Limited equipment

They still haven't said if gyms are staying closed past April 1st in San Diego county yet. I'd be amazed if they don't extend the shutdown... But here's hoping they dont

Just stopping by to mention my gains are looking great in my fully stocked garage gym!

giphy.gif

They still haven't said if gyms are staying closed past April 1st in San Diego county yet. I'd be amazed if they don't extend the shutdown... But here's hoping they dont

Got extended to April 16th here.

Feels bad man.jpeg

Everyone be going through squat, deadlift, and bench withdrawal right now...

Everyone be going through squat, deadlift, and bench withdrawal right now...

Sales of books like The Naked Warrior, Convict Conditioning etc etc will go through the roof.

We are all Bodyweight Strength trainers now...:(

Last edited:
Sales of books like The Naked Warrior, Convict Conditioning etc etc will go through the roof.

We are all Bodyweight Strength trainers now...:(
The church of no gainz and cardio!

On a side note... kijiji/craigslist, about half to 60% of the posts are all "WANTED: weight plates"

Last edited:
If you’re looking for stuff you can make yourself I’ve been successful with a few things.

1. If you already have fitness bands you can take broom head off a broom handle and make a bar for curls and chest presses.

2. You can make a Bulgarian bag out of a car inner tube cut in half and filled with sand - securing the ends with duct tape.

3. If minimalism is your thing you can buy a bag of sand - wrap it in tarp and duct tape some rope to it (wrap the tarp around the bag halfway then put rope in and finish wrapping now once you duct tape it the tape will act more of a proxy control)

The hardest part about doing bw weight stuff is finding a way to work the legs. The biggest issue is your legs are already conditioned to carry your body weight and I don't train to get more endurance.

The hardest part about doing bw weight stuff is finding a way to work the legs. The biggest issue is your legs are already conditioned to carry your body weight and I don't train to get more endurance.
Leg press your couch bra or fireman carry squat your gf

Sprints
Plyos
Glute Ham Raises
Weighted Pistols

Should be enough

Check bidfta
I’ve been collecting shit there
50 pound kettle bell , 45 pound plate, dumbbells, bench, adjustable dumbbells, another 45 plate hopefully, another adjustable dumbbell set and a 300 pound Olympic set

Sprints
Plyos
Glute Ham Raises
Weighted Pistols

Should be enough
Outside of ghr those are not really " strength " although pistols are great for strength.

For strength i am currently using isos. In my next cycle I will be adding altitude drops and depth jumps.

Outside of ghr those are not really " strength " although pistols are great for strength.

For strength i am currently using isos. In my next cycle I will be adding altitude drops and depth jumps.
Depends on your currently strength levels.
Most would get stronger or at least maintain strength with those activities. Reps/distances low for plyos and sprints with full recovery.

My leg workout

10 min Jumping Jacks - warmup
Then repeat 5 minutes of lunges, 5 minutes of squats for the remainder of the hour no breaks. Use a weight vest, make some of jumping lunges and squats or hold something if you're a badass. Its boring. I want strong legs though not an hour of fun. Try it meat boys! It'll work.

First pick up of equipment
45 plate, 50 kettlebell, 15 kettlebell all good
300 pound set was mislabeled as missing the bar, was missing the bar and 3 boxes. Boo

Next pick up tomorrow

Second pick up
Two benches
45pound plate
Curl bar and 2 Olympic dumbbell handles
Hex bar

Back