Lincon Project grifters being called out for accomplishing nothing but self-promotion

They're Republicans who were supposed to convince other Republicans to break with Trump.

Trump actually increased his amount of Republican spport.

There's no evidence that TLP did anything but con gullible liberals into giving them enough money to fund their post election network launch.

Really? There’s no evidence? Hmmm.

The Republican share of Trump’s vote went up in 2020, not down. The Lincoln Project was ostensibly meant to turn Republican voters away from Trump and toward Biden, they failed at that miserably. Biden won because left wing activists did a Herculean job turning out the urban vote. 800k new voter registrations in Georgia, hundreds of thousands new voter registrations in Arizona over the last 10 yrs. Lincoln project had squat to do with any of that.

Georgia and Arizona going for Biden begs you differ.

Georgia and Arizona going for Biden begs you differ.
Georgia (black vote turned out by Stacey Abrams) and Arizona (Latino vote built up over the last 10 yrs to oppose Sherriff Joe Arapaioa) largely drove those results. Republicans converted by the Lincoln project had shit to do with it. Again, Republican share of Trump’s vote went UP from 2016, not down, Trump was more popular with Republicans this time around. Lincoln project produced a huge goose egg.

Liberals - "The Lincoln Project was never my friend."

Good. I hope morons like Rick Wilson find themselves to be a man without an island after this. No more prime time CNN slots to spew their nonsense. No "welcome back" party from the right. No nothing. Grifter justice.
Trump University level grifter?

Side splitting funny that a Trump ball washing devotee cultist would have the gall to accuse someone of being a grifter

The far right cries about twitter policies because they can't make money off of tweeting bullshit like the left. Literally ripping on people for self promoting so that they can self promote. You have to be some sort of special idiot to actually eat this up.

Trump underperformed GOP House members by 20k votes in Wisconsin.

Biden won Wisconsin by 20k votes....

And Trump underperformed GOP House members in other states as well

I don't know how much of a difference these guys made but I think this Biden win is a team victory

Georgia (black vote turned out by Stacey Abrams) and Arizona (Latino vote built up over the last 10 yrs to oppose Sherriff Joe Arapaioa) largely drove those results. Republicans converted by the Lincoln project had shit to do with it. Again, Republican share of Trump’s vote went UP from 2016, not down, Trump was more popular with Republicans this time around. Lincoln project produced a huge goose egg.

Youll find excuses if you look for them. Texas should had gone to Biden with that logic. Trump was doing so well with black and Latino voters. Biden got 5 million more votes than Hillary. We know that moderates and Independents moved in his direction. TLP didn’t have to sway only Republicans.

There's literally no evidence of this.

All post-election data shows Republican turnout was record breaking and solidly in Trump's favor. Biden got a smaller percentage of Republican votes than Clinton and Obama did.

All TLP did was create for anti-Trump fodder for the resistance liberals who gave them money.
I agree. The Dems got in bed with the wrong people here. I doubt any Republican that voted for Biden was swayed by three guys. Just a bad idea and it made the Dems look bad by having three people as allies

The only people those ads landed with were Dems and never Trumpers. There’s absolutely no evidence they convinced Republicans to switch sides. Rick Wilson and Schmidt are both grifters.
Meh, ain't my money that was spent

I thought some of their videos were well done but do they really need tens of millions for that shit? Fuck em’. Never Trumpers are all still monsters and they spent decades priming the Republican base for a guy like Trump. They only look reasonable compared to Trump era Republicans.
costs for ads are more about distribution rather than construction.

that said if some pro-Hilary resistance dems were stupid enough to get conned out of their money by some grifting neo-cons, so what? Am I to be sorry for them. Fuck 'em.

They funneled $40m of the money they raised into private companies they own.

They spent to support Al Gross ... he's losing.
They spent to support Steve Bullock ... he lost.
They spent to attack Joni Ernst ... she won.
They spent to attack Susan Collins ... she won.
They spent to attack Lindsay Graham ... he won.
They spent to attack Moscow Mitch ... he won.

I think the only Senate candidate they attacked who lost was McSally.

Now they are trying to parlay their clout into a media company.

They are now proven conmen, and should not be trusted.

Far as I know, it was an anti-Trumper project, so weren’t they successful? How can anyone be mad at giving them money when it was totally transparent who they were?

All I read on here was about how they’re neocons and shit.

They were supposed to convince Republicans to vote for Democrats but Biden pulled a smaller percentage of Republicans than Hillary did.

There are Republicans who voted for Biden. I live in a very Republican area and have seen a few yard signs saying Republicans for Biden. Lincoln Project was not about voting in Democrats and hurting Republicans, they were always about opposing Trump. They would have helped sway some Republicans to either vote for Biden or not vote Trump.
<Dany07>

Oh yeah, definitely, because of course if you're trying to sway republicans, you would focus all your efforts on NYC, San Francisco and every big money left wing stronghold, have all your TV appearances on Morning Joe and CNN, and spend 89% of the money on your own salaries, when the average is 14-20%. Lol, you got got by some unemployed political consultants who called you losers and whores just a few years ago, then cashed in on TDS by pandering to those exact people and hoovered up the donations. They didn't even pretend to want to sway republicans, it was a pretty open money grab from big money democrats who gave them millions to make a couple youtube videos.

I read that as Lincoln Park and was super confused for a second

How are they grifters, though?

Grifters profit off of people using lies or fake bills of goods. They didn't do that.

"Opportunitists" or "charlatans" might be appropriate at most. Ultimately, I think they're more likely just well-meaning conservatives who really overestimated their contributions to the conservative project, because it's owed to randomness of people's stupidity

The only people those ads landed with were Dems and never Trumpers. There’s absolutely no evidence they convinced Republicans to switch sides. Rick Wilson and Schmidt are both grifters.

This.

It was just preaching to the choir.

Back