Lingering Anxiety Dreams

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Daverisimo, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Daverisimo All Cats Are Beautiful

Does anyone here have them? I've had them off and on for as long as I can remember, but they've gotten a lot more frequent lately. Specifically, I've been having anxiety dreams about my time in the Navy, and high school.

Now, the Navy anxiety dreams I get. That wasn't that long ago, and it was objectively pretty stressful (granted, less stressful than if I were a grunt in the army or marine corps, but still pretty stressful). But the high school anxiety dreams make no sense, especially not over a decade after the fact.

I dunno, it's just screwy. My brain is fucking with me. Feels bad man.

Zebra Cheeks and BisexualMMA like this.
  2. Grave Saver ******WTF Belt****** Platinum Member

Anxiety is a common disorder. Expecially in 'these trying times' eh. LOL

Get yourself a good mantra.

and some good cannibis

fungi likes this.
  3. Eiffel-sixtyFight Green Belt

I was lead to believe In the navy
    Yes, you can put your mind at ease
    In the navy.

4. Daverisimo All Cats Are Beautiful

False advertising

Eiffel-sixtyFight likes this.
  5. dije1 Purple Belt

http://m.dreammoods.com/site/dreammoods/h2?url=http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/h2.htm#2587

High School

To dream about high school refers to the bonds and friendships that you made while you were in high school. What spiritual lessons have you learned? The dream may also be telling you that you need to start preparing for the real world.

To dream that you have to repeat high school suggests that you are doubting your accomplishments and the goals that you have already completed. You feel that you may not be measuring up to the expectation of others. The dream may occur because some recent situation may have awakened old anxieties and insecurities.

*Please See Also School.

School

To dream that you are in school signifies feelings of inadequacy and childhood insecurities that have never been resolved. It may relate to anxieties about your performance and abilities. If you are still in school and dream about school, then the dream may just be a reflection of your daily life and has no special significance.

Alternatively, a dream that takes place in school may be a metaphor for the lessons that you are learning from your waking life. You may be going through a "spiritual learning" experience.

To dream that you are looking for a school suggests that you need to expand your knowledge and learning. To dream that you are at a new school means that you are feeling out of place in some situation. Or perhaps there is a new lesson that you need to learn.

To dream that you are running away from school means that you are not being receptive to new ideas and viewpoints. You have not learned from your past mistakes.

To dream that your childhood school is in ruins suggests that you are dwelling on some unresolved childhood issue. Alternatively, the dream represents the passage of time. You need to look toward the future instead of reliving the past.

Navy

To dream that you are in the Navy symbolizes your need for organization, discipline and structure in your life.

Navy blue color represents a lack of individuality and creativity.

6. Mike RIP Frankie

I have pretty severe anxiety. Sometimes that leads to repetitive dreams, usually about old shit.

7. SaltedVinegarfootstomps Yellow Belt

It’s ok to have anxious dreams. Sometimes they mean something, sometimes they don’t. Don’t get too wrapped up in the details, and remember we tend to edit dreams subconsciously as we recall them. Try writing about them when you wake up, or don’t. I think it’s healthy that your mind is finding a way to express your anxieties in something other than creeping existential dread. As an aside, you can spend some time working on your own awareness of dreams, as you are having them, and this can sometimes lessen the panic we feel upon waking. Lucid dreaming is a good place to look.

8. Zebra Cheeks 2Cheeks Staff Member Senior Moderator

Last night had a dream that khabib came out of retirement to fight Conor and it was an absolute war. I woke up before it was over and I audibly yelled “PUT ME BACK IN”. Defo in the dog house cause I woke up the lady

9. Wrath of Foamy Brown Belt

I used to have great dreams, adventures in a strange and magical lands, with bright lights, fire tornadoes, tsunamis, zombies, fireworks etc etc...

Now I just dream about being late for work...

...or my car dangling off a cliff edge, prompting me to get up whilst half awake and nearly walk out into the streets of Phuket half naked in order to save myself...

10. Jesus X Hunter eyes

I only had anxiety when I had alcohol withdrawls I wouldn't have anxiety dreams because the anxiety and rapid heartbeat would keep me awake. I didn't sleep once for 3 days because the alcohol had actually made it so I couldn't sleep it does something to your circadian rhythms too it was a vicious cycle of withdrawal leading to anxiety and insomnia.

11. Jesus X Hunter eyes

you can sail the seven seas in the navy

12. ShinkanPo Steel Belt Platinum Member

I have thet every now and then part of my mental illness depression

But recently its been better.

13. ShinkanPo Steel Belt Platinum Member

Where were you deployed what ship?

14. MIKOM Making it up as I go along.

Young man, there's no need to feel down....

15. Oxycodone Green Belt

I've had recurring dreams of my gums breaking off and/or my teeth falling out. I've looked them up and anxiety seems to be the cause. My anxiety is probably more on the extreme side though.

Also, great avatar! @Daverisimo

16. SteveColdStone School of Self Awareness

ONABENCHHIGHEATINGCHICKENWINGSANDFRENCHFRIES
    I’ve had the teeth falling out one and also nose bleeds where I bleed to death

Oxycodone likes this.
  17. Oxycodone Green Belt

I've also had a couple dreams where I'm shot in the head. My brain glitches and body goes involuntarily limp as the black walls close in on my sight.

I remember my sister telling me when I was a kid that if I died in my dreams, I'd die in real life. That bitch is a liar. I've died so many times.

SteveColdStone likes this.
  18. SteveColdStone School of Self Awareness

ONABENCHHIGHEATINGCHICKENWINGSANDFRENCHFRIES
    I was shot in the neck once and that was one of the worst dreams I’ve ever had. Oh lord I’ve died countless times in my dreams and I was also told the same thing. I usually find it to be peaceful but sometimes it sucks.

Oxycodone likes this.
  19. ShadBo Brown Belt Platinum Member

I've been outta school for many years, but every now and then I'll have a dream that I have an exam coming up that I didn't study for.

Shit is terrifying.