List of Welterweights who could beat Tyron "Chosen One' Woodley

r6rw6.gif
I feel bad for laughing

In the most probable order:
1 - Thompson (most likely)
2 - Rory (already done it)
3 - Maia (depends on which fighter imposes his game)
4 - Cerrone or Condit (not likely, but could happen, both with good stand up and ground game)

I sincerely hope all the people saying Conor get their wish, just to see all the excuse threads after Tyron slams him through the octagon

Rory for surey.

Rory would dominate him again.
Wonderyboy would send him back to the duck pond.
I'd bet on Condit in a 5 rounder.

I actually have a computer program that I can enter two names and it shows the most likely outcome, here is what it came up with when I put Woodley and McGregor....

tumblr_mi37kmMMxE1qhjbxeo1_400.gif

On topic, there is no clear champ in the WW division, Woodley had an easy road to the title and has looked pretty bad at times, I feel Thompson beats him soundly. I feel Condit does over 3 or 5 rounds, Rory Mac beats him again...few other potentially.

Woodley talking about GSP is just him trying to avoid the harder fights imo and get a payday. GSP didnt look good even in his last few wins....to come back after all this time...I think Woodley beats him due to that and he knows it.

Wonderman
Rory
Maia
Condit
Cerrone
Conor
Gastelum
Koreshkov
Ben Henderson
Gunnar Nelson
Nick Diaz in a 5 rounder
Shields
Matt Brown
Saffiedine
Askren
Pre-USADA Hendricks
GSP
Magny
Rick Story
Conor

I disagree Condit is unlikely. I tend to see TW's win over Condit as a fluke.
That fight was going Woodley´s way, despite the way it ended.... he was countering well and landing the bigger shots. Of course Condit could pull that Condit vs Nick strategy, but I don´t think it would work, because of Tyron´s wrestling... he´d eventually take him down and gnp him. We don´t know how good Tyron´s black belt on BJJ is but he´d probably work on his bjj defense to be able to take Condit down and gnp without getting submitted. But on the later rounds like, 3, 4 and 5 Condit could turn the fight if Tyron got too tired in the earlier rounds.

I disagree Condit is unlikely. I tend to see TW's win over Condit as a fluke.
Even before the acl injury he was beating Condit around the octagon like he stole something. Unlikely is the correct answer.

Wonderman
Rory
Maia
Condit
Cerrone
Conor
Gastelum
Koreshkov
Ben Henderson
Gunnar Nelson
Nick Diaz in a 5 rounder
Shields
Matt Brown
Saffiedine
Askren
Pre-USADA Hendricks
GSP
Magny
Rick Story
Conor
I'm surprised you didn't say Robbie Lawler. You even through LWs in there and a bloated FW in there.

I was gonna say you don't like black guys then I saw Magny's name.

Back