinking he could win this, that is 100% sure.

It’s gonna be a weird feeling when Floyd beats the snot outta this boy and becomes massively popular with MMA fans.

Lobov beat Malignaggi, bareknuckle but still. Conor started out with boxing, he's trained with many boxers and spent months preparing only boxing for Mayweather. Having a boxing match with a fellow youtuber does not make you a boxer.
If at this point you somehow imagine the Paul brothers as training the sport of boxing at a less serious level than Conor thats on you. Conor only needed to train for one boxing match in his life in which he was carried until exhaustion and beaten hilariously. I dont know what has you thinking he has a much greater boxing acumen. He honestly needs to fight someone that same skill level and his size or he in all likelihood badly damages his star power

It’s gonna be a weird feeling when Floyd beats the snot outta this boy and becomes massively popular with MMA fans.

Floyd is an ATG, he’s older, slower and has had hand problems because of years pounding heavy bags. It doesn’t take much to knock someone down, even a weak punch from a boxer is still hard in MMA terms. That said, Jake is a big guy, I hope Floyd still has some snap to make quick work of him and end these circus matches.

It’s just undeserving people getting rich.

No I'm talking about the one where he throws much more than just jabs (are you a blatant liar?), and the one where it's clear that his larger opponent could easily walk through his punches and body him if there wasn't a gentleman's agreement.
yes, the one where he is literally dancing around like an idiot, is an amateur boxer, and the guy pulls a knife him? At this point I'll just assume you are retarded.

If Logan beats Mayweather it would only confirm I'm living in the alternate bizarro world

Sure why not, as long as DLH is doing commentary while stoned.

All Paul has to do is go the distance and that would be a win

Honestly, id rather conor in there than mayweather.

Paul has no worthy business being in there with mayweather and this is coming from someone that thinks hes insanely boring.

This shit didn’t age well. Now Logan Paul humiliated floy and is the most powerful man in the sport. Fuck yeah

Yeah like I was saying either of the Paul Brothers sleep Conor and make it look easy. Case closed bucko

Floyd has the skill and style to neutralize size, Conor doesn't have either of those. I honestly think Logan would beat up Conor.

Back