Lioness not interested in giving Shevchenko a rematch at the current time

Yep. 10 cans for every 1 quality fight is not uncommon in boxing. I like that the top 10 in MMA consistently fight each other. The resumes in MMA are much more realistic and meaningful because of that fact.
Yeah. Even just looking at the odds for many boxing matches its soooo many fights where i see one fighter gives 3,4+ often 10,15 or 17+ the money, while the other fighter gives 1.01 or 1.05, or 1,03 etc like come on, its so one sided n oint in betting straights like that it seems nor caring for watching many of those fights.

Mma truly is a rough real hard sport, yet still only they fight for pennies often. In a way i feel it is good, because it does force them to ot just stay idle or say no to a fight because you only get offered 50 million so you can´t be arsed to do it. Got a ton of respect for them, would wish they got paid enough so they could focus completly on training.

Also i cant see why so many hate the wmma, if any division the bantamweight of wmma is truly in a state of an ever changing flux. Very exciting to watch.

UFC fighters are "independent contractors" , they're not employees. If she straight up refuses the fight, the UFC can't force her.
No but they can strip her of the belt and kick her out. Hardly she´ll be interrested in that.

no shit considering she barely won the first fight
Not sure what fight all of you guys saw, is this the typical hype after a fighter won an important fight, like Nunes had after beating Tate?
She clearly and without much trouble won 2 out of 3 rounds and seemed to get the better out of Valentina on the feet as well as on the ground.
Then she faded and Valentina got the better out of her. You can draw whatever conclusions you want for a 5 rounds fight but she clearly won the first fight, it was unanimous and it wasn't barely.

If the UFC wants to make Nunes/Shevchenko or Nunes/Pena, Nunes isn't really in a position to outright refuse. The champion has to defend their belt within a reasonable time period. Of course she can't be forced to fight, but she can't be allowed to keep the belt if she doesn't want to fight. If Rousey isn't coming back, Nunes should try and fight Shevchenko or Pena at MSG or another big upcoming PPV, like a McGregor fight, or the New Year show. That's if she actually wants to make money.

I'd prefer Julianna get the title shot over Valentina. Nunes/Shevchenko only just happened, and it wasn't a great fight. There's already been too many rematches recently.

UFC has to crack the whip whenever the fighters get uppity and start thinking they control the matchups. We don't want this sport to turn into boxing.

yeah they sure told Conor who to fight ... LOL

Pena makes every fight she has stink. She is probably the most boring woman fighter

Fuck champions that haven't even defended and start to think they can play matchmaker. Bisping, now Nunes. Piss off with that shit.

Didn't she JUST say in her post-fight interview that she's willing and ready to fight whoever the UFC and Dana and Lorenzo put in front of her?

that remark comes across as weak

with that I'm not implying that Valentina is the one that should necessarily get the shot

Back