Little Guys in Lifting

Hmm... Interesting thread. So if I'm 5'7 and have the goal of weighing no more than 165lbs while joining the 1,000 club, that's not unreasonable?

Hmm... Interesting thread. So if I'm 5'7 and have the goal of weighing no more than 165lbs while joining the 1,000 club, that's not unreasonable?

i'm 5'7", 155 and in 1,000 club. I don't think you'll have much of a problem getting into the 1,100 club at 165.

Is there a reason why nobody is calling shenanigans on that video? Is the guy supremely trusted and/or known in the strength community? Because that seems like something almost no human should be able to do, and would be considered one of the strongest people on earth if he/she could. Or is my perception of strength skewed?

EDIT: I did the following: I entered 519 pounds times 12 reps into a 1RM calculator, which yielded a one rep max of 748 lbs - this is 4.38 times the body weight of the guy in the video. Considering that he does a lot more than 12 reps (though 15 of the reps are without pause), even if the calculator is somewhat off this would make him as strong as Lamar Gant, or in that ballpark. I am skeptical, though I want to be impressed.

Is a video of Vincent Urbank doing 500lbs for 20 and hes a beast so im abit skeptical on this.

YouTube - 500x20 deadlift Vince Urbank

That's not unusual at all. My deadlift is at least 100 lbs higher than my squat. Probably closer to 120 lbs higher, I will find out in a little over a week exactly how much.

I'm 155 and my DL is 140lbs greater than my best squat (315). I don't find that to be unusual. I've got long arms and I'm relatively short. I think my body type simply favors the deadlift.

162lbs. It's not that my DL is higher than my squat, it's a lot higher and the difference is greater than anyone elses I know of, something like 100lbs difference. Or is that not all that unusual?

162lbs. It's not that my DL is higher than my squat, it's a lot higher and the difference is greater than anyone elses I know of, something like 100lbs difference. Or is that not all that unusual?

Ima be the odd one out! yes i squat more then i deadlift...

1RM calculators lose accuracy in rep ranges higher than about 5.

i'm 5'7", 155 and in 1,000 club. I don't think you'll have much of a problem getting into the 1,100 club at 165.

yeah man, I've got a few kids that are in the 1000 club that weigh less than 150. My 148er has flirted with 1250, his younger brother is at around 1000 and will be in the 132s. its fun to watch the little guys move big weights.

Hooray for the little guys! I started out reading this forum at a soaking wet 130, now about 1.5 years later I am a solid 145. I go to a school with a lot of guido meatheads doing curls and deadlifting 225, so its fun to waltz into the weight room sometimes as the smallest guy moving the most weight.

Im small... right now im under 150 but im also training regularly in stand up so that tends to be more cardio driven.

My numbers are still respectable. I dont think people care about the size, they care about numbers.

like me putting up at 315 DL at my gym at 150 lbs isnt as impressive to a bar body as a guy whos 225 lifting 405.

Really, i lifted over double my body weight. The other guy lifted less. But to the untrained eye, the bigger guy destroyed me and is the better lifter.

I got a good gym so i never get the harassment... until january, then i have every fat ass in the gym trying to give me tips.

Frickin' awesome. You just gave me some motivation.

I got a good gym so i never get the harassment... until january, then i have every fat ass in the gym trying to give me tips.

Reminds me of yesterday... Some guy was watching me bench (I'm doing a modified 5/3/1 program) and told me I was wasting my time doing such low reps, and that I needed to do at least 12-15 if I "want to get a good pump and become powerful." I then watched him bench the 60% of my max about 25 times, just bouncing the bar off of his chest and using about 2 inches of travel. Why do people always feel the need to give their 2 cents?

hearing yalls totals is really kicking my butt! keep it up guys!

That's not unusual at all. My deadlift is at least 100 lbs higher than my squat. Probably closer to 120 lbs higher, I will find out in a little over a week exactly how much.

Ah good to know it's normal, back to deadlifting I go:D

Is there a reason why nobody is calling shenanigans on that video? Is the guy supremely trusted and/or known in the strength community? Because that seems like something almost no human should be able to do, and would be considered one of the strongest people on earth if he/she could. Or is my perception of strength skewed?

EDIT: I did the following: I entered 519 pounds times 12 reps into a 1RM calculator, which yielded a one rep max of 748 lbs - this is 4.38 times the body weight of the guy in the video. Considering that he does a lot more than 12 reps (though 15 of the reps are without pause), even if the calculator is somewhat off this would make him as strong as Lamar Gant, or in that ballpark. I am skeptical, though I want to be impressed.

In the comments he says his 1RM is 300kg.

In the comments he says his 1RM is 300kg.

Yeah this is one of the (multiples) reasons why I have troubles believing this vid

520*26 ( even with pauses ) for a 660lbs 1RM ????

The first 15 reps are without pause , RAW and with three times BW load (-___-)

google videos for chris spealer. he is like 140 lbs and is bad ass as fuck.

Back