Lion Fights 14: Cris Cyborg VS Jorina Baars & Choplin VS Pique 10PM AXS TV DISCUSSION

Baars won the fight but the scores were ridiculous it she clearly won but not by much Cyborg would have needed to kill her to win this fight

What would the scores have been if the ref, who did a pretty awful job, had counted the two knockdowns that he didn't count as such?

10-8 Baars
10-9 Baars
9-10 Cyborg
10-8 Baars
10-8 Baars
49-43 Baars

The rounds were mostly close, I will agree with that. But those knockdowns made a big scoring difference. The most lopsided score handed in by a judge was 49-44 Baars. So I don't see a big problem with the scoring. Just with the reffing. All in all, I think it was a great fight, though a bit sloppy at times in the later rounds as fatigue set in a little on both fighters.

lol @ people trying to apply mma rules to Standup fighting scores

those people went nuts on Overeem vs Bonjasky

noob question here,...........

if fighter A is beating up fighter B and clearly winning the round but fighter B scores a knockdown, is the round scored 9-9 or is the round scored 10-8 in favor of fighter B regardless of losing the round aside from the knockdown?

Same thing with Cro Cop vs Bonjasky...

no this is way more stupid than the crocop bonjasky fight

baars knocked down cyborg multiple times, there is no debate on who won and if it was close or not.....it was a clear cut victory

a knockdown is a game changer and baars dished them out from the get go

noob question here,...........

if fighter A is beating up fighter B and clearly winning the round but fighter B scores a knockdown, is the round scored 9-9 or is the round scored 10-8 in favor of fighter B regardless of losing the round aside from the knockdown?

well it has to be a dominant round to negate the knock down usually, but it depends on the org.....back in K1 a knockdown meant you pretty much won the fight because of their rules and the 3x2)

in this case jorina scored all knockdowns and cyborg scored none and above that she landed more clean shots.......clean strikes is what score and not output......output without lannding is a waste of time

in mma there is no such thing as a (counted) knockdown but in kickboxing/muay thai it counts alot......it's often meant to safe a fighter from getting brutally knocked out

And do not forget about all the lowkicks that were not blocked...

I'm a little surprised that Jorina didn't work the low kick more as she has some nasty ones and could have been landing them at will on Cyborg. Then again, she was picking her off with everything anyhow.

I'm a little surprised that Jorina didn't work the low kick more as she has some nasty ones and could have been landing them at will on Cyborg. Then again, she was picking her off with everything anyhow.

Between round 2 and 3 she told her corner something about her feet. Maybe that is why she didn't work the lowkicks.

well it has to be a dominant round to negate the knock down usually, but it depends on the org.....back in K1 a knockdown meant you pretty much won the fight because of their rules and the 3x2)

in this case jorina scored all knockdowns and cyborg scored none and above that she landed more clean shots.......clean strikes is what score and not output......output without lannding is a waste of time

in mma there is no such thing as a (counted) knockdown but in kickboxing/muay thai it counts alot......it's often meant to safe a fighter from getting brutally knocked out

my question was just random, it didn't have anything to do with this fight.

so as long as the round was dominated by one fighter, it can be scored a draw if said fighter got knocked down? (flash knock down)

my question was just random, it didn't have anything to do with this fight.

so as long as the round was dominated by one fighter, it can be scored a draw if said fighter got knocked down? (flash knock down)
Depends on the promotion really.

In K-1, if the said situation occurs, the fight would usually be scored 10-9 in favor of the fighter that got the knockdown (unless vs Masato then it's 10-10). Glory seems to give the standard 10-8. Same with Lion Fight.

In the stadiums half the time the refs don't even give a count for a flash knockdown and let the fight continue.

Only fight of the card I can find on youtube is Cyborgs. Kinda sucks as I don't have direct tv :/

Just noticed that Cyborg's knee hit the mat after she ate that front kick in the first

iQDo5qfMfkBVy.gif

That should have been a knockdown

You're not missing much anyways. Go watch the latest Max Muay Thai card instead...

I wanted to see the first fight on the card. The dude that fought is from a local place. Even though I saw he lost I wanted to see the fight and his technique :icon_chee

Back