Rumored Live Concert To Take Place At UFC 242 Abu Dhabi - Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Slapping bass over generic rap-rock doesn't make you innovative. But thanks for letting me know you have a bad taste in music.
Thanks for letting us know you’ve heard about 5% of their repertoire. Make sure you let everybody know your elitist music taste on an MMA forum.

Is this him repaying the fans for Silva v Maia?

Damn Red Hot Chili Peppers must not being so good if they getting booked for Abu Dhabi. Who exactly in Abu Dhabi is their target audience? I'm having a hard time seeing people in the UAE jamming a washed up band from 20 years ago.....

d05fb7a100d63254ec8272d7ec6efddd.gif

"Must not being so good" ?

Do people on this site no longer even try to speak english?

Slapping bass over generic rap-rock doesn't make you innovative. But thanks for letting me know you have a bad taste in music.

Curious to know what your perspective is on what is innovative in rock music....now or anytime. Not doubting you or anything, just talking music and curious.

Name a more innovative rock band since the 80s with mainstream success?
...and if such a band even does exist... do you think just maybe they might cite RHCP as an influence??

Anyway, thats ancillary.

RHCP are washed up, and Abu Dhabi def does not seem like a proper audience/venue

Anthony Kiedis is a poor mans Mike Patton. California>Californication.
I like Peppers for some things, but they way the fucked over Patton is unforgivable. California is an amazing album and I love the way the classic americana tone gets warped throughout. And what kinda fuckin madman throws in a kecak chant?

Debut album had some great ones too.

Name a more innovative rock band since the 80s with mainstream success?
...and if such a band even does exist... do you think just maybe they might cite RHCP as an influence??

Anyway, thats ancillary.

RHCP are washed up, and Abu Dhabi def does not seem like a proper audience/venue
I'll respect any band that you could make the argument that everyone likes at least one of their songs. Run the gamut and don't pigeonhole themselves to a genre. RHCP have attacked quite a lot over their career, you almost can't hate everything.

And although the average sound for Muse has softened over time and they've definitely not seen the same heights of mainstream success or longevity, I'd nominate them for the challenge. And I'd think they'd absolutely cite the Peppers

They couldn't do better than that? Abu Dhabi partying like it's 1999.

Back