Lmao Trump wants to replace EBT and food stamps with food boxes

There is nothing in an MRE that values $7.25 - this sounds like grossly inflated "government" costs. Like paying $7.00 for a nail or 25 million for a refrigerator.

Not saying you're lying, or even wrong. I'm just saying the actual contents are in no way worth $7.25

mre-contents-800.jpg
That's the point though - what do you think is more cost effective - Giving people a weekly (?) box of goods that has to be planned, dietary requirements taken into account, collected, packaged, chilled/frozen, stored, shipped, delivered (or stored and chilled/frozen for collection), OR giving people not quite enough money to do all that for themselves?

This is a great idea. Now these lazy fucks can’t trade them in to get cash or use the money at fucking McDonald’s or papa johns.

Save that money baby. Start giving these clowns a reason to better themselves. All while forcing them to use it on healthier food.

#Trump2020

hi Byron Carter,

i sometimes watch endless loops of MRE videos when i'm very high - its not that hard to see how they'd cost around seven bucks.

two of those things will take care of all the caloric and nutritional needs for an adult - and they have a shelf life of 5 years. plus, there's that heat pack thingy that's in all of them.

i like the boutique element of the tiny bottle of Tabasco sauce that the US Government provides.

in either case, its not cost effective to provide these to folks on SNAP.

- IGIT

It's impossible to argue either way, but I would just ask any fair-minded person if they would pay $7.25 for this...

mre.jpg

As some others have said, this would be a logistical nightmare to implement. And from what I read it's somehow supposed save money when it comes to the budget of SNAP. Really? How the hell are you going to deliver customized food packages to millions of people and have it cost less than those people going out and buying their own food? It makes zero sense. There's a reason why Blue Apron and all the other companies like them cost a SHITLOAD more than buying the same stuff at the grocery store.

That's the point though - what do you think is more cost effective - Giving people a weekly (?) box of goods that has to be planned, dietary requirements taken into account, collected, packaged, chilled/frozen, stored, shipped, delivered (or stored and chilled/frozen for collection), OR giving people not quite enough money to do all that for themselves?
Of course you're right, but the whole idea is to cut funding to the program. If the proposal didn't accomplish that, they wouldn't push it. The stupidity, as you pointed out, is this would very likely cost more than just giving poor people cash for food.

And the idea that poor people are eating steak with food stamps as one of the country's pressing issues is absurd to begin with.

There is nothing in an MRE that values $7.25 - this sounds like grossly inflated "government" costs. Like paying $7.00 for a nail or 25 million for a refrigerator.

Not saying you're lying, or even wrong. I'm just saying the actual contents are in no way worth $7.25

mre-contents-800.jpg

Just curious where you are getting that this is what Trump is proposing. Your picture doesn't look anything like what they are describing.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/12/food-stamps-trump-administration-343245

... the Department of Agriculturei s calling “America’s Harvest Box.” That package would be made up of "100 percent U.S. grown and produced food" and would include items like shelf-stable milk, peanut butter, canned fruits and meats, and cereal.

Of course you're right, but the whole idea is to cut funding to the program. If the proposal didn't accomplish that, they wouldn't push it.

And the idea that poor people are eating steak with food stamps as one of the country's pressing issues is absurd to begin with.

I've seen it with my own eyes.

Granted - it's because they will steal it from other poor people, or sell drugs for food stamps and/or actual postal stamps.

hello The ScorpioN,

i can see the pros and cons of it.

on one hand, i like the idea that if folks are to get a food subsidy, they are forced by the government to eat the food the government wants them to eat.

on the other hand, the italicized part bugs me.

- IGIT

giphy.gif

It's impossible to argue either way, but I would just ask any fair-minded person if they would pay $7.25 for this...

mre.jpg

heya Byron Carter,

with a huge, white porcelain plate, some creative use of negative spacing, along with some appropriate swirls from the sauces during plating (and maybe some kind of garnish from the potato sticks, crafted vertically)?

sure.

seven dollars sounds about right.

- IGIT

Granted - it's because they will steal it from other poor people, or sell drugs for food stamps and/or actual postal stamps.
What's wrong with poor people having decent food once in a while? Should they have to eat Soylent or something as punishment for their moral failings?

What's wrong with poor people having decent food once in a while? Should they have to eat Soylent or something as punishment for their moral failings?

I'd like to see no more poor people - by providing them with incentive and opportunity..

Teach a man to fish, etc.

heya Byron Carter,

with a huge, white porcelain plate, some creative use of negative spacing, along with some appropriate swirls from the sauces during plating (and maybe some kind of garnish from the potato sticks, crafted vertically)?

sure.

seven dollars sounds about right.

- IGIT

Somebodies worked in Hospo :) I loled at negative spacing.

One of the good things about EBT is that it actually does drive the economy a bit by having people purchase the stuff at their local supermarkets.

Yeah this will hit businesses hard. That's a lot of SNAP dollars flying out the window.

Huh? The argument is unlucky people should still be able to eat. The counter-argument from the right is sure, but we should cut it back because they're (insert insult) so we can cut taxes on corporations, or whatever.
Nobody is making that argument. You are.

I'd like to see no more poor people - by providing them with incentive and opportunity..

Teach a man to fish, etc.

It's hard to fish when corporations own all the fishing rights and gone burnt earth on the ocean.

Yeah this will hit businesses hard. That's a lot of SNAP dollars flying out the window.

A lot of those businesses will close up shop once this goes through.

Why would you keep your business in the hood with no one left to sell to?

You're just a target to be robbed at that point.

I didn't say I doubt it happens I'm saying it's like priority number one million on the list of problems the country has to solve.

A lot of those businesses will close up shop once this goes through.

Why would you keep your business in the hood with no one left to sell to?

You're just a target to be robbed at that point.
Yikes

Back