Lmao Trump wants to replace EBT and food stamps with food boxes

There is no American human who believes this would work. But there are a lot of people who would like to see poor people suffer while companies scam the taxpayers. It makes no sense, but that's the way it is.

That's a really good point. Let's say they do, and the wrong box gets delivered. How does this situation get rectified such that the person can eat tonight?

This is the very definition of bigger government. And if we know anything, it's that the government can't tie it's own shoes without spending $15,000.

Exactly right...

Like I said earlier, in theory this sounds like a great idea...in practice it will be a disaster

Awww damn you mean less free stuff?

Liberals are having autistic meltdowns nationwide.

That's not the point. The point is that these people need to be fed, so the government steps in and assists feeding them. So whats the problem if they get sent well rounded nutritional meals? It sounds kind of entitled and spoiled to turn your nose up at government assisted meals, because you don't want to eat your peas. Like I said before I'm fine with the current system, but would be fine with the one mentioned in the OP as well.
So just to be sure, you're okay with 50 million Americans receiving government rations?

That sounds like a horrifying proposition to me I'd much rather just keep the current wasteful system- at least that doesn't have nearly the potential for disaster as government sanctioned rations, which is a small step away from The Gulag.

Would also cut down on trading EBT money for cash.

Maybe even cut down on obesity amongst poor people.

Could be a decent idea depending on the implementation.
It's a bad idea. Because people need to be able to buy the food they want. They aren't prisoners to be forced to eat what the government provides them with, even though for some folks the government option might be more nutritious.

Just fucking make junk food ineligible to be paid with ebt. I'm not sure why that's so complicated.

Wow... That's fucked up. Those must be some piss poor districts. Every teacher I ever knew throughout the years seemed to do alright.

Do you think people who went to college and graduated and are benefiting society by being teachers instead of being another Walmart or Mcdonalds drone should be on food stamps just so the oligarchs can get a bigger tax break or the Pentagon can piss away more money?

I'm just in awe that conservatives are putting forth the idea that the government should tell people what they can and can't eat. And then this overtly communist idea of actual rations for American citizens.

Truly mindblowing.

People are free to eat whatever they want. This is about telling people how they may spend government money.

That said I don't think this is the best way to go about it.

Remember when liberals hailed Michelle Obama for being a part of these super high quality and nutritional meals?

27973405_1628144910610970_4000757912876940880_n.jpg

Defense spending is jumping to $713 billion and you didn't have a problem with it, but for some reason, EBT needs to "make changes to our system?"

This is a program that actually benefits Americans.
They will still get food ding dong.

Tell me how you think it is possible to make planning, adjusting for dietary requirements, sourcing, collating, packing, chilling, storing, shipping, storing and chilling or delivering CHEAPER than giving someone (a little less than is needed) money to spend and do make them do those things themselves.
So you’re saying the government should never give food out to people and should instead give money to he people to buy it themselves....if only there was some example we could use where we demanded govt give food and water out or even some longstanding situations where they do it across the whole planet daily...

So you’re saying the government should never give food out to people and should instead give money to he people to buy it themselves....

I'm saying replacing SNAP/TANF with food boxes on a large scale is stupid, demeaning, impractical and expensive. If done to save money it won't work.

I'm saying replacing SNAP/TANF with food boxes on a large scale is stupid, demeaning, impractical and expensive. If done to save money it won't work.
because there is no other situation where the same govt saying they can do this is actually doing it on a grand scale across the entire planet already daily

But you know what you can't use food stamps for? Diapers. And other non-food necessities.

Use cloth diapers, they're washable and easier on the baby's skin. Yeah, cleaning baby shit is kinda gross but just spray it off outside.

Dunno if it's been posted yet but this is amazing

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.pol...02/12/food-stamps-trump-administration-343245

"White House OMB Director Mick Mulvaney on Monday hailed the idea as one that kept up with the modern era, calling it a "Blue Apron-type program" — a nod to the high-end meal kit delivery company that had one of the worst stock debuts in 2017 and has struggled to hold onto customers. Mulvaney said the administration’s planwould not only save the government money, but also provide people with more nutritious food than they have now."

If they also replace corporate welfare with food boxes, I'm all for it.

Wrong. It's a simple concept, really.

In exchange for excluding people from land that allows them to produce for themselves, and forcing them to participate in the market to make rent instead, we provide compensation when the market is not capable of ensuring everyone's basic needs are met.

Don't mind him. @HatchetHarry lived with his parents and they paid for everything including food and schooling until he was 27. So he has no idea what it takes for an adult to feed themselves, let alone a family with kids

Back