Like I've been saying for 15 years, the wrestler has the advantage

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Even when Anderson Silva was champion I always knew once he fought a real tough wrestler he'd be screwed. I always thought GSP would beat him. He fought Hendo during an era when all hendo wanted to do was throw H-bombs.

idc what division the best wrestler will rise to the top eventually.

Guys like Max, Whittaker, even conor...their time will come when they fight a wrestler that just runs them over all night long and sucks the life outta them.

Are you trying to tell us that wrestling is an important aspect of MMA? Maybe the most important? Such a revelation. This changes everything... lol

"Their time will come" What about the wrestlers they beat? Everyone loses eventually if you fight for long enough.

4 out of the 8 champions started as wrestlers. Top level wrestlers blow the doors off the BJJ based fighters and often become elite strikers. Not to mention Bones who was a wrestler as well. The wrestlers have superior take-down defense and control on the ground.

Are you trying to tell us that wrestling is an important aspect of MMA? Maybe the most important? Such a revelation. This changes everything... lol

"Their time will come" What about the wrestlers they beat? Everyone loses eventually if you fight for long enough.

OP thinks he's Nostradamus. Don't ruin the illusion for him.

Even when Anderson Silva was champion I always knew once he fought a real tough wrestler he'd be screwed. I always thought GSP would beat him. He fought Hendo during an era when all hendo wanted to do was throw H-bombs.

Guys like Max, Whittaker, even conor...their time will come when they fight a wrestler that just runs them over all night long and sucks the life outta them.
You realize Whittaker IS a Wrestler right? Lol

is this supposed to be a new take?

this is how things go. wrestler gets to top --> guy with good TDD and striking beats wrestler --> well rounded fighter beats striker with good TDD --> wrestler beats well rounded fighter. sometimes you can mix in a BJJ guy, but not usually

Who has ever disagreed with that notion?
Literally every single person worth their salt said and says wrestling is the best base for mma.

Legit question, do you read? Or did you actually think that you were the only one to think that way?

GSP beating Anderson. You're funny as fuck

lmao first off, shut up man.

second, nice double thread you dork.

AM I THE ONLY WUN WHO THIKNKS WRESTLRURS ARE GOOD AT MMA???!!!!

Conor got past mendes and eddie, silva got past hendo and sonnen. So it sounds like you are saying wrestlers might not beat them, great wrestlers might not beat them, BUT some wrestler may one day beat them and that will prove your point.

I do agree though, wrestlers have the advantage. More so than pure strikers, BJJ guys, etc.

I think that is the first time I’ve ever heard that take ever.....

I think that is the first time I’ve ever heard that take ever.....

Wrestlers need other martial arts as well...

Whittaker is literally one of the best wrestlers in mma.

Strikers rule

Anderson Silva is proof

When he lost, how did he lose? Striking

Tj superior wrestling to striking Cody, how does he beat Cody? Purely striking

Until someone knees their head when telegraphing takedowns. Wrestling is crucial but I think camps aren't offering enough strategies to thwart wrestling. Sprawling isn't the only defense.

A shitload of people have been saying this since day one.

Until someone knees their head when telegraphing takedowns. Wrestling is crucial but I think camps aren't offering enough strategies to thwart wrestling. Sprawling isn't the only defense.

4 out of the 8 champions started as wrestlers. Top level wrestlers blow the doors off the BJJ based fighters and often become elite strikers. Not to mention Bones who was a wrestler as well. The wrestlers have superior take-down defense and control on the ground.

And stupid rules and judging to help them win decisions.

Back