Listening to the same song on repeat for hours, weird? Yes, No?

I go through phases. I don't know if I listen to a song for hours, but from work to home or home to gym, I'll repeat a song 3-4 times if I really like it.

Ok, there was one time on a road trip from El Paso to Vegas, I listened to one song for about 2.5 hours over and over again.

I used to listen to one song in my cubicle for days thru speakers on low volume.
Behind the wall/partition sat the head of a different department.

One day my coworker/gf who worked in his department told me that he had asked her to ask me to change the song because it had been driving him crazy.

Fun times.
<GinJuice>

Perfectly normal if you love music

GiddyFlickeringIberianmidwifetoad-small.gif

It has to do with age and maturity.
Little kids can listen to or watch things over and over and over.

As your mind ages and matures and your schedule and life become more hectic you don’t have time to do most things you like once and have no desire to do things over and over.

but as life slows down and Alzheimer’s sets in you regress to toddler brain and revert to doing it over and over.

Sometimes.
Depends on the song how much you like it and what you are doing.

I do it alot if im alone and really feeling a jam but im just self aware enough where i know not to do it with other people around or they will get upset.

I got yelled at by my mom in middle school for listening to op ivy the crowd for like 3 hours straight the first time i ever heard it. I was blown away something could be so amazing and was aware life had just changed for me. She was like can we have a no more than 3 times in a row rule for a while. Great woman

a friend of mine does, he uses some website that repeats a youtube video and he will listen to Tay for hours at a time or brock lesnars entrance song or some other wrestlers music... it's unbelievable... a few summers ago it was pump up the jam on constant repeat... it is not acceptable behavior...

I would say if it’s the same song on repeat for hours on end, you are probably on the spectrum.

I've been listening to Tr/st on repeat since 2009 so I sort of get it although I don't think I could enjoy only one song over and over again.

I can loop pieces like the above to last an hr combined sometimes (for example, I listened to the Bach piece for that long once while painting some interior walls), but any much more after that, and even these masterpieces become tiresome to the brain. Could drive you mad.

If I'm shit faced drunk I might jam the same song a few times.

LEMME SHOW YA HOW SWEET LOVE CAN BE TAKE A RIDE WITH LARRRRRRAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY.

No kidding, I'll still call out my astrology sign listening to this version:

Larry's my favourite <3

First time hearing the song you posted. It's good.

I tend to do this more this ambient music. But yeah, i've done this with other music as well.

If it's a song I really like I could loop it for hours no problem.

After hearing Faded I dont think I listened to another song for weeks.

There's probably something wrong with me.

Back