LocoCoco Bar: I deserve the Nobel Peace Prize for this

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Ignoramus, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Ignoramus

Ignoramus Orange Belt

Not srs, but if you have some coconut oil and chocolate whey protein, try this out.

1. Scoop a tablespoon or two of coconut oil into a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds or so until it turns into liquid form.

2. Mix as much protein powder as you can into the coconut oil along with any additional ingredients you want to play around with like chocolate syrup or cocoa powder. I throw in some fiber husk for shits and giggles -- mostly shits -- and it gives it a nice hint of saltiness akin to peanuts in a chocolate bar. The sweetness of the end product will be determined on what kind of protein powder you're using so feel free to sprinkle in some kind of sweetener and play around with the proportion of ingredients.

3. Take your concoction and put it into the freezer for about 15-20 minutes until it fully hardens.

4. Scoop it out from the edges so it comes out in one piece (this is where a pliable plastic bowl comes in handy) and enjoy. It'll taste about as good as any Hershey's bar with the same consistency and the benefits of a PWO snack.

Someone's probably already come up with this recipe somewhere on the interwebs, but the idea came to me when the gf left the jar of coconut oil in the fridge.

2. Ignoramus

Ignoramus Orange Belt

Update: Used an ice tray.

[​IMG]

Fucking delicious.

3. hardheart

hardheart Brown Belt

Do not microwave oils...

4. spiderguardman

spiderguardman Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Genious!

Although i would not dare have that laying around at home for munchie reasons...

5. JC Denton

JC Denton White Belt

alright, so I just tried it.

tasted and felt awesome, it's so nice and chewy, until about 2 seconds after the first bite.... when the protein powder immediately clumped onto all of my molars, and it felt like my entire mouth was coated in rubber cement.

guess the solution is to dissolve the powder completely beforehand. what do?

6. Nemesis48

Nemesis48 Blue Belt

What he said. You are releasing some nasty shit by doing that TS.

7. BBKAllDay

BBKAllDay Purple Belt

Tried this, and it was nasty as shit. I probably did it wrong though since people here are swearing it's good. Consistency was like cornbread batter, but nowhere near as sweet. Should I have mixed it in a food processor instead of whisking?

8. Ignoramus

Ignoramus Orange Belt

That happens when I use a lot of protein powder, and I don't really mind it. But I guess it could vary with the kind of protein powder you're using. Try using less protein or more coconut oil.

I just mix it with the spoon, man. You're using the kind of coconut oil you get in a glass jar?

[​IMG]

Cornbread batter sounds wrong. Are you letting it harden long enough in the freezer? It should be pretty solid when done right. Also, try adding some kind of sweetener if your protein powder isn't sweet enough.

I don't know how bad nuking coconut oil for like 5 seconds is, but you could always use hot water to liquefy the oil to be safe.

9. Alpha_Wolf

Alpha_Wolf White Belt

nuking coconut oil in "small" increments, like 5-10 seconds to get it liquified is fine.

10. bjjaz

bjjaz Got the Rock...Time to Roll

I tried it too, with Gold Standard Chocolate Whey protein. Was gross. So added a little peanut butter and a little nutella and was delicious. Without some kind of sweetner it is definetly too bitter depending on the type of protein. I'm going to try different ingredients.

11. cooks1

cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are Platinum Member

Really!!!!!! You added peanut butter and nutella to something and it became tasty?!?!?!?!?

I 'm pretty sure you could add peanut butter and nutella to dog shit stir fried in horse semen and it would taste OK.

12. bjjaz

bjjaz Got the Rock...Time to Roll

LOL amazing right? Funny how that works.

13. tstriker

tstriker Yellow Belt

Originally Posted by cooks1 View Post
    Really!!!!!! You added peanut butter and nutella to something and it became tasty?!?!?!?!?

I 'm pretty sure you could add peanut butter and nutella to dog shit stir fried in horse semen and it would taste OK.

OK so I read this, laughed loudly and farted even LOUDER.

14. spiderguardman

Any idea how i could make these lower in kcals?

Im looking for an alternative snack, right now im eating a few puffed rice crackers with peanut butter after work.

I would like to make my snack less carbs and fat but more proteinish.

im thinking about mixing coconut nibs with peanut butter some mixed nuts and protein powder.

Maybe add some chia seeds, cocoa nibs etc.

15. KidAlchemy

KidAlchemy Purple Belt

^^Maybe milk, peanut butter and protein powder?

16. spiderguardman

I tried the following recipe yesterday with good results..

Almonds, hasselnuts, walnuts, protein powder, peanut butter, cocoa powder, coconut oil, a few dates and some plums.

I mixed everything in a food blender or whatever its called.

It turned out to around 800g of a nice cookie dough constistency that i rolled into bars and packed in 50g portions in seran wrap.

Deliciocous and very packed with nutrition!