Limit the number of vids someone can embed

jerzey devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
@Gold
Reaction score
It's annoying when people post like 10 videos in one post. 3 or 4 people do the same thing on one page and the gif threads load quicker.

Last edited:
So I wrote up a list of guidelines, similar to the list I wrote for the gif thread(s). Since this is your thread, Jerz, I'll let you mold this however you want. I'm not sure how this would be implemented (is it just for P&M, forum-wide, etc?), but it is something to get the ball rolling:

Due to loading time, the following guidelines are encouraged when posting embedded videos:

-One embedded vid per post
-If you insist on posting more than one video in a post, make use of the spoiler tag for each video after the initial one. (spoiler tag =
text here[/spoiler:)] remove smiley)
-A spoiler tag is not necessary for each video. You can put several in the same spoiler tag.
-When quoting a video, please "break down" the embed code or just remove the video from the quote.
-If you have a suggestion, please post it in this thread: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f19/limit-number-vids-someone-can-embed-2350861/

So I wrote up a list of guidelines, similar to the list I wrote for the gif thread(s). Since this is your thread, Jerz, I'll let you mold this however you want. I'm not sure how this would be implemented (is it just for P&M, forum-wide, etc?), but it is something to get the ball rolling:

Nice Det. That should be copied and pasted in the op of every thread that requests people to post vids if there's no way for the admins to automatically regulate this.

I usually do the same if im posting more than 3 gifs or videos. My settings are also at 30 posts per page, so using spoiler tags helps a lot.

1 vid per post will increase postwhoring

That's why I put the part about the spoiler tag.

Also, the only forum where I could see post whoring becoming an issue is P&M, and posts don't count there anyways. Most people in the other forums aren't going to post 30+ embedded vids. If that were to happen, the thread would probably be moved to P&M.

Back