Listing accurate heights might help influence betting lines

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor Mcgregor is a legit 5 foot 9.

Tyron Woodley is shorter than he’s billed. He’s not 5’9 he’s 5’7 or 5’8 and jacked.

Randy is not 6’2

GSP is a legit 5 foot 10 or 5’9 and a half

upload_2020-1-10_9-40-35.jpeg

upload_2020-1-10_9-42-19.jpeg

upload_2020-1-10_9-42-49.jpeg

I agree but these are not good pictures as evidence. Some guys wear footwear and some don’t for the weigh-in face off. Until they do actual measurements, the in cage shots of them going over the instructions is going to be your best bet to get an accurate picture of their height.

"KANE!!! By Gawd... He must be over seven and a half feet tall"

dfng2ipwt4wy.jpg

<27>

Your own guessed heights are just as incorrect!
Conor's 5'8 and half.

And no way is Woodley 5'7

UFC always lies with fighter heights. they claim that Rashad Evans is 6 foot (6'0'') thats what he is officially listed as on UFC.com .. which is totally not true. I saw Rashad in person at UFC Fan Expo in 2014 and no way is he 6 foot. he is 5'10'' at the max!!!!. and even thats being very kind, probably 5'9'' 1/2

Most of the fighters were sitting down signing at the fan expo so I can't see their height, but Rashad was standing and he ain't over 5'10''.

Most seasoned betters would look to check that info in some way before placing a bet, and wouldn’t take a listing at face value

Some fighters cut height. How can you know what height they are at fight time?

upload_2020-1-10_9-56-59.jpeg

upload_2020-1-10_9-57-17.jpeg

You tellin' me Ronda's not 8' 9"?

Mind blown!!!!

I agree with the overall sentiment that heights are inaccurate, but some of the pictures you see aren't a good barometer. Guys are slouching, wearing different shoes, etc. The most egregious one I can think of is Carwin being listed at 6'5".

I agree but these are not good pictures as evidence. Some guys wear footwear and some don’t for the weigh-in face off. Until they do actual measurements, the in cage shots of them going over the instructions is going to be your best bet to get an accurate picture of their height.

I just don't understand. they weigh each fighter...making sure their exact weight...why can't they do that for height...every fighter has to go through a medical checkup to fight...at some point, why can't their height be measured? i'm sure the ufc is aware of the huge discrepancies in reported heights of fighters...people have been complaining about it for years now...so why don't they measure them? it would literally take 10 seconds...

Your own guessed heights are just as incorrect!
Conor's 5'8 and half.

And no way is Woodley 5'7
Conor-McGregor-and-Nate-Diaz.jpg

1 ) Obviously conor is smaller than nate diaz who is 6"00 so 1.83 m.
So conor's height << 6"00/1m83

Romero2.jpg

2 ) Conor looked a little bit smaller than romero ( romero's real height is hard to find but according to his manager romero is 5"9/5"10 )
- So Conor's height < 5"10
rafael-dos-anjos-conor-mcgregor-ufc-197-pre.jpg

3 ) Conor is slightly taller than RDA
- So conor's height > 5"7
conor-mcgregor-ufc-1518903.jpg

khabib-conor-ufc229-presser-750.jpg

4 ) Conor looked slightly smaller than Khabib by maybe 1 or 2 cm.
So conor's height < 5ft9 and a quarter

Conclusion : conor is 5ft9 most likely ( same as poirier and they indeed looked the same height )

Conor-McGregor-and-Nate-Diaz.jpg

1 ) Obviously conor is smaller than nate diaz who is 6"00 so 1.83 m.
So conor's height << 6"00/1m83

Romero2.jpg

2 ) Conor looked a little bit smaller than romero ( romero's real height is hard to find but according to his manager romero is 5"9/5"10 )
- So Conor's height < 5"10
rafael-dos-anjos-conor-mcgregor-ufc-197-pre.jpg

3 ) Conor is slightly taller than RDA
- So conor's height > 5"7
conor-mcgregor-ufc-1518903.jpg

khabib-conor-ufc229-presser-750.jpg

4 ) Conor looked slightly smaller than Khabib by maybe 1 or 2 cm.
So conor's height < 5ft9 and a quarter

Conclusion : conor is 5ft9 most likely ( same as poirier and they indeed looked the same height )
That's a lot of effort to go through. While you could have just used celeb heights.

PS, this site is the most accurate on heights out there.
https://www.celebheights.com/s/Conor-McGregor-48848.html

Conor is likely 5'8.5 in all honesty

Probably 5'9 if measured first thing in the morning or wearing a flat shoe

Back