Lloyd Irvin's students accused of brutal rape (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon Lloyd is going to do a webinar to answer all questions about the events. It's only $599, or $1299 w/ sound. aditional $399 per question, 5 questions per person to be paid for up front at the time of registration. Registration ends and is gone forever in 15 minutes.

Best response in four threads

Can't help but be reminded of the Jon Jones drunk driving incident. Suddenly there were a hundred threads with thousands of posts accusing Jon of being the worst thing since Hitler. Weeks before, Ross Pearson had been arrested for drunk driving and the only people posting in that thread were saying he was forgiven for making a human mistake.

I realize that attempted rape and drunk driving are not the same, but the circumstances are similar. Public figure hated for his personality, bad news comes to light--and what happens? "I knew it! He does deserve all the hate I've been generated towards him these past months!"

Unfortunately for Lloyd, he fucked up. And it is a pretty reprehensible mistake. But, more unfortunately for him, he doesn't know how to deal with negative attention. He could have brushed this off relatively easily.

the seminar may have been free but it was marketing none the less, to try and get new students

That's my point. Lloyd fucked up. He fucked up in 1989 and now keeping silence.

What do he do if you are his PR consultant?

That's been covered many times.

"When I was younger I made a huge mistake that almost ruined my life. I was lucky to get a second chance and I've tried to make the most of it. I've dedicated my life to ... blah blah blah"

Should have been the first thing he did.

devnull who appears to be close to the source admits he could, but just doesn't feel like he owes any explanation.

Ok, then, that in itself show us something, doesn't it.

Combine that with his camps' responses. Not a pretty picture of current day TLI.

For those who now know, being silent about it and going on with business as usual with TLI is giving tacit approval to victim blaming and dodging responsibility for your past misdeeds. ANd that's why this will haunt him for the rest of his life now, no matter what happens. He might have been able to put a lid on it, but went about it all wrong and blew it up into something bigger. All self-inflicted damage that didn't have to be.

I want Lloyd Irvin to make himself available for questioning on the events that transpired 20 years ago. This would be a first step in earning some respect and credibility.

This will never happen. No public figure would subject himself to questioning by the general public in a situation like this. And why should he? The questions would likely paint him in the worst light imaginable, and his answers would just add fuel to the fire. For that matter, would you really believe his answers anyway?

Devnull, what is your relationship to Lloyd? I believe you've ignored this a few times now.

Actually, he's answered several times that he has no direct relationship to Lloyd Irvin, and does not respresent him in any way.

For those of you ready to forgive him and look past this, doesn't it bother you in the slightest that a self confessed attempted rapist is now teaching a rape prevention seminar? I'd never allow a former paedo to teach my child how to prevent getting molested. Why would I treat an attempted rapist any differently?

That's been covered many times.

"When I was younger I made a huge mistake that almost ruined my life. I was lucky to get a second chance and I've tried to make the most of it. I've dedicated my life to ... blah blah blah"

Should have been the first thing he did.

devnull who appears to be close to the source admits he could, but just doesn't feel like he owes any explanation.

Ok, then, that in itself show us something, doesn't it.

Combine that with his camps' responses. Not a pretty picture of current day TLI.

For those who now know, being silent about it and going on with business as usual with TLI is giving tacit approval to victim blaming and dodging responsibility for your past misdeeds. ANd that's why this will haunt him for the rest of his life now, no matter what happens. He might have been able to put a lid on it, but went about it all wrong and blew it up into something bigger. All self-inflicted damage that didn't have to be.

So you're telling me that no matter what Lloyd Irvin does right now, he's fucked for life?

What would you expect his response would be then? Of course he's going to bunker down and hold his ground. I mean as a community, we've already painted him as a devil that he was 20+ years ago.

the seminar may have been free but it was marketing none the less, to try and get new students

I get frequent flyer miles when I put things on my credit card, but that doesn't mean I'm using it to accumulate miles. Sometimes there is an ancillary benefit to doing something, doesn't necessarily mean it's the primary motivation.

Lloyd will not say anything due to the possiblity of re-igniting that old case in 1989. He would be under legal advice to say nothing even if it is a PR nightmare.

So you're telling me that no matter what Lloyd Irvin does right now, he's fucked for life?

What would you expect his response would be then? Of course he's going to bunker down and hold his ground. I mean as a community, we've already painted him as a devil that he was 20+ years ago.

The damage starts to heal the moment he mans up on this, and accumulates until then.

I'm not sure that he's fucked for life. He may be. If he is he has only himself to blame.

His *only* chance is to show enough character to own it all, all of it, every bit, including the behavior of those close to him.

But he won't. He's already show us he doesn't have that kind of character. I'll gladly eat those words if he proves me wrong.

Dj Jackson BB NO GI WORLDS CHAMP!!!

No-Gi Worlds, the tournament known primarily for the people that don't show up to compete in it. I said a BB Worlds Champion.

Oh, and if one no-gi BB champ makes TLI an Empire, what does that make The Avengers, Team Cicero Costha, and Soul Fighters, all teams that also won BB gold at no-gi Worlds.

Ich bitte dich, du Null, musst du dich SO anstrengen um TLI anzubeten? Tragisch...

This will never happen. No public figure would subject himself to questioning by the general public in a situation like this. And why should he? The questions would likely paint him in the worst light imaginable, and his answers would just add fuel to the fire. For that matter, would you really believe his answers anyway?

Short of this, I can't see how Lloyd clears his name. The facts of the case remain and I find them impossible to defend. If he can provide a plausible explanation the I'm willing to listen.

Actually, he's answered several times that he has no direct relationship to Lloyd Irvin, and does not respresent him in any way.

I likely was confused since everyone is referring to him otherwise.

I get frequent flyer miles when I put things on my credit card, but that doesn't mean I'm using it to accumulate miles. Sometimes there is an ancillary benefit to doing something, doesn't necessarily mean it's the primary motivation.

It looks pretty bad regardless of the intention, but given the pattern of behavior it seems likely that was intented to help cover the SEO tracks as well as generate news that he was against rape to counter the charges from his past.

Lloyd will not say anything due to the possiblity of re-igniting that old case in 1989. He would be under legal advice to say nothing even if it is a PR nightname.

I just don't see how that is true. There was nothing, no testimony or evidence, in the old court reports about him performing or attempting to perform any violence except the rape attempt itself, he wasn't ever the one holding her down, wasn't the first in the room, didn't start it. All those guys went to jail for the rape. His faults are things beyond what he could be help criminally accountable for. Being there and not stopping it, trying to participate, etc

I don't think he's fucked for life. People are quick to forget/forgive, especially sports fans. Of course Sherdog will never forget, though.

I don't think he's fucked for life. People are quick to forget/forgive, especially sports fans. Of course Sherdog will never forget, though.

People forgive and forget when people take ownership and responsability. Clinton was forgiven, Nixon was not. Lloyd is taking the Nixon approach and the ship will sink for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back