Little tricks that make a huge difference

They teach a lot of such dirty tricks in amateurs too
I learnt the toilet paper taping "trick" from some random guy at my 2nd fight. After taping up and walking around waiting for time to get in; Overheard it from beside me, then he ended up telling me the whole process and trade secrets while bragging. LOL

...but ofc, "ammy' are just bums" <Lmaoo>.
Person who doesn't have income = bum
Ammys dont get paid = bum
Ammy's coach or gf pays for the lifestyle because they think they're the next prospect in history: Ammy gets lazy and comfortable, plays video games all day and eventually stops training = bum

Tensing can make huge refinement to technique. It sharpens once attacking tool (foot control or hand) and tends to put the hip in natural alignment with the rest of the body. What otherwise might happen is that some parts of the body are asleep/sloppy, making the technical delivery look uneven. Tensing is only done a split second before delivery.

1) we are all humans: i think everybody who train and fight, comes to a point where you understand that no matter who they put against you, its another human. Not a demon or a Terminator.

When you understand (and really believe) that, you will also find out that you can do sparring against people way above your own skill level. As long as you just try to keep your head above the water and survive, you can train with monsters, and learn alot.

The "just human" thing will also help to set you free when you go into the ring to fight.

This is really important and something I think a lot of people (including myself) have gone through especially if you're newer and/or one of the smaller guys training.

I've gone through this process when initially starting to spar a lot, and then went through it again when I started training in amateur/pro classes where basically everyone is more experienced and more skilled than me.

It can take a while to get through this process even if you know that it's happening and it's definitely frustrating and at times demoralizing. But, once you get a couple good rounds in and realize that even though you're outgunned you can still land stuff and set things up and get a good round in despite not really being on their same level.

Does anyone have tips for holding pads (focus mitts) for heavy hitters?

I don't have trouble with holding pads for fighters, guys that are 135-155 lbers, but I have trouble with some of the newer, bigger guys at the gym.

I think it's because they put all of their bodyweight and basically throw themselves into shots. My shoulders end up feeling worn out, especially on hooks. Is there a way to possibly make it more bearable?

Does anyone have tips for holding pads (focus mitts) for heavy hitters?

I don't have trouble with holding pads for fighters, guys that are 135-155 lbers, but I have trouble with some of the newer, bigger guys at the gym.

I think it's because they put all of their bodyweight and basically throw themselves into shots. My shoulders end up feeling worn out, especially on hooks. Is there a way to possibly make it more bearable?
keep it tighter to your body or double up on the pads to brace (one behind the other)

You gotta sweep the leg.

Mass equals power. You can't pivot your hips if you don't preload your weight. 100% weight on the back foot 100% power on the rear hand. There is no such thing as balance, balance is the manipulation of weight transferal. (If you try to keep "balanced" 50/50 distribution of weight all your doing is compromising power and athletic performance).

Tensing can make huge refinement to technique. It sharpens once attacking tool (foot control or hand) and tends to put the hip in natural alignment with the rest of the body. What otherwise might happen is that some parts of the body are asleep/sloppy, making the technical delivery look uneven. Tensing is only done a split second before delivery.
Bullshit. Athletic prowess is disengaging the opposing muscle groups @Sano

Back