Liquid Chalk vs Powder Chalk

Arpie

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience using the liquid stuff? The gym I'm going to isn't really the type thats going to like white powder on the bars/floors (even though I'd clean up after myself). A few different ones out there, wondering which works best for hot, (very) humid conditions and shitty barbells with not so good knurling.

Thanks

Be a man and barehand that shit. Callouses are cool.

lol in all seriousness, I have no experience with liquid chalk but if chalk is a no go for you at this gym couldn't you just wear gloves?

To me, liquid chalk got really slippery after awhile.

lol in all seriousness, I have no experience with liquid chalk but if chalk is a no go for you at this gym couldn't you just wear gloves?

This is self-contradictory. First you tell OP to "be a man" and then you tell him to "be a sissy little hairless vagina". Which is it?

NO GLOVES.

Liquid chalk is just chalk mixed with rubbing alcohol. Its usally overpriced so make your own instead of buying

I think it works great. If you use it to much it will dry your hands out fast. When I used to use it for climbing I would use the liquid chalk as a base layer since it get in all the little cracks and crevices of your hands then apply thepowdered chalk over it. I knew a few climbers who did the same. That also works really well for grip training

... and yea, don't wear gloves

face_palm.jpg

LOL! This is honestly what a gym manager once said when she was trying to tell me I couldn't use chalk (thankfully, we came to an arrangement).

It's like saying, why do you need food, couldn't you just eat poison? Chalk and gloves are complete opposites in effect.

It sounds like you're assuming they won't let you use chalk. Double-check your contract & the club rules. If there's not a rule against it, use it. If there is a rule against it, get a bag of rosin.

Anyone have any experience using the liquid stuff? The gym I'm going to isn't really the type thats going to like white powder on the bars/floors (even though I'd clean up after myself). A few different ones out there, wondering which works best for hot, (very) humid conditions and shitty barbells with not so good knurling.

Thanks

Less of a mess than normal chalk but works as good. Just remember to close the cap when you're done using it and carefull when you've got a cut/wound on your hands

My gym doesn't allow chalk. I'm discrete and polite about using it. I used a chalk ball instead of loose powder and keep everything inside a big ziploc. Nobody has ever said anything to me about it.

Well, I'm not going to use gloves. I did ask the gym "owner", he gave me the blankest of blank stares,I thought I might have given him instantaneous down-syndrome. But then again, this is the type of gyms that teach newbies to do 10 different arm/chest exercises and nothing for the legs. Its also overflowing with borderline anorexic guys wearing belts to do curls.

I'll try bring in a chalk ball, since I can't buy liquid chalk around here.

Back