Lmao Trump wants to replace EBT and food stamps with food boxes

What? Just go out on your dock or on your boat and fish.

reece.JPG

Can't do that in much of the world.

Nobody is making that argument. You are.
Well, I only speak for myself, but you're definitely wrong that nobody is making that argument. Anyway, most of the recipients are kids so it's not like bringing kids up is invalid.

We should just force the poor to eat each other!

A lot of those businesses will close up shop once this goes through.

Why would you keep your business in the hood with no one left to sell to?

You're just a target to be robbed at that point.

hiya again Mr. Carter,

the hood?

the Center for Rural Affairs (CFRA) illustrates quite a different reality:

The percentage of eligible people relying on SNAP is higher in rural areas than it is in urban areas. CRA found that nearly 86 percent of eligible rural residents receive SNAP benefits, compared with nearly 73 percent of eligible urban residents.
https://civileats.com/2014/10/09/youll-never-guess-where-food-stamps-are-in-highest-demand/

- IGIT

Well, I only speak for myself, but you're definitely wrong that nobody is making that argument. Anyway, most of the recipients are kids so it's not like bringing kids up is invalid.
What’s wrong with the government distributing food? Or contracting it out?

Should the types of food be restricted so they don’t spend the entire amount on something like energy drinks or lobster?

Your question obscures the main objective which is to cut funding to the program, but the idea is stupid because it will almost certainly end being much more expensive for the government or result in lower benefits being dished out. It also works to further degrade folks who rely on food benefits.

Your question obscures the main objective which is to cut funding to the program. The idea is stupid because it will almost certainly end being much more expensive for the government. It also works to further degrade folks who rely on food benefits.
Blah blah blah

If this works and Is cheaper what’s wrong with it

i have been approached more than once by people trying to sell me their food stamps.

i was seeing this on some of my facebook feeds today and of course everyone was bitching. it was mostly filled with people saying "trump cant tell me how to spend my money" or "he cant pick out food for me. i like this brand or that brand, etc."

well, beggars cant be choosers. this is supposed to be for people to get the necessities. unfortunately people have taken advantage of the system for so long, it has come to this. however, i think it would just be easier to have a restricted list of things you can buy. no candy bars, no ice cream, etc. but people bitch about that too

Blah blah blah

If this works and Is cheaper what’s wrong with it
If you're not interested in a conversation why the fuck do you even bother? You also clearly didn't even read what I wrote.

Dunno if it's been posted yet but this is amazing

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.pol...02/12/food-stamps-trump-administration-343245

"White House OMB Director Mick Mulvaney on Monday hailed the idea as one that kept up with the modern era, calling it a "Blue Apron-type program" — a nod to the high-end meal kit delivery company that had one of the worst stock debuts in 2017 and has struggled to hold onto customers. Mulvaney said the administration’s planwould not only save the government money, but also provide people with more nutritious food than they have now."
The government is going to ship people food. Think about that for a second.

Who profits from setting up and continuing SNAP assistance for the millions of people using that assistance?
With this new plan who will be the one benefiting from it? Who’s going to be making this food? Menus? Transportation and shipping? They will be the ones benefiting the most if this stuff gets off the ground. Not the people who need this assistance. Which leads one to think, who thought up this idea? And why?

Dunno if it's been posted yet but this is amazing

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.pol...02/12/food-stamps-trump-administration-343245

"White House OMB Director Mick Mulvaney on Monday hailed the idea as one that kept up with the modern era, calling it a "Blue Apron-type program" — a nod to the high-end meal kit delivery company that had one of the worst stock debuts in 2017 and has struggled to hold onto customers. Mulvaney said the administration’s planwould not only save the government money, but also provide people with more nutritious food than they have now."

So this is like government cheese on sterioids. Not the worst idea ever

hi and well met, cincy -

part of me - the totalitarian, do-gooder part of me - likes this idea.

i like the idea that, if you're going to use my money to feed yourself, i get to have some say in the matter; i like that the government will force you to at least eat healthily, thereby mitigating the cost it takes to administer your healthcare (which is also probably subsidized).

so, yes, i get it.

the other part of me, though, doesn't like this "one size fits all" approach.

also, there is a whiff of a "nanny state on steroids" to all of this that makes me queasy, you know?

finally, there's something vindictive about this proposal. i mean, why not just give the poor nutriloaf?
  • 6 slices Whole Wheat Bread, finely chopped
  • 4 ounces Non-dairy Cheese, finely grated
  • 4 ounces Raw Carrots, finely grated
  • 12 ounces Spinach, canned, drained
  • 4 ounces Seedless Raisins
  • 2 cups Great Northern Beans, cooked and drained
  • 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
  • 6 ounces Tomato Paste
  • 8 ounces Milk, powdered, instant nonfat/skim
  • 6 ounces Potato Flakes, dehydrated
that's all the poor need to eat, afterall.

this whole idea seems kind of humiliating, to be honest.

- IGIT

They’ll kill the poor! What about little billy?!

Same old argument to anything

Dont lie, you know you get erect at the thought of beating up and killing poor, disadvantaged people you tough man.

Why not feed them expired MREs? I'm sure the military needs to get rid of some crap they have in stock. Poor people would eat a lot better and they could potentially earn some money on Youtube doing reviews. Not to mention they would get their cigarettes for free. It's a win win situation!

So much fiber and calories lol.

hi and well met, cincy -

i like the idea that, if you're going to use my money to feed yourself, i get to have some say in the matter; i like that the government will force you to at least eat healthily, thereby mitigating the cost it takes to administer your healthcare (which is also probably subsidized).

so, yes, i get it.

also, there is a whiff of a "nanny state on steroids" to all of this that makes me queasy, you know?

finally, there's something vindictive about this proposal. i mean, why not just give the poor nutriloaf?
  • 6 ounces Tomato Paste

- IGIT

You know, that nutriloaf doesn't sound too bad. I know what I'm havin for lunch tomorrow!

If you're not interested in a conversation why the fuck do you even bother? You also clearly didn't even read what I wrote.
You’re not interested in convo. You’re interested in the what about Little billy comments. Stay focused and I won’t point it out

You’re not interested in convo. You’re interested in the what about Little billy comments. Stay focused and I won’t point it out
I already addressed your stupid point and you said "we'll you're arguing that not others". I pointed out that was false. Did you forget this already? Plus you clearly punted on a real response to the last one.

Again, what is the point if that's your attitude?

hi and well met, cincy -

so, yes, i get it.

• 6 ounces Tomato Paste

- IGIT

Put it in a box the same way you get dildos, copies of Mein komf or nickelback albums you don’t want people to see. If they can handle that we can handle some food. Plus the states would be making the cal about what’s in them.

Crazy idea

Try a small pilot program

Back