Economy Lobster plant can't function without TFWs, moves plant and hires middle school children.

Wet Blanket

Bipartisan GIF Machine
@red
Reaction score
New Brunswick Lobster company can't operate because they can't use their usually temporary foreign workers. They had an online job fair to fill the roughly 600 positions aand got only 25 applicants.

So they moved the operation to Nova Scotia and will hire highschoolers ($15/hr) and Middleschoolers ($13/hr with their parents permission).

So yeah, not safe for kids to go to school but we can send them to work in underpaid factory jobs? Why do we have jobs in Canada that pay so low only TFWs will take them?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-...porary-foreign-workers-local-hiring-1.5570176

New Brunswick Lobster company can't operate because they can't use their usually temporary foreign workers. They had an online job fair to fill the roughly 600 positions aand got only 25 applicants.

So they moved the operation to Nova Scotia and will hire highschoolers ($15/hr) and Middleschoolers ($13/hr with their parents permission).

So yeah, not safe for kids to go to school but we can send them to work in underpaid factory jobs? Why do we have jobs in Canada that pay so low only TFWs will take them?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-...porary-foreign-workers-local-hiring-1.5570176
Sounds like good use of your local economy.

If you want adult workers, stop paying them 100% of their salary on unemployment in subsequent months. Reduce it by a percentage, and they will have motive to get back to work.

Those kids will learn more in a few months working in a factory than 12 years in glorified daycare, I mean, school.

Not a bad wage for kids. Better than the lobsters being shipped to China where small children would have the delight of processing the lobsters for pennies an hour.

Good for those kids. They can learn some skills and a little money for themselves. If they don't like it they can just quit.

To be clear, they absolutely could find workers. They couldn't find workers at a wage rate they liked.

That also applies to when they were bringing in foreign workers.

Good... I like my lobsters spiced with children's tears

Kids will earn some money and probably learn some valuable skills, food will get processed and sent to market. I see very little wrong with this?

Looks like $12.55 is min wage in Nova Scotia so $15 isn't all that bad for doing fish plant work.

Jordan Peterson would almost certainly be proud of these industrious children and their lobsters.

Those kids will learn more in a few months working in a factory than 12 years in glorified daycare, I mean, school.
We should close schools and replace them with lobster processing plants.

What do we do though when we don't have enough lobsters for all the kids ? Will the kids learn as well if we substitute crayfish, crabs, clams ?

Back