Listening to the same song on repeat for hours, weird? Yes, No?

“Hours” might be excessive. But I love music, and used to play as well, so I‘ve been known to repeat tracks quite a bit if it’s a track that reveals new things with each listen, or I’m trying to make sense of something, or it had something I wanted to integrate into my own playing or whatever.
There were several tracks on Aphex Twin’s “Syro” that I listened to over and over on headphones, just taking in the programming, the subtle changes, etc.
When I was 16 or 17 and discovered Tom Waits, I got through “Bone Machine” that way the first time. Just listening to a track over and over before I moved on to the next one, as my teenage brain was trying to figure out “what the fuck IS this record??”

It is normal, especially if it is a very relaxing, melodic song.

There are multiple uploads on youtube of this song extended to an hour, 2 hours, even 10 hours. Yea, I doubt someone listens to it for 10 hours, but this one hour version has over a million views. The 10 hour version has 300k views.

This looped version of the Diablo 1 town music has 625k views.

Of course. I listened to this in its entirety.

...for 10 hours

I’ve got a coworker that’s known to play this on repeat for a few hours at a time.

Back when I was young - mid 90s - me and my buddies got kicked out of a pub because we kept playing the same song over and over on the jukebox - gotta love being young and drunk.

<36><{outtahere}>bork1}<{Heymansnicker}>{<jordan}<{MingNope}><{coachie}><Oku02><Dany07><Goldie11><JonesLaugh><20>

This past summer every weekday on the train to would listen to My Presidents Black by Young Jeezee on repeat.

I do this ALL the time

Today's song is

I can loop pieces like the above to last an hr combined sometimes (for example, I listened to the Bach piece for that long once while painting some interior walls), but any much more after that, and even these masterpieces become tiresome to the brain. Could drive you mad.

That’s not even the good song in Lsst of the Mohicans.

I do - maybe not hours but sometimes If it hits me I'll listen to a song excessively.

last time I can remember doing it was this song - was up late unable to sleep and it did not help that this song pumped me up.

Also, I recently got back in to playing guitar so I'll play the same song over and over that I'm trying to learn.

When I was young I'd play the same song for at least an hour if I was learning it.

I should also mention the “Engine” album by Die Warzau, which I listened to over and fucking over. On headphones, preferably. So many different styles being melded together on that record, so many tiny little nuances in different tracks. I heard something new on that record each time I listened to it, for a long time.

I can listen to something a few times in a row, but there's no way I can tolerate any one song for hours at a time. Don't think I could handle that even as background noise...

I only have two songs I do that with and only at the gym because they get my Blood up and makes me work hard

Eminem's "Lose yourself" LL Cool J's "Jack the Ripper"

Back