Listen Up Green Tea Freaks

*runs over and kicks orange belt in the *****

*hands mike a paper bag*

'just breath mike, just breath, the bad mans gone'

loldogscutepuppypicturezs7.jpg

I was ready to flip out if they found some carcinogens in it.

Well fluoride is a carcinogen, but you should be fine if you don't buy from China and don't drink 10 cups a day.
edit: I used to drink Lipton green tea and I always noticed the "made from imported ingredients."
So I emailed them and they said it's from China. I no longer drink Lipton.

Well fluoride is a carcinogen, but you should be fine if you don't buy from China and don't drink 10 cups a day.
edit: I used to drink Lipton green tea and I always noticed the "made from imported ingredients."
So I emailed them and they said it's from China. I no longer drink Lipton.

so what do you use?

so what do you use?

Nothing right now unfortunately, I only received a reply from lipton recently. They seem to be doing everything they can to limit the fluoride in their tea. But they were referring to ice tea when communicating with me, I don't know why. I clearly stated I was interested in information on the standard bags.
Here's the reply;

Green tea is sourced from China and we have a rigorous testing program in place to screen the tea before it leaves its country of origin and also on its receival in Australia

Fluoride occurs naturally in tea as well as fish and more importantly water. Tea contains 1mg/L fluoride with corresponding benefits for dental health.

The excessive fluoride levels are usually linked to fluoridation of water. Water used in Lipton Ice Tea is not fluoridated.

Water goes through filters and its hardness is monitored vigilantly, since this is directly linked with product clarity. Our water specification does not allow more than 1 ppm (mg/L) fluoride.

Therefore Lipton ice tea as well as our hot teas are a good source of fluoride.

We appreciate your communication.

Bump. I came across a local Japanese shop and the lady imports all types of green tea from Japan. I bought some matcha and sencha. They are both powdered teas but matcha is more expensive. Sencha is popular as an everyday tea whereas matcha is used for special ceremonies. Supposedly these teas are even more healthy than a teabag since you are consuming the leaf. The taste is delicious, much better than the supermarket stuff. Not to mention it's organic, as shown in the top right of this blurry pic.

It costs more, but I would recommend it.

I just started drinking the green tea we have in bags here at work last week. I've noticed an almost immediate boost in energy. I'm planning on visiting this local tea shop at the end of the month that sells leaf teas instead of the bag kind, then I can brew the good stuff.

Been drinking about 4-5 cups a day. I'm thinking of mixing my peri-workout drink with this stuff instead of water as well.

I just started drinking the green tea we have in bags here at work last week. I've noticed an almost immediate boost in energy.

Heh, that would be the caffeine content probably.

Ozzie, I'd never thought to check out a local asian supermarket for new kinds of tea. I've pretty much burned through the health food store and my grocery, on to find new lands to conquer!

Heh, that would be the caffeine content probably.

Ozzie, I'd never thought to check out a local asian supermarket for new kinds of tea. I've pretty much burned through the health food store and my grocery, on to find new lands to conquer!

Maybe, but whenever I would drink sodas or coffee for caffeine it would be almost immediate diminishing returns. Like I would drink the stuff then immediately feel sleepy unless it was my first one after going off the stuff for a while. With green tea, even with a lower caffeine content, I feel energized as soon as I drink it, and the effect hasn't diminished like with soda and coffee since I started drinking it.

Bump. I came across a local Japanese shop and the lady imports all types of green tea from Japan. I bought some matcha and sencha. They are both powdered teas but matcha is more expensive. Sencha is popular as an everyday tea whereas matcha is used for special ceremonies. Supposedly these teas are even more healthy than a teabag since you are consuming the leaf. The taste is delicious, much better than the supermarket stuff. Not to mention it's organic, as shown in the top right of this blurry pic.

It costs more, but I would recommend it.

I also came across Matcha few months ago, but i only started trying it 2 weeks ago. I bought the Costco Matcha tea though, so no idea about quality. one thing i noticed, it's actually GREEN.

My problem with Matcha. Anyone else find this ridiculous to mix? I always get that clump on the bottom. Should I put it in my blender after boiling it ???? Or buy one of those hand blenders

I find that tea bags are convenient also and used to drink a store bought brand - celestial seasonings.

Back