Little tip for those who lift in Chucks...

^^ Then you might want to close your eyes.

Phineas: Through the eye of the needle
It's time to loosen your tongue
Got a tip how to make ends meet
Singers (and crowd): A-G-L-E-T, don't forget it.
Phineas: Gets us all up on our feet, yeah, yeah, yeah
Singers: A-G-L-E-T, (AGLET!) don't forget it.
A-G-L-E-T, (AGLET!) don't forget it.

Singers: A-G-L-E-T, (AGLET!) Don't forget it.
Phineas: (We're tyin' the world together)
Phineas: (We're tyin' the world together)
Phineas: (We're gonna tie the world together!)
Phineas: One word at a time!

Phineas: Ladies and gentlemen, my sister, Candace Flynn!

Candace: And in the end, the most important thing
Is that we never forget
The end of a shoelace is called the... the... uh...
Wait a minute! It doesn't matter! I can't believe I was almost sucked into this!
Phineas: I can't believe you still haven't learned the word. I mean, we spelled it a bunch of times in the song.

(During end credits)
Phineas: Too much information
But keep your eye on the ball
We're going to drive it hard to the hole, yeah.
Singers: A-G-L-E-T, Don't forget it.
Phineas: Brings us closer to our sole, yeah.

Phineas: One word at a time!

Candace (shouting in background): It doesn't matter!

A-G-L-E-T - Phineas and Ferb Wiki - Your Guide to Phineas and Ferb

Why would you use a paracord belt or sling?

I have used my rigger's belt for about 3 years now and yes, I have rappelled down several buildings with it.

optacticalgear_2119_99349309

Its kind of a joke (but kinda not). In the nutjob survivalist circles a lot of people obsess with how much paracord they can carry discretely. A belt and sling can be disassembled and used as cordage if the need should arriseand (ie stranded on a desert island.) Paracord is particularly loved in these communities sinces its seven internal strands can be removed and used where likghter cord will do the job or may be needed (fishing line). This essentially gives you8x the length of your original cordage. However the likelihood you'll EVER have to go to such lengths to survive since almost all search and rescue cases are under 72 hours, is slim to none. The cast away situation is the only one I can think of. Otherwise you'll be more than a little hesitant to start disassembling your belt and pulling out your shoelaces.

i have been lifting in my wrestling shoes since they were the only flat bottom/high tops I had. Is that ok SC forum?

i have been lifting in my wrestling shoes since they were the only flat bottom/high tops I had. Is that ok SC forum?

I've been lifting in wrestling shoes for the past 16 years, I also have a pair of low top Chucks I lift in as well. I find them both great for lifting in, the only difference is the wrestling shoes are better for exercises like lunges because they're more flexible but, you can't go wrong with either one of them, they're both great for lifting.

Its kind of a joke (but kinda not). In the nutjob survivalist circles a lot of people obsess with how much paracord they can carry discretely. A belt and sling can be disassembled and used as cordage if the need should arriseand (ie stranded on a desert island.) Paracord is particularly loved in these communities sinces its seven internal strands can be removed and used where likghter cord will do the job or may be needed (fishing line). This essentially gives you8x the length of your original cordage. However the likelihood you'll EVER have to go to such lengths to survive since almost all search and rescue cases are under 72 hours, is slim to none. The cast away situation is the only one I can think of. Otherwise you'll be more than a little hesitant to start disassembling your belt and pulling out your shoelaces.

Dude, you're going to be so ready for the zombie apocalypse.

On a lighter note, this has potential too look extremely cool :D I have the all-black Chucks, and used black paracord, but it would probably look sweet with OD green or something.

Lots of guys do that. I tried it. Wasn't for me. But lots of guys like it.

Used my Asics wrestling shoes a few times for DL and didn't like it. Think it was because the bottoms are so gummy that when I started pulling all the weight went through my heels and felt like there was a delay before they made contact with the ground. To mushy and uncomfortable. Don't enjoy barefoot either. Chucks for me.

Ah thanks y'all. I like em so will stick with it, since it seems harmless but since my twin brother lifts in chucks I will borrow his next week (he has a fight and isn't lifting) just to see if I like em better. Shit I am the one that bought them for him anyway.

Lifting in running shoes...sheesh :)

Back