Like I've been saying for 15 years, the wrestler has the advantage

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Even when Anderson Silva was champion I always knew once he fought a real tough wrestler he'd be screwed. I always thought GSP would beat him. He fought Hendo during an era when all hendo wanted to do was throw H-bombs.

idc what division the best wrestler will rise to the top eventually.

Guys like Max, Whittaker, even conor...their time will come when they fight a wrestler that just runs them over all night long and sucks the life outta them.

Yeah, and even after all the rule changes to hurt wrestlers it's probably the single best asset in the game.

Whittaker wrestles quite a bit himself.

Wrong, there are always ebbs in the game. Once wrestlers dominate, strikers start to up their game and sure up on their anti wrestling, footwork, feints etc and then they start dominating, then wrestlers counter that etc.

Right now, I think we're in the age of the strikers, but wrestlers are quickly coming back and taking belts again.

1.gif

It's boring and will lose viewers. Need more yellow cards on ground

It's boring and will lose viewers. Need more yellow cards on ground

Even when Anderson Silva was champion I always knew once he fought a real tough wrestler he'd be screwed.
So you knew that yet it never came to fruition. Sonnen tried to lay on top of him but still lost. It didn't happen until he was way past his prime and fighting as a last minute replacement against Cormier who fights two weights above.

The ability to dictate where the fight takes place is obviously massively advantageous.

Even when Anderson Silva was champion I always knew once he fought a real tough wrestler he'd be screwed. I always thought GSP would beat him. He fought Hendo during an era when all hendo wanted to do was throw H-bombs.

idc what division the best wrestler will rise to the top eventually.

Guys like Max, Whittaker, even conor...their time will come when they fight a wrestler that just runs them over all night long and sucks the life outta them.

Wow dude, you're so prophetic.

It's been common knowledge that wrestling is best base to have but judging MMA /cage fighting still needs to evolve their scoring a bit further.
I've re-watched johnson-cejudo and I believe it was wrong decision.Dont get me wrong, extremely tight - like a draw so I can't help myself by saying Johnson was champ and cejudo took the damage.
Just one man's opinion.

Are you trying to tell us that wrestling is an important aspect of MMA? Maybe the most important? Such a revelation. This changes everything... lol

"Their time will come" What about the wrestlers they beat? Everyone loses eventually if you fight for long enough.

Wrestlers start with a great skillset for controlling where the fight takes place. Add to it a long history of grueling practices and the weight cutting discipline and it certainly seems a high level wrestler could transition well into mma.

Miocic, DC/Jones, Woodley/GSP, Nurmagomedov, Dillashaw/Garbardn't/Cruz, Cejudo/Johnson. Yup, wrestling is dominating MMA.

That’s why wrestlers always win, except when they lose.

every year there are 1000000 elite wrestlers and maybe 1-2 elite boxers (I am generous)

... do the math lol

Back