LMFAO @ Pretentious expert Sherbros believing in the myth of Cruz being the evolution striker in MMA

I never said that he wasnt good.

I said his striking was crap, that it was not the "evolution" of MMA like people claimed...He was clearly overrated.

He is a good fighter, and has good transitions, and footwork is awkward as fuck for manlet fighters which is good I guess.

However, the exaggerations of his striking being the best in MMA, is simply a complete myth, made by pretentious sherbros.

I would only concede that yes his striking was a touch overrated. But he's still a defensive wizard and has the highest defensive numbers in the history of the UFC. That speaks volumes.

So a fighter loses and all of a sudden he's not good ? What an idiot, sure his boxing combos aren't the best example of elite striking but his footwork and head movement are some of the best I've seen for MMA (still remember the Jorgenson and TJ fights). There's no taking away from Cruz , he's defeated some of the best and has held a world title twice in the UFC . Show respect , he'll go down as one of the P4P for years to come.

Crazy how his terrible style was used by tj to destroy barao who was a p4p great on like a 30+ fight win streak

It only works on midgets which is how tj used it to destroy the shorter barao

Since he lost a decision to a younger, faster, stronger opponent WHO SAID HES BEEN STUDYING CRUZ' STYLE SINCE HIGH SCHOOL.... must mean it's garbage

Knew it all along

Something doesn't become a myth the second it stops working. This is a tragically common logical fallacy here at Sherdog.

[Sherdog Logic] Everyone is overrated after a loss [/Sherdog Logic]

Not even that big of a Cruz fan but he does have good striking and it's taken years for his competition to catch up to him. That's not even going into his injury history.

It just always seems deflated when someone has to wait like 10 years for a fighter to lose to unleash their, "see he lost I told you he was overrated!"

You know @Dweeb Jenkins has been waiting since he was in diapers to make this thread.

just like anderson was never that good. See? i can play too.

I always cirticized Dominicks loopy punches.

But he FINALLY lost.
Just doesnt hold weight man..if he lost repeatedly throughout this career because of it, then sure, you have an argument.
But he just lost after tearing things up.

TS was never my friend.

Seriously how the hell isn't TS banned?

Anyways these hindsight expert threads are hilarious and fickle. Would've gotten credit for it before yesterday's card.

What a fucken shit post. Worst one in a while I've seen. Guy loses his second fight ever, avenged his first loss twice, comes back from MULTIPLE surgeries, has fought top 5 guys for like 10 years, usually the top 1 or 2 guy, IS a p4p great, has beat two p4p greats, is widely acclaimed by many experts & fighters to be the exact opposite of what you said, is an . Die in a fire loser.

he just didn't face a good kicker early on (and so far hasn't yet, though the snake showed bits of it). somebody like jose aldo would cripple him quickly and the mick jagger dancing hopping around wouldn't work so well.

were going to act like cody's super human reflexes didn't play a factor? the cruz puzzle finally got solved. it happens to every fighter eventually

I have no idea why people pretended that his striking was the best in MMA.

We had idiots here believing that his striking was on a whole other level, that it's the evolution of MMA.

Boy were you people wrong.

Finally Cruz fights an average size fighter and he gets exposed.

The mans loopy, weird ass punches are a joke. Anybody with = size destroys him, because his striking isn't technical!!!!!!

Yes, his footwork is awkward, but it's not amazing...When you are the same size, Cruz can't control his range.

I just love it, how we had all these pretentious people saying

"Cruz is a technical masterpiece, he is the evolution of MMA, if you don't like em, you're not a fan"

"Wow he is so smart, just look at his footwork, and his amazing looping punches"

I hope you pretentious fake experts, feels like dumbasses today.

Nope.

His footwork is still wizardry and he is still an extremely intelligent fighter.

People like you TS, who have knee jerk reactions after every fight, annoy the hell out of me.

And if you're not knee-jerling and you actually thought Cruz sucks all this time, then you're an idiot who has something to confirm his bias:)

Ignorant youngling. It was never about the striking, it was about his movement. He got out-maneuvered, that doesn't mean he was never good at moving. TJ has based his championship style on Cruz and even CoGar moved a lot like Dom Friday.

Yeah he was clearly a can

Also the following got exposed as cans

GSP
Anderson
Fedor
Hughes
BJ
Cain
JDS

What a bunch of fucking cans..

It's no different around here, when a guy is winning, he is the new evolution of the sport... then he loses, and everything he has accomplished gets flushed down the toilet, he is technically a novice and beat/defended against a bunch of cans...

Nah he just ran into a better fighter who worked out a great game plan with Cruz's past opponents. Still a fantastic striker in my eyes and I never saw a poster here claim you're not an mma fan for not liking his style, the comments I saw were quite understanding why people didn't like his style.

Back